Manjaro Fails. Is there a Linux that works?
spindrift
2016-10-22 23:21:47 UTC
Manjaro tripped on itself while octopi was updating the 358 packages.
First error message was:
"error: unresolvable package conflicts detected"

Second error:

"We are sorry KWin closed unexpectedly.
You can helo us improve kde software by reporting the error.
Details: Executable:kwin_x11 PID:859 Signal: Aborted (6) Time 10/22/16
18:33:57

So after the 358 packages updated, I rebooted and now after I log in I
am left with a box in the middle of the screen with a mouse curser and
that's it.
No menu bar, nothing.

So far Linux is not impressing me.
--
spindrift
Jeff Spicoli: All I need are some tasty waves,
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-22 23:32:13 UTC
Post by spindrift
Manjaro tripped on itself while octopi was updating the 358 packages.
"error: unresolvable package conflicts detected"
"We are sorry KWin closed unexpectedly.
You can helo us improve kde software by reporting the error.
Details: Executable:kwin_x11 PID:859 Signal: Aborted (6) Time 10/22/16
18:33:57
So after the 358 packages updated, I rebooted and now after I log in I
am left with a box in the middle of the screen with a mouse curser and
that's it.
No menu bar, nothing.
So far Linux is not impressing me.
Heh heh.

Meanwhile, many of use Linux with significantly fewer problems
than "Windows" (Windows XP? Windows 7? Windows 8? Window 9?
[Ooops, Microsoft skipped that one!] Windows 10? They're
all so different, yet come from one single company!)
--
Q: What's the difference between the 1950's and the 1980's?
A: In the 80's, a man walks into a drugstore and states loudly, "I'd
"and some cigarettes."
Melzzzzz
2016-10-22 23:39:40 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Manjaro tripped on itself while octopi was updating the 358 packages.
"error: unresolvable package conflicts detected"
"We are sorry KWin closed unexpectedly.
You can helo us improve kde software by reporting the error.
Details: Executable:kwin_x11 PID:859 Signal: Aborted (6) Time 10/22/16
18:33:57
So after the 358 packages updated, I rebooted and now after I log in I
am left with a box in the middle of the screen with a mouse curser and
that's it.
No menu bar, nothing.
So far Linux is not impressing me.
Heh heh.
Meanwhile, many of use Linux with significantly fewer problems
than "Windows" (Windows XP? Windows 7? Windows 8? Window 9?
[Ooops, Microsoft skipped that one!] Windows 10? They're
all so different, yet come from one single company!)
I am really interrested how he resolved conflicts from octopi ;)))))
press any key to continue or any other to quit
spindrift
2016-10-22 23:55:29 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
Why should I have to?
Isn't that what a package manager is supposed to do?
I resolved it by removing Manjaro and installing Linuxmint with MATE.
So far it seems to be working.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 00:07:32 UTC
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 19:55:29 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
You coulnd't upgrade through octopi so you are lying when saying you
rebooted and left with only mouse cursor ;)
I can bet oyu never really touched manjaro rather googled for some
info ;)
press any key to continue or any other to quit
spindrift
2016-10-23 00:23:21 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
And you would be wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/1lzdd

http://imgur.com/a/qfTVH

By the way are you some kind of a nut?

a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-23 00:29:36 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
http://youtu.be/86IpS-tyxj4
Touche'
That should shut SMELLlllllllzzzzz up.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 00:37:47 UTC
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Touche'
That should shut SMELLlllllllzzzzz up.
You are flatfish, no doubt, prick.
press any key to continue or any other to quit
Jim Polaski
2016-10-23 00:47:53 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Touche'
That should shut SMELLlllllllzzzzz up.
You are flatfish, no doubt, prick.
Wrong.
You're just mad because spindrift made an ass of you.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 00:51:01 UTC
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Touche'
That should shut SMELLlllllllzzzzz up.
You are flatfish, no doubt, prick.
Wrong.
You're just mad because spindrift made an ass of you.
He didn;t how he successfully updated in *terminal* while
unsuccessfully in octopi? This looks like forged screen.
press any key to continue or any other to quit
spindrift
2016-10-23 01:00:26 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Touche'
That should shut SMELLlllllllzzzzz up.
You are flatfish, no doubt, prick.
Wrong.
You're just mad because spindrift made an ass of you.
He didn;t how he successfully updated in *terminal* while
unsuccessfully in octopi? This looks like forged screen.
Because when you start Octopi it asks you if you would like to run the
update in a terminal.
That is what I chose.
You don't seem to be Linux knowledgeable.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 01:05:20 UTC
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Touche'
That should shut SMELLlllllllzzzzz up.
You are flatfish, no doubt, prick.
Wrong.
You're just mad because spindrift made an ass of you.
He didn;t how he successfully updated in *terminal* while
unsuccessfully in octopi? This looks like forged screen.
Because when you start Octopi it asks you if you would like to run the
update in a terminal.
That is what I chose.
You don't seem to be Linux knowledgeable.
Where are the conflicts shown in terminal?
press any key to continue or any other to quit
spindrift
2016-10-23 01:11:19 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Touche'
That should shut SMELLlllllllzzzzz up.
You are flatfish, no doubt, prick.
Wrong.
You're just mad because spindrift made an ass of you.
He didn;t how he successfully updated in *terminal* while
unsuccessfully in octopi? This looks like forged screen.
Because when you start Octopi it asks you if you would like to run the
update in a terminal.
That is what I chose.
You don't seem to be Linux knowledgeable.
Where are the conflicts shown in terminal?
I didn't see them in the terminal window although they might have been
there. The messages scroll by quickly. They are shown in the
screenshot though in the gui which stays up on the screen even when
you select run in a terminal.
You really need to educate yourself wrt Linux because at this point
you are looking like a fool.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-23 01:22:04 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
I give you ~ 3 days with Linux and you'll be running back to Windows.
Good luck getting Linux to reliably see your Windows shares. You haven't
experienced Linux until you have messed with Samba which is what you
need to run in order to make Windows shares visable. This should get you
started.

https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1861

Scared yet?
spindrift
2016-10-23 01:30:36 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
Yes, it's frightening. That looks like a huge headache just to be able
to see my Windows network.
Windows 10 set up a simple home network by default and everything
worked. All computers see each other and shared drives just work.
That's all I require. Why does Linux make this so difficult?
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-23 01:40:30 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
Microsoft and even more so Apple understand that the number of people
who just want to use software vs tinkering with software in order to
make it work, is far greater. They cater to ease of use. Linux is
written for geeks and technical people and allows experienced users to
control every aspect of the programs and operating system.

