Kindle Fire HD
Snit
2014-04-18 02:39:22 UTC
Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it
for a child with poor vision. We were hoping that it would work well for
her. Nope. Some of it is not the fault of the device - she wants to be able
to loan materials from the library and the local library has a poor
selection. Well, that right there is bad - no content reader will be great
if you do not have much content.

But the Fire itself is pretty piss poor. It is made by Amazon and they push
you to it. Want to read ePub. Good luck. Maybe there is an app for that?
Looking on line I found ways to convert to the format it likes. And there is
no content management software for the desktop - at least that comes with
it. Maybe there is something online? The screen is so-so... my iPod Touch is
clearly much better. Oh, and ads. Good grief - you get ads on the start
screen... so much so they obscure the slide-to-unlock feature. Why would
they do that (oh, to make you *have* to look at the ads). Everywhere you go
there are ads.

There was also the oddity that sometimes when it is plugged in it will not
turn on. You have to unplug it (still will not turn on) then plug it back in
again (then it will). And there is no physical home button... and sometimes
no quick way to get to a virtual home button on the screen! That is just
poor design. It has "wizard" things that pop up which are annoying -
supposed to help you figure out how to use the device but the people I was
with just wanted to hit the button they could see but it was "behind" the
not-so-helpful wizard thing.

The child using it was completely unimpressed. So was I. Not sure an iPad
Mini would be better - but that is the next thing to try.

--
* Mint MATE: Trash, Panel, Menu: <http://youtu.be/C0y74FIf7uE>
* Mint KDE bugs or Easter eggs? <http://youtu.be/CU-whJQvtfA>
* Mavericks / Pages 5.1: <http://youtu.be/D3BPWANQoIk>
James
2014-04-18 11:23:06 UTC
On Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:39:22 PM UTC-4, Snit wrote:

> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today.

The clown is desperately trying to start up another clown circus.
Don't be fooled by the clown.
Ignore the clown and he will have no choice but to find another group to invade.
Silver Slimer
2014-04-18 14:21:36 UTC
On 2014-04-18 7:23 AM, James wrote:
> On Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:39:22 PM UTC-4, Snit wrote:
>
>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today.
>
> The clown is desperately trying to start up another clown circus.
> Don't be fooled by the clown.
> Ignore the clown and he will have no choice but to find another group to invade.

We're safe as long as we don't refer to the clown by *name* because he's
not *that* interesting.

--
Silver Slimer
Wikipedia & OpenMedia Supporter
flatfish+++
2014-04-18 14:22:59 UTC
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:21:36 -0400, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 2014-04-18 7:23 AM, James wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 17, 2014 10:39:22 PM UTC-4, Snit wrote:
>>
>>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today.
>>
>> The clown is desperately trying to start up another clown circus.
>> Don't be fooled by the clown.
>> Ignore the clown and he will have no choice but to find another group to invade.
>
> We're safe as long as we don't refer to the clown by *name* because he's
> not *that* interesting.

Funny how when he gets desperate for attention another friend
magically appears.
It's so predictable.
Peter Köhlmann
2014-04-18 11:27:13 UTC
Snit Michael Glassersnotted:

> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it

Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found yet
another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to troll
with his inane shite.

You lunatic dimbulb don't know shit what you are talking about
flatfish+++
2014-04-18 11:31:52 UTC
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:27:13 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Snit Michael Glassersnotted:
>
>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it
>
> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found yet
> another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to troll
> with his inane shite.
>
> You lunatic dimbulb don't know shit what you are talking about

+1
Friends just seem to appear and disappear when convenient for "him".
Tattoo Vampire
2014-04-18 11:48:11 UTC
flatfish+++ wrote:

> +1 Friends just seem to appear and disappear when convenient for "him".

Maybe Joel Crump loaned it to him. Or Wal-mart Jeremy.

Press any key to continue or any other key to quit
flatfish+++
2014-04-18 11:50:45 UTC
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:48:11 +0000 (UTC), Tattoo Vampire wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> +1 Friends just seem to appear and disappear when convenient for "him".
>
> Maybe Joel Crump loaned it to him. Or Wal-mart Jeremy.

My money is on his next door neighbor Larry Washington. Larry is
letting him use in return for Larry sharing "his" wireless
connection.

lol!
Tattoo Vampire
2014-04-18 12:19:05 UTC
flatfish+++ wrote:

> My money is on his next door neighbor Larry Washington. Larry is letting
> him use in return for Larry sharing "his" wireless connection.

I think this go-round Snit is introducing an entirely new "friend" to his
cast of characters. The last new "friend", the programming expert, didn't
go over well with the crowd.

Press any key to continue or any other key to quit
Peter Köhlmann
2014-04-18 12:57:37 UTC
Tattoo Vampire wrote:

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> My money is on his next door neighbor Larry Washington. Larry is letting
>> him use in return for Larry sharing "his" wireless connection.
>
> I think this go-round Snit is introducing an entirely new "friend" to his
> cast of characters. The last new "friend", the programming expert, didn't
> go over well with the crowd.