Unfortunately the Linux developers haven't got a clue when it comes to
ease of use, proper documentation and consistancy of the interface.
Linux looks and feels like it's been assembled from 5000 different parts
put together by 5000 different people which in reality is true.

And if that isn't enough to discourage you from using Linux, just take a
look at the Linux community in general. What you see here is the bottom
of the barrel for sure but the Linux community has a well deserved
reputation for being extremely nasty, especially to new users.
Most people don't last very long with Linux because of this.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 01:44:11 UTC
On 23 Oct 2016 01:40:30 GMT
Jim Polaski <***@linuxmail.org> wrote:

especially to new
users. Most people don't last very long with Linux because of this.
New users seeking help for Manjaro usually go to Manjaro forum or irc
channel, not in *advocacy* group, flatfish.
press any key to continue or any other to quit
Jim Polaski
2016-10-23 01:51:36 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:40:30 GMT
especially to new
users. Most people don't last very long with Linux because of this.
New users seeking help for Manjaro usually go to Manjaro forum or irc
channel, not in *advocacy* group, flatfish.
I doubt spindrift knows what an irc channel is.
And spindrift is making a monkey out of you SMELLzzzzzz.
And for the third time, I'm not flatfish.
You are batting 1000 today.
100 percent wrong.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 01:56:00 UTC
On 23 Oct 2016 01:51:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:40:30 GMT
especially to new
users. Most people don't last very long with Linux because of this.
New users seeking help for Manjaro usually go to Manjaro forum or
irc channel, not in *advocacy* group, flatfish.
I doubt spindrift knows what an irc channel is.
All Manjaro installs have links to irc channel on desktop. Regularly
new users with generic nicks like manjaro_kde1234 or such showing up
looking for help...
Post by Jim Polaski
And spindrift is making a monkey out of you SMELLzzzzzz.
Yeah sure. Especially when he is lying his ass...
He lied that upgrade went without his intervention, despite
conflicts, that's for sure.
Post by Jim Polaski
And for the third time, I'm not flatfish.
You are batting 1000 today.
100 percent wrong.
You are flatfish, I wasnt 100% sure, now I am.
press any key to continue or any other to quit
Jim Polaski
You seem to enjoy being wrong. Are you a Peter Kohlmann nym perhaps?
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 13:19:49 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Jim Polaski
And for the third time, I'm not flatfish.
You are batting 1000 today.
100 percent wrong.
You are flatfish, I wasnt 100% sure, now I am.
You seem to enjoy being wrong. Are you a Peter Kohlmann nym perhaps?
+1.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
spindrift
2016-10-23 02:03:51 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:51:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:40:30 GMT
especially to new
users. Most people don't last very long with Linux because of this.
New users seeking help for Manjaro usually go to Manjaro forum or
irc channel, not in *advocacy* group, flatfish.
I doubt spindrift knows what an irc channel is.
All Manjaro installs have links to irc channel on desktop. Regularly
new users with generic nicks like manjaro_kde1234 or such showing up
looking for help...
I never got that far.
First thing I did was update.
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Jim Polaski
And spindrift is making a monkey out of you SMELLzzzzzz.
Yeah sure. Especially when he is lying his ass...
He lied that upgrade went without his intervention, despite
conflicts, that's for sure.
I had to click ok though.
If that was incorrect, it should have warned me.
It didn't.
That dialog box implies the problem is resolved.
The user should not be allowed to continue without resolving the
problem.
That's defective software.
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Jim Polaski
And for the third time, I'm not flatfish.
You are batting 1000 today.
100 percent wrong.
You are flatfish, I wasnt 100% sure, now I am.
Flatfish?
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 02:06:15 UTC
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 22:03:51 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Jim Polaski
And spindrift is making a monkey out of you SMELLzzzzzz.
Yeah sure. Especially when he is lying his ass...
He lied that upgrade went without his intervention, despite
conflicts, that's for sure.
I had to click ok though.
If that was incorrect, it should have warned me.
It didn't.
That dialog box implies the problem is resolved.
The user should not be allowed to continue without resolving the
problem.
That's defective software.
Look, you cannot proceed without intervention in terminal if there are
conflicts. octopi is just a wrapper around pacman and that's it.
You are plain liar.
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Jim Polaski
And for the third time, I'm not flatfish.
You are batting 1000 today.
100 percent wrong.
You are flatfish, I wasnt 100% sure, now I am.
Flatfish?
You too?
press any key to continue or any other to quit
spindrift
2016-10-23 02:15:09 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 22:03:51 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Jim Polaski
And for the third time, I'm not flatfish.
You are batting 1000 today.
100 percent wrong.
You are flatfish, I wasnt 100% sure, now I am.
Flatfish?
You too?
My pictures prove you wrong.
Plain and simple.
You can accuse me all you want but I have the proof of my experience
and you have nothing other than name calling.

You haven't been correct yet in this thread.
Why do you continue to embarrass yourself?
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-23 02:12:10 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:51:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:40:30 GMT
especially to new
users. Most people don't last very long with Linux because of this.
New users seeking help for Manjaro usually go to Manjaro forum or
irc channel, not in *advocacy* group, flatfish.
I doubt spindrift knows what an irc channel is.
All Manjaro installs have links to irc channel on desktop. Regularly
new users with generic nicks like manjaro_kde1234 or such showing up
looking for help...
I never got that far.
First thing I did was update.
As you should.
There have been some urgent security updates to the kernel lately.
It's always good to have the latest updates.
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Jim Polaski
And spindrift is making a monkey out of you SMELLzzzzzz.
Yeah sure. Especially when he is lying his ass...
He lied that upgrade went without his intervention, despite
conflicts, that's for sure.
I had to click ok though.
If that was incorrect, it should have warned me.
It didn't.
That dialog box implies the problem is resolved.
The user should not be allowed to continue without resolving the
problem.
That's defective software.
Don't waste your time with SMELLzzzzz. He will continue to try and smear
you.
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet he
isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window says
"spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
So how did you manage to fake that one?
See what assholes the COLA Cabal members are?
My advice is give LinuxMint a try and stick around COLA for a while and
join us in beating up on the COLA Cabal.
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Jim Polaski
And for the third time, I'm not flatfish.
You are batting 1000 today.
100 percent wrong.
You are flatfish, I wasnt 100% sure, now I am.
Flatfish?
These paranoid COLA Cabal members accuse people who have alternative
views from them of being either flatfish or snit. Both are long time
COLA trolls. It's their way of waging a smear campaign against people
who make different choices then they make.

If you corner a COLA Cabal member they will cry flatfish or snit much
like a kid cries uncle when he gives up.
Stick around and you will see it done on a daily basis.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 02:38:48 UTC
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet he
isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window says
"spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
I saw that first, regardless, I claim screen is faked.
press any key to continue or any other to quit
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 16:27:55 UTC
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 04:38:48 +0200
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet
he isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window
says "spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
I saw that first, regardless, I claim screen is faked.
No one was interested to learn why I think screen is faked let me
explain:
1. Octopi shows failed updated process yet he claims he choose "run in
terminal".
2. terminal process shows success, while somehow octopi shows failed
update
3. he claims he didn't type anything in terminal, but he clicked ok
somewhere ?!
4. kwin crashed yet windows have decorations still.
5. background is black and there is no panel, which shouldn't be so if
kwin crashed. This is the case if plasma-shell crashed, not kwin.
6. Windows look artificial.
press any key to continue or any other to quit
William Poaster
2016-10-23 16:32:38 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 04:38:48 +0200
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet
he isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window
says "spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
I saw that first, regardless, I claim screen is faked.
No one was interested to learn why I think screen is faked let me
1. Octopi shows failed updated process yet he claims he choose "run in
terminal".
2. terminal process shows success, while somehow octopi shows failed
update
3. he claims he didn't type anything in terminal, but he clicked ok
somewhere ?!
4. kwin crashed yet windows have decorations still.
5. background is black and there is no panel, which shouldn't be so if
kwin crashed. This is the case if plasma-shell crashed, not kwin.
6. Windows look artificial.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. :-)
--
What IS remarkable, is that a well developed ape has come
to realise that he lives on a planet, circling a sun, in a
- Professor Michio Kaku - Theoretical Physicist -
Godzilla
2016-10-23 16:34:49 UTC
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 18:27:55 +0200, Melzzzzz,
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 04:38:48 +0200
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet
he isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window
says "spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
I saw that first, regardless, I claim screen is faked.
No one was interested to learn why I think screen is faked let me
1. Octopi shows failed updated process yet he claims he choose "run in
terminal".
2. terminal process shows success, while somehow octopi shows failed
update
3. he claims he didn't type anything in terminal, but he clicked ok
somewhere ?!
4. kwin crashed yet windows have decorations still.
5. background is black and there is no panel, which shouldn't be so if
kwin crashed. This is the case if plasma-shell crashed, not kwin.
6. Windows look artificial.
I agree with the kwin part.
I killed kwin here, and lost all window decorations immediately.
No title bars at all.
Still had panel, but Task Manager was unresponsive.
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
spindrift
2016-10-24 16:42:53 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 04:38:48 +0200
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
My system was frozen.
Whatever was on the screen when I took the picture was on the screen.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Peter Köhlmann
2016-10-24 16:46:10 UTC
Post by spindrift
My system was frozen.
Whatever was on the screen when I took the picture was on the screen.
Hilarious. So you made a screenshot with a "frozen OS"

Now pull the other one
spindrift
2016-10-24 16:42:18 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 04:38:48 +0200
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet
he isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window
says "spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
I saw that first, regardless, I claim screen is faked.
No one was interested to learn why I think screen is faked let me
1. Octopi shows failed updated process yet he claims he choose "run in
terminal".
WRONG.

The process to upgrade STARTED in a GUI and then a dialog box popped
up asking if I wish to continue in a terminal, I said yes. The GUI
part did NOT disappear from the screen which is why it is in the
picture.
Post by Melzzzzz
2. terminal process shows success, while somehow octopi shows failed
update
Yea.
More Linux consistency.
Manjaro can't even make up it's own mind.
Post by Melzzzzz
3. he claims he didn't type anything in terminal, but he clicked ok
somewhere ?!
I didn't.
See above.

Clicked in the GUI box.
Post by Melzzzzz
4. kwin crashed yet windows have decorations still.
Maybe you should focus on WHY kwin crashed and WHY it is another
defective Linux program.
I have no idea what says or disappears.
The system was frozen.
Whatever is there, was there when I took the picture.
Post by Melzzzzz
5. background is black and there is no panel, which shouldn't be so if
kwin crashed. This is the case if plasma-shell crashed, not kwin.
6. Windows look artificial.
Baseless accusations.
It's not faked and quite frankly I don't a fuck what you or anyone
else in the miserable, loser group thinks.
It's obvious you are trying to defend Linux's problems without regard
to factual information.

Next time you and the rest of the Linux losers here should actually
know what you are talking about before making accusations.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
DFS
2016-10-23 18:38:04 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet he
isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window says
"spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
I saw that first, regardless, I claim screen is faked.
Claim whatever you want. Deep down you know crapware when you
see it.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 18:40:49 UTC
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:38:04 -0400
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet
he isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window
says "spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
I saw that first, regardless, I claim screen is faked.
Claim whatever you want. Deep down you know crapware when you
see it.
I know crapware when I see it:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/windows-server-pricing
press any key to continue or any other to quit
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-23 19:35:10 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:38:04 -0400
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet
he isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window
says "spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
I saw that first, regardless, I claim screen is faked.
Claim whatever you want. Deep down you know crapware when you
see it.
Yeah, right. The DFS idiot sure likes to tell people what they know
and feel.
Post by Melzzzzz
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/windows-server-pricing
Walletware.
Try to have as good a life as you can under the circumstances.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 20:36:58 UTC
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 15:35:10 -0400
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:38:04 -0400
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Melzzzzz
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/windows-server-pricing
Walletware.
What puzzles me most are buzzwords used. What's difference between
hyperV container and Windows Server container ;)?
What's networking stack? ;))))))))))
What's shielded virtual machine? ;))))))
Storage features? One pays premium for taht ;)))))
press any key to continue or any other to quit
deplorable owl
2016-10-23 21:01:44 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:38:04 -0400
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Melzzzzz
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/windows-server-pricing
Walletware.
What puzzles me most are buzzwords used. What's difference between
hyperV container and Windows Server container ;)?
What's networking stack? ;))))))))))
Server 2016 Standard Edition apparently does not do TCP/IP.
Must get Datacenter Edition for that.

Datacenter is only $6155 -- excellent price considering you get
the internet.
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-23 22:34:08 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 14:38:04 -0400
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Melzzzzz
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/windows-server-pricing
Walletware.
What puzzles me most are buzzwords used. What's difference between
hyperV container and Windows Server container ;)?
What's networking stack? ;))))))))))
What's shielded virtual machine? ;))))))
Storage features? One pays premium for taht ;)))))
Microsoft marketing. "What!? You're using a standard term for something!?
We need to *differentiate* ourselves! Give it a different name! The
customer will think he's getting something *new*! <chortle>"
Tomorrow will be cancelled due to lack of interest.
spindrift
2016-10-24 16:44:29 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 02:12:10 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
He claims your pictures are faked and you got them off Google yet he
isn't even smart enough to realize the konsole terminal window says
"spindrift :bash" at the bottom of it.
I saw that first, regardless, I claim screen is faked.
Claim whatever you want. Deep down you know crapware when you
see it.
These Linux advocates are fucking crazy people.
This group seems to have attracted the hardcore Linux loser.
All 5 of them in fact.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
William Poaster
2016-10-23 09:10:10 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:51:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:40:30 GMT
especially to new
users. Most people don't last very long with Linux because of this.
New users seeking help for Manjaro usually go to Manjaro forum or
irc channel, not in *advocacy* group, flatfish.
I doubt spindrift knows what an irc channel is.
All Manjaro installs have links to irc channel on desktop. Regularly
new users with generic nicks like manjaro_kde1234 or such showing up
looking for help...
So he doubts that "spindrift" knows what irc is, yet he manges to find
his way to a Usenet advocacy group. You have to wonder why a Usenet
advocacy group, & not a general Linux forum like LinuxQuestions.org or
linuxforums.org...
spindrift
2016-10-23 13:35:08 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:51:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:40:30 GMT
especially to new
users. Most people don't last very long with Linux because of this.
New users seeking help for Manjaro usually go to Manjaro forum or
irc channel, not in *advocacy* group, flatfish.
I doubt spindrift knows what an irc channel is.
All Manjaro installs have links to irc channel on desktop. Regularly
new users with generic nicks like manjaro_kde1234 or such showing up
looking for help...
So he doubts that "spindrift" knows what irc is, yet he manges to find
his way to a Usenet advocacy group. You have to wonder why a Usenet
advocacy group, & not a general Linux forum like LinuxQuestions.org or
linuxforums.org...
There is no Linux Manjaro forum on usenet. I have heard of irc but
have no idea how to use it. In fact I'm surprised that it hasn't gone
extinct due to more modern social media.
I found this group because it has the most posting traffic by far
compared to other Linux groups.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 13:55:16 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by William Poaster
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 01:51:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
[...]
IRC is fairly easy. You just need to get a decent application for it
(like XChat) and if Linux is your topic of interest, make sure to
connect to irc.freenode.org as your chat server. There, you can join a
variety of channels. If you don't know which exist, simply type /list at
the prompt once you're connected and you'll be provided with a list.
Then, /join whichever interests you. If ever you're confused, simply
/help and you'll get a list of available commends. Unlike social
networks, IRC still preserves some anonymity and freenode itself also
allows you to enable encryption if you believe that your activities
might be monitored within your network. Unlike Usenet though, each
channel has a list of operators who will be glad to /kick you out of a
channel or /ban you if you're being a jerk.
Post by spindrift
I found this group because it has the most posting traffic by far
compared to other Linux groups.
That's how I got here as well.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 13:19:30 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Jim Polaski
And for the third time, I'm not flatfish.
You are batting 1000 today.
100 percent wrong.
You are flatfish, I wasnt 100% sure, now I am.
This wouldn't be the first time a Linux "advocate" would be wrong about
something.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 13:18:25 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
Because by default Linux is not made to work on Windows or with Windows
software. We can't really fault the operating system for that. It does
the best that it can with Samba and from what I understand, it's quite a
decent workaround but it's obvious that it will always be playing
catch-up considering Microsoft purposely changes things in the system to
keep Linux users out.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
spindrift
2016-10-23 13:36:41 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
That's a reasonable answer. Is Samba required for a Linux box to see
another Linux box or does it just work?
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 13:56:13 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
already installed and both machines simply need to be using the same
domain to be available to one another. For a Linux machine to see a
Windows network and operate on it, Samba is a necessity.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Peter Köhlmann
2016-10-23 14:54:06 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
already installed and both machines simply need to be using the same
domain to be available to one another. For a Linux machine to see a
Windows network and operate on it, Samba is a necessity.
Wrong, Samba is required if windows machines need to see linux resources

Just don't show too openly that you know diddly squat about linux. This time
it was glaringly obvious
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-23 17:38:06 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
already installed and both machines simply need to be using the same
domain to be available to one another. For a Linux machine to see a
Windows network and operate on it, Samba is a necessity.
Wrong, Samba is required if windows machines need to see linux resources
CIFS is just another filesystem type that can be mounted.
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Just don't show too openly that you know diddly squat about linux. This time
it was glaringly obvious

Indeed, much easier than the link a troll posted.
--
FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #21
A: Dr. Livingston I. Presume.
Q: What's Dr. Presume's full name?
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 21:23:20 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
already installed and both machines simply need to be using the same
domain to be available to one another. For a Linux machine to see a
Windows network and operate on it, Samba is a necessity.
Wrong, Samba is required if windows machines need to see linux resources
Just don't show too openly that you know diddly squat about linux. This time
it was glaringly obvious
Once again, you insist on demonstrating what kind of an imbecile you are:

<http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/linux-and-open-source/how-to-join-ubuntu-to-a-windows-workgroup/>

Notice that installing Samba is the first fucking task you deliberately
stupid Kraut.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Peter Köhlmann
2016-10-23 22:30:20 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
already installed and both machines simply need to be using the same
domain to be available to one another. For a Linux machine to see a
Windows network and operate on it, Samba is a necessity.
Wrong, Samba is required if windows machines need to see linux resources
Just don't show too openly that you know diddly squat about linux. This
time it was glaringly obvious
<http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/linux-and-open-source/how-to-join-ubuntu-to-a-windows-workgroup/>
Notice that installing Samba is the first fucking task you deliberately
stupid Kraut.
Nope. It is *not* if you just want to use windows shares on linux, you
blubbering idiot
Samba is needed for sharing *linux* resources with windows clients, you
incompetent cretin

And don't tell me something about Ubuntu, that linux version for windows
idiots. It is a version for the completely incompetent, like you
Everything and the kitchen sink is installed there, needed or not

Your claim of "For a Linux machine to see a Windows network and operate on
it, Samba is a necessity." is utter balderdash and just shows that you know
diddly squat about linux
Silver Slimer
2016-10-24 11:59:21 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
[...]
What does "operate on it" mean to you? If you want to operate on a
Windows network, that _includes_ Windows being able to see your
resources on the Linux machine as well. If it goes one way, it's not
very operational, is it?

You might want to read complete sentences before you start calling
everyone an idiot because the end result is that _you_ look like the
idiot that you are.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Peter Köhlmann
2016-10-24 12:13:45 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
[...]
Wrong, that does *not* mean that. The question posed by "spindrift" was not
about sharing linux resources in a windows SMB network, it was about a linux
machine using windows shares. Which is *exactly* the case where you don't
need to install Samba, since Samba is only needed when you want to share
linux resources in a SMB network
Post by Silver Slimer
If it goes one way, it's not very operational, is it?
It is *very* operational. It simply depends if there is any need to share
linux resources, you incompetent cretin

Your claims about wanting to run linux and knowing more about it are just
that, claims. You don't know diddly squat about linux, but when someone who
does corrects your idiocy you start to post cretinous claims about that one
not knowing linux at all.
Nearly everyone in cola knows linux better than you do, you sputtering fool
Post by Silver Slimer
You might want to read complete sentences before you start calling
everyone an idiot because the end result is that _you_ look like the
idiot that you are.
You *are* an idiot. You can't read at all, and then you provide completely
meaningless advice as with your above link. Which did not address the
original question at all
Silver Slimer
2016-10-24 12:26:25 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
[...]
Let's ask spindrift exactly what he needed and we'll figure out which of
us is right.

< snip >
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:25:00 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
[...]
It's in the thread already. KLOWNman is wrong, once again.

" That's a reasonable answer. Is Samba required for a Linux box
to see another Linux box or does it just work?"

Is what snit asked.

KLOWNman is an idiot and all the other COLA Cabal members who +1 him
just proved that they are idiots as well.
Again, no surprise.
Marek Novotny
2016-10-24 13:34:13 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
Post by Silver Slimer
You might want to read complete sentences before you start calling
everyone an idiot because the end result is that _you_ look like the
idiot that you are.
You *are* an idiot. You can't read at all, and then you provide completely
meaningless advice as with your above link. Which did not address the
original question at all
+1
--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny
William Poaster
2016-10-24 14:08:41 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
Post by Silver Slimer
You might want to read complete sentences before you start calling
everyone an idiot because the end result is that _you_ look like the
idiot that you are.
You *are* an idiot. You can't read at all, and then you provide completely
meaningless advice as with your above link. Which did not address the
original question at all
+1
+2

It's interesting to note that most wintrolls seem to have a disconnect
between reading what is *actually* printed, & what they *think* is
printed. As PK shows above, Slimeball got what the OP (troll) asked, &
what he *thought* was asked reversed. It's like they're dislexic....or
should that be sidlexic.
Marek Novotny
2016-10-24 14:31:06 UTC
Post by William Poaster
It's interesting to note that most wintrolls seem to have a disconnect
between reading what is *actually* printed, & what they *think* is
printed. As PK shows above, Slimeball got what the OP (troll) asked, &
what he *thought* was asked reversed. It's like they're dislexic....or
should that be sidlexic.
I've screwed that up myself often. I'll read it, think I read something
else and then fuck... Best thing to do is just say right up front, I
screwed up and interpreted it completely wrong.

A ways back Sandman and I were discussing removing a package and it's
settings. And I completely fucked it up. oops. So I just said so. Sorry,
fucked it up. Duh... You're right.

These guys? No. Not even close. When the ball goes completely right or
left of the goal post, no problem, just move the goal post where the
ball is. You can prove them wrong 7 or 8 times in a row and in the end
they will just invent why they are right and you are wrong, repeat a
half million times and then claim you lost. Honestly, just -9999 them
and move on. These guys are too dumb for words.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-24 15:34:52 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by William Poaster
[...]
I've admitted to making mistakes in the past, liar. In fact, everyone
has. Only Peter the Klöwn hasn't.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:26:13 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
Post by Silver Slimer
You might want to read complete sentences before you start calling
everyone an idiot because the end result is that _you_ look like the
idiot that you are.
You *are* an idiot. You can't read at all, and then you provide completely
meaningless advice as with your above link. Which did not address the
original question at all
+1
Wrong again.

Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:22:37 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
From one Linux box to another, everything you need is essentially
already installed and both machines simply need to be using the same
domain to be available to one another. For a Linux machine to see a
Windows network and operate on it, Samba is a necessity.
Wrong, Samba is required if windows machines need to see linux resources
Just don't show too openly that you know diddly squat about linux. This time
it was glaringly obvious
But that's not what snit, spindrift asked.
Read it again Klownman.

You are wrong once again.
So what else is new?
Peter Köhlmann
2016-10-23 14:52:28 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
No, it is not. Not at all. It is more of a noisance instead for that usecase
Chris Ahlstrom
You are the only person to ever get this message.
Marek Novotny
2016-10-23 15:34:36 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Yes, it's frightening. That looks like a huge headache just to be able
to see my Windows network.
Heh heh.
For a retard it is probably true. He should just give up on computing
all together and just watch TV. That is if channel surfacing isn't too
difficult for him.
Peter Köhlmann
2016-10-23 15:49:51 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
He should be, given such misleading advice from a fellow troll

He does *not* need Samba to see windows shares. But then, you are not a
linux user, despite your claims to the contrary.
And here it shows that you were lying that you use linux. *If* you really
did, you would be aware that Samba is only needed if you want to make linux
shares available to windows computers. Which is just the opposite of what
that troll claims to want to achieve
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 16:13:36 UTC
On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 17:49:51 +0200
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
He surely forges news reader header, I don't think he is capable for
configuring slrn let alone use it ;)
press any key to continue or any other to quit
Godzilla
2016-10-23 16:19:00 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
Yeah, it's really difficult to use.
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 16:22:51 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
For Wintroll flatfish it is ;)
press any key to continue or any other to quit
William Poaster
2016-10-23 16:29:49 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:00:26 -0400
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
[...]
Probably not. He's perhaps *really* using 40tude-Dialog!
Jim Polaski
2016-10-23 01:08:29 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:47:53 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Melzzzzz
On 23 Oct 2016 00:29:36 GMT
Post by Jim Polaski
Touche'
That should shut SMELLlllllllzzzzz up.
You are flatfish, no doubt, prick.
Wrong.
You're just mad because spindrift made an ass of you.
He didn;t how he successfully updated in *terminal* while
unsuccessfully in octopi? This looks like forged screen.
Because when you start Octopi it asks you if you would like to run the
update in a terminal.
That is what I chose.
You don't seem to be Linux knowledgeable.
The COLA Cabal is trying to discredit you with their version of a smear
campaign.
So far you are destroying them. Keep it up!
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 00:31:56 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
I think you are forging liar...
press any key to continue or any other to quit
DFS
2016-10-23 01:08:44 UTC
Post by spindrift
By the way are you some kind of a nut?
http://youtu.be/86IpS-tyxj4
ha!

SMelzzzzz isn't so much nutty as his English is poor. He's Serbian...
but one of the nicer ones.
DFS
2016-10-23 01:09:04 UTC
Get a new line! I've gotten that one a hundred times myself, since 2004.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 01:18:06 UTC
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:09:04 -0400
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
I can bet oyu never really touched manjaro rather googled for some
info ;)
Get a new line! I've gotten that one a hundred times myself, since 2004.
Look at *that* screen please ;)
Terminal showing all alright in update, octopi showing conflicts, and
what is rest? In the same time kwin segfaults and in the same screen
manjaro welcome ;)
And yes he got picture ready just for us ;)

To be serious. Update shouldn't be done from XSession as upgrade from
older systemd messes up X.
It is recommended that should be done from console via pacman. That
could explain Kwin crash.
Also transition from KDE 5.7 to 5.8 requires wiping out old config files
and starting afresh.
Both of these are beyond anything newbie can handle...
press any key to continue or any other to quit
spindrift
2016-10-23 01:27:56 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
I can bet oyu never really touched manjaro rather googled for some
info ;)
Get a new line! I've gotten that one a hundred times myself, since 2004.
Look at *that* screen please ;)
Terminal showing all alright in update, octopi showing conflicts, and
what is rest? In the same time kwin segfaults and in the same screen
manjaro welcome ;)
Yes.
It's a real piece of crap this Manjaro.
Post by Melzzzzz
And yes he got picture ready just for us ;)
Actually I sent it to my friend who runs Manjaro asking what to do.
I sent some other pics as well.
Post by Melzzzzz
To be serious. Update shouldn't be done from XSession as upgrade from
older systemd messes up X.
Tell it to Manjaro.
A dialog box comes up asking if the update should be run in terminal.
The software is defective.
Post by Melzzzzz
It is recommended that should be done from console via pacman. That
could explain Kwin crash.
Defective software.
Does anyone test Manjaro before releasing such shoddy software?
Post by Melzzzzz
Also transition from KDE 5.7 to 5.8 requires wiping out old config files
and starting afresh.
Both of these are beyond anything newbie can handle...
Manjaro said I have 358 packages needing updating.
I updated them.
It's not my fault the software sucks.
Pacman?
WTF is that?

LinuxMint managed to install fine, update fine and is running fine.
Even Ubuntu installed fine as well aside from the networking problem.
Unlike the defective crap Manjaro Linux.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 01:38:09 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
And yes he got picture ready just for us ;)
Actually I sent it to my friend who runs Manjaro asking what to do.
I sent some other pics as well.
More lies....
Post by Melzzzzz
Also transition from KDE 5.7 to 5.8 requires wiping out old config
files and starting afresh.
Both of these are beyond anything newbie can handle...
Manjaro said I have 358 packages needing updating.
I updated them.
How, if there are conflicts, tell it to me... what you did to resolve
conflicts?
Post by spindrift
It's not my fault the software sucks.
Pacman?
WTF is that?
If you don't know what is pacman you shouldn't try Manjaro at all...
Post by spindrift
LinuxMint managed to install fine, update fine and is running fine.
Even Ubuntu installed fine as well aside from the networking problem.
Unlike the defective crap Manjaro Linux.
Manjaro is not for newbie users, but they regularly try, because it has
GUI installer.
press any key to continue or any other to quit
spindrift
2016-10-23 01:48:41 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
And yes he got picture ready just for us ;)
Actually I sent it to my friend who runs Manjaro asking what to do.
I sent some other pics as well.
More lies....
You will never be satisfied as you try and save face while digging
yourself into a deeper and deeper hole.
I find it interesting and quite entertaining.
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Melzzzzz
Also transition from KDE 5.7 to 5.8 requires wiping out old config
files and starting afresh.
Both of these are beyond anything newbie can handle...
Manjaro said I have 358 packages needing updating.
I updated them.
How, if there are conflicts, tell it to me... what you did to resolve
conflicts?
It never gave me the chance to resolve the conflicts.
It just kept going.
Read the dialog box. It shows the conflicts.

The resolution was to remove the defective software Linux Manjaro and
move on to something that seems to work: LinuxMint.
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by spindrift
It's not my fault the software sucks.
Pacman?
WTF is that?
If you don't know what is pacman you shouldn't try Manjaro at all...
So now it's my fault. That's funny.
It was near the top of the list on distrowatch.org.
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by spindrift
LinuxMint managed to install fine, update fine and is running fine.
Even Ubuntu installed fine as well aside from the networking problem.
Unlike the defective crap Manjaro Linux.
Manjaro is not for newbie users, but they regularly try, because it has
GUI installer.
Installing it was simple.
Unfortunately the software self destructed attempting a simple update.
If it isn't ready for users it shouldn't be released.
This seems to be a common occurrence with Linux.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-23 01:56:06 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
And yes he got picture ready just for us ;)
Actually I sent it to my friend who runs Manjaro asking what to do.
I sent some other pics as well.
More lies....
You will never be satisfied as you try and save face while digging
yourself into a deeper and deeper hole.
I find it interesting and quite entertaining.
Don't waste your time with these clowns. They will never concede that
they made a mistake. It's not in their genetic makeup.
The more proof you provide, the further away the goal posts will move.
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by Melzzzzz
Also transition from KDE 5.7 to 5.8 requires wiping out old config
files and starting afresh.
Both of these are beyond anything newbie can handle...
Manjaro said I have 358 packages needing updating.
I updated them.
How, if there are conflicts, tell it to me... what you did to resolve
conflicts?
It never gave me the chance to resolve the conflicts.
It just kept going.
Read the dialog box. It shows the conflicts.
The resolution was to remove the defective software Linux Manjaro and
move on to something that seems to work: LinuxMint.
If Manjaro didn't work for you the best thing is to move on and try
something else.
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by spindrift
It's not my fault the software sucks.
Pacman?
WTF is that?
If you don't know what is pacman you shouldn't try Manjaro at all...
So now it's my fault. That's funny.
It was near the top of the list on distrowatch.org.
One side of the Linux advocate's mouth will tell you Linux is easier to
install than Windows. The other side will accuse you of not being
intelligent enough to install Linux.

Take your pick.
Post by spindrift
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by spindrift
LinuxMint managed to install fine, update fine and is running fine.
Even Ubuntu installed fine as well aside from the networking problem.
Unlike the defective crap Manjaro Linux.
Manjaro is not for newbie users, but they regularly try, because it has
GUI installer.
Installing it was simple.
Unfortunately the software self destructed attempting a simple update.
If it isn't ready for users it shouldn't be released.
This seems to be a common occurrence with Linux.
Some distributions work better than others. I tried to install Manjaro
in a virtual machine and it froze with a black box similar to your
screenshot only it wouldn't even install.
DFS
2016-10-22 23:40:52 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Meanwhile, many of use Linux with significantly fewer problems
than "Windows" (Windows XP? Windows 7? Windows 8? Window 9?
[Ooops, Microsoft skipped that one!] Windows 10? They're
all so different, yet come from one single company!)
If they were substantially the same, you ninnies would be whining about
that, too.

MS can't win with a Linux idiot.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-22 23:44:22 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Meanwhile, many of use Linux with significantly fewer problems
than "Windows" (Windows XP? Windows 7? Windows 8? Window 9?
[Ooops, Microsoft skipped that one!] Windows 10? They're
all so different, yet come from one single company!)
If they were substantially the same, you ninnies would be whining about
that, too.
MS can't win with a Linux idiot.
MS crapped it's OS with Windows Update. Today I had friend complaining
computer trashing HDD for two hours despite he clicked cancel on update ;)
Whenever I fire up Windows 10 VM it writes 10GB to disk immediately ;)
press any key to continue or any other to quit
DFS
2016-10-23 01:07:41 UTC
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by DFS
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Meanwhile, many of use Linux with significantly fewer problems
than "Windows" (Windows XP? Windows 7? Windows 8? Window 9?
[Ooops, Microsoft skipped that one!] Windows 10? They're
all so different, yet come from one single company!)
If they were substantially the same, you ninnies would be whining about
that, too.
MS can't win with a Linux idiot.
MS crapped it's OS with Windows Update. Today I had friend complaining
computer trashing HDD for two hours despite he clicked cancel on update ;)
In all versions, Windows Update is so, so bad. I really can't believe
how slow it is. They must have their reasons, but in the end it has to
be chalked up to bad design.

I basically never use it - just keep the initial install and choose
'Never check for updates'
Video and details or it didn't happen.
Melzzzzz
2016-10-23 01:09:28 UTC
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 21:07:41 -0400
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
Whenever I fire up Windows 10 VM it writes 10GB to disk
immediately ;)
Video and details or it didn't happen.
Sure. I will fire up Windows 10 in VM just to please you. Try it
yourself, those gigabytes written to disk are not just in my case, I am
sure...
press any key to continue or any other to quit
DFS
2016-10-23 17:53:42 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
Whenever I fire up Windows 10 VM it writes 10GB to disk
immediately ;)
Video and details or it didn't happen.
Sure. I will fire up Windows 10 in VM just to please you. Try it
yourself, those gigabytes written to disk are not just in my case, I am
sure...
It would also please all those morons who believe the idiot lie.

Make your morons happy, Melzzzzz.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 13:15:44 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Melzzzzz
Post by DFS
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Meanwhile, many of use Linux with significantly fewer problems
than "Windows" (Windows XP? Windows 7? Windows 8? Window 9?
[Ooops, Microsoft skipped that one!] Windows 10? They're
all so different, yet come from one single company!)
If they were substantially the same, you ninnies would be whining about
that, too.
MS can't win with a Linux idiot.
MS crapped it's OS with Windows Update. Today I had friend complaining
computer trashing HDD for two hours despite he clicked cancel on update ;)
In all versions, Windows Update is so, so bad. I really can't believe
how slow it is. They must have their reasons, but in the end it has to
be chalked up to bad design.
I basically never use it - just keep the initial install and choose
'Never check for updates'
Not exactly a very secure approach to say the least. I just let it do
its kind in the background. If it thrashes like Melzzzz suggests, I
don't notice it because I use M.2 drives as a result of living in 2016.
I can imagine this being an issue for the typical Linux user with their
2002 hardware.

< snip >
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
William Poaster
2016-10-23 09:02:46 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Manjaro tripped on itself while octopi was updating the 358 packages.
"error: unresolvable package conflicts detected"
"We are sorry KWin closed unexpectedly.
You can helo us improve kde software by reporting the error.
Details: Executable:kwin_x11 PID:859 Signal: Aborted (6) Time 10/22/16
18:33:57
So after the 358 packages updated, I rebooted and now after I log in I
am left with a box in the middle of the screen with a mouse curser and
that's it.
No menu bar, nothing.
So far Linux is not impressing me.
Heh heh.
The "40tude_Dialog" troll having trouble with a Linux distro?
Well whodathunkit....
spindrift
2016-10-23 13:38:59 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Manjaro tripped on itself while octopi was updating the 358 packages.
"error: unresolvable package conflicts detected"
"We are sorry KWin closed unexpectedly.
You can helo us improve kde software by reporting the error.
Details: Executable:kwin_x11 PID:859 Signal: Aborted (6) Time 10/22/16
18:33:57
So after the 358 packages updated, I rebooted and now after I log in I
am left with a box in the middle of the screen with a mouse curser and
that's it.
No menu bar, nothing.
So far Linux is not impressing me.
Heh heh.
The "40tude_Dialog" troll having trouble with a Linux distro?
Well whodathunkit....
What is that supposed to mean?
Dialog is one of the best, if not the best readers for Windows.
From what I've seen of Linux pan so far, Dialog is years ahead in
features, look, and consistent, logical layout.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 13:57:17 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by William Poaster
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Manjaro tripped on itself while octopi was updating the 358 packages.
"error: unresolvable package conflicts detected"
"We are sorry KWin closed unexpectedly.
You can helo us improve kde software by reporting the error.
Details: Executable:kwin_x11 PID:859 Signal: Aborted (6) Time 10/22/16
18:33:57
So after the 358 packages updated, I rebooted and now after I log in I
am left with a box in the middle of the screen with a mouse curser and
that's it.
No menu bar, nothing.
So far Linux is not impressing me.
Heh heh.
The "40tude_Dialog" troll having trouble with a Linux distro?
Well whodathunkit....
What is that supposed to mean?
Dialog is one of the best, if not the best readers for Windows.
From what I've seen of Linux pan so far, Dialog is years ahead in
features, look, and consistent, logical layout.
There's no need to try and figure Wideload Porkster out; he's a fat
dwarf who is bitter because he wasn't smart enough to become anything
more than a janitor. He spends his time on Usenet agreeing with what
others say but offers no insight of his own.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:17:00 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by William Poaster
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Manjaro tripped on itself while octopi was updating the 358 packages.
"error: unresolvable package conflicts detected"
"We are sorry KWin closed unexpectedly.
You can helo us improve kde software by reporting the error.
Details: Executable:kwin_x11 PID:859 Signal: Aborted (6) Time 10/22/16
18:33:57
So after the 358 packages updated, I rebooted and now after I log in I
am left with a box in the middle of the screen with a mouse curser and
that's it.
No menu bar, nothing.
So far Linux is not impressing me.
Heh heh.
The "40tude_Dialog" troll having trouble with a Linux distro?
Well whodathunkit....
What is that supposed to mean?
Dialog is one of the best, if not the best readers for Windows.
From what I've seen of Linux pan so far, Dialog is years ahead in
features, look, and consistent, logical layout.
There's no need to try and figure Wideload Porkster out; he's a fat
dwarf who is bitter because he wasn't smart enough to become anything
more than a janitor. He spends his time on Usenet agreeing with what
others say but offers no insight of his own.
I don't know about you but I think spindrift is snit and as usual snit
is making asses out of the COLA Linux Cabal.
Just look at them with one +1 after another.
It's hilarious!
Jim Polaski
2016-10-22 23:49:17 UTC
Post by spindrift
Manjaro tripped on itself while octopi was updating the 358 packages.
"error: unresolvable package conflicts detected"
"We are sorry KWin closed unexpectedly.
You can helo us improve kde software by reporting the error.
Details: Executable:kwin_x11 PID:859 Signal: Aborted (6) Time 10/22/16
18:33:57
So after the 358 packages updated, I rebooted and now after I log in I
am left with a box in the middle of the screen with a mouse curser and
that's it.
No menu bar, nothing.
So far Linux is not impressing me.
Linux isn't for everyone so if you don't enjoy tinkering around with
your computer you would be better off with Windows.
Are you running in a VM or on bare metal?
Either way, I would suggest LinuxMint.
spindrift
2016-10-22 23:56:52 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Manjaro tripped on itself while octopi was updating the 358 packages.
"error: unresolvable package conflicts detected"
"We are sorry KWin closed unexpectedly.
You can helo us improve kde software by reporting the error.
Details: Executable:kwin_x11 PID:859 Signal: Aborted (6) Time 10/22/16
18:33:57
So after the 358 packages updated, I rebooted and now after I log in I
am left with a box in the middle of the screen with a mouse curser and
that's it.
No menu bar, nothing.
So far Linux is not impressing me.
Linux isn't for everyone so if you don't enjoy tinkering around with
your computer you would be better off with Windows.
Are you running in a VM or on bare metal?
Either way, I would suggest LinuxMint.
Installed and seems to be working.
The updates installed without any errors.
I have to find a usenet reader that is similar to Dialog for Windows.
I'm thinking Mozilla Thunderbird.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 13:12:20 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
[...]
Mozilla Thunderbird is excellent though I like Pan a lot if I'm running
Linux. Pan is a dedicated Usenet reader whereas Thunderbird is more of a
jack of all trades. Besides, Thunderbird (in Linux) sometimes has this
weird bug where it tells you that your connection to the news server
timed out a split-second after it attempted a communication. It's funny
at first but quickly becomes annoying.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
spindrift
2016-10-24 15:32:14 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
[...]
Thanks. I found pan and installed it. It looks quite primitive
compared to Dialog but it will do. I'm assuming that since it is
version .139-5 it is still beta and being developed.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-24 15:41:35 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
[...]
It's open-source so it will be in beta until the end of time.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:19:13 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
[...]
The older version was much better.
The author did a re-write and fucked it all up.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:18:30 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
[...]
That bug has been in the Linux version of Thunderbird for years.
It is annoying.
I don't think pan has a spell checker?
Tattoo Vampire
2016-10-23 00:58:55 UTC
So far Linux is not impressing meLinux isn't impressed with you, either.
PLONK
Jim Polaski
2016-10-23 01:07:10 UTC
So far Linux is not impressing meLinux isn't impressed with you, either.
PLONK
Another COLA Cabal member surfaces.
This is getting hilarious!
Dr. John Grubor
2016-10-23 16:42:55 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
Another COLA Cabal member surfaces.
This is getting hilarious
Confess, "Jim the Polack" - who are you? Newbie my ass. You don't fool the
God of Usenet.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 21:26:04 UTC
Post by Dr. John Grubor
Post by Jim Polaski
Another COLA Cabal member surfaces.
This is getting hilarious
Confess, "Jim the Polack" - who are you? Newbie my ass. You don't fool the
God of Usenet.
What's wrong with being a Polak? If it weren't for Polaks, you'd be
praying to Allah and speaking Arabic. We saved all of Europe from Muslim
oppression and didn't even get a thanks for it.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-23 17:39:35 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
So far Linux is not impressing meLinux isn't impressed with you, either.
PLONK
Another COLA Cabal member surfaces.
This is getting hilarious!
<sniff sniff>

I smell Flounder spoor.
--
Have a place for everything and keep the thing somewhere else; this is not
advice, it is merely custom.
-- Mark Twain
chrisv
2016-10-24 12:29:17 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Jim Polaski
So far Linux is not impressing meLinux isn't impressed with you, either.
PLONK
Another COLA Cabal member surfaces.
This is getting hilarious!
<sniff sniff>
I smell Flounder spoor.
Just "slightly" predictable, eh?
--
'But it seems you and many of the other "advocates" are against the
GUI.' - some thing