I wonder what Snit Michael Glasser "shares" with this one.
Could it be that he "shares" his electricity (not the bill, naturally)
Tattoo Vampire
2014-04-18 23:55:17 UTC
Peter =?UTF-8?B?S8O2aGxtYW5u?= wrote:

> I wonder what Snit Michael Glasser "shares" with this one.
> Could it be that he "shares" his electricity (not the bill, naturally)

The water line, too.

Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Snit
2014-04-18 15:05:45 UTC
On 4/18/14, 4:31 AM, in article ***@40tude.net,
"flatfish+++" <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:27:13 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> Snit Michael Glassersnotted:
>>
>>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it
>>
>> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found yet
>> another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to troll
>> with his inane shite.
>>
>> You lunatic dimbulb don't know shit what you are talking about
>
> +1
> Friends just seem to appear and disappear when convenient for "him".

Yeah, like Silver Slimer, right?

Come on, you need a new schtick. You had a hunch that turned out to be
wrong. Move the hell on.

chrisv
2014-04-18 11:39:11 UTC
Peter Köhlmann wrote:

>Snit Michael Glassersnotted:
>
>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it
>
>Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found yet
>another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to troll
>with his inane shite.
>
>You lunatic dimbulb don't know shit what you are talking about

Jeezez. Let me guess. The thing found all sorts of things to
complain about.

"They didn't do this right. They didn't do that right. Why didn't
they do it this way? I know all the best ways of doing things. I
would love to see you prove that my way isn't the best."
flatfish+++
2014-04-18 11:45:02 UTC
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 06:39:11 -0500, chrisv wrote:

> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>>Snit Michael Glassersnotted:
>>
>>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it
>>
>>Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found yet
>>another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to troll
>>with his inane shite.
>>
>>You lunatic dimbulb don't know shit what you are talking about
>
> Jeezez. Let me guess. The thing found all sorts of things to
> complain about.

Ya think?

Pretty much.
Tattoo Vampire
2014-04-18 12:19:50 UTC
flatfish+++ wrote:

> lol!
> Pretty much.

chrisv does Snit so well one wonders if chrisv is really another Snit
sock. :-P

Press any key to continue or any other key to quit
flatfish+++
2014-04-18 12:26:21 UTC

I almost asked him if he was another snit sock :)
chrisv
2014-04-18 13:39:19 UTC
Tattoo Vampire wrote:

>flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> lol!
>> Pretty much.
>
>chrisv does Snit so well one wonders if chrisv is really another Snit
>sock. :-P

A couple hits off the glue bag, and anyone can do it.

--
'each and every "advocate" happens to support the one and only
party-line that Schestowitz defined for them.' - trolling fsckwit
"Ezekiel", lying shamelessly
Chris Ahlstrom
2014-04-18 14:32:31 UTC
chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> --
> 'each and every "advocate" happens to support the one and only
> party-line that Schestowitz defined for them.' - trolling fsckwit
> "Ezekiel", lying shamelessly

No wonder we think Zeke is a malign dumbass.

Beware of a tall blond man with one black shoe.
flatfish+++
2014-04-18 14:40:54 UTC
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:32:31 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> --
>> 'each and every "advocate" happens to support the one and only
>> party-line that Schestowitz defined for them.' - trolling fsckwit
>> "Ezekiel", lying shamelessly
>
> No wonder we think Zeke is a malign dumbass.

Still pining for your first master Roy Schestowitz?
You really should get over it Chris Ahlstrom.

Roy has really gone off the rails recently so in retrospect him
dumping you as his lap dog really worked out for the best.
At least IMHO.
Hadron
2014-04-18 14:43:55 UTC
flatfish+++ <***@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:32:31 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> --
>>> 'each and every "advocate" happens to support the one and only
>>> party-line that Schestowitz defined for them.' - trolling fsckwit
>>> "Ezekiel", lying shamelessly
>>
>> No wonder we think Zeke is a malign dumbass.
>
> Still pining for your first master Roy Schestowitz?
> You really should get over it Chris Ahlstrom.
>
> Roy has really gone off the rails recently so in retrospect him

He has? Wazzup?

--
"I have a BSEE.... Negative feedback has many benefits, but "maintaining stability" is not one of them. Just the opposite, in fact."
The turdv/chrisv idiot and his pretend BSEE degree.
http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/
flatfish+++
2014-04-18 14:46:29 UTC
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:43:55 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> flatfish+++ <***@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> No wonder we think Zeke is a malign dumbass.
>>
>> Still pining for your first master Roy Schestowitz?
>> You really should get over it Chris Ahlstrom.
>>
>> Roy has really gone off the rails recently so in retrospect him
>
> He has? Wazzup?

Check out his site.
He's gone into the conspiracy / privacy theory angle of FOSS
advocacy.

Big time!

Roy is like Madonna, he can't sing very well but he knows how to
reinvent and market himself as required.
Hadron
2014-04-18 14:51:20 UTC
flatfish+++ <***@yahoo.com> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:43:55 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
>> flatfish+++ <***@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> Still pining for your first master Roy Schestowitz?
>>> You really should get over it Chris Ahlstrom.
>>>
>>> Roy has really gone off the rails recently so in retrospect him
>>
>> He has? Wazzup?
>
> Check out his site.
> He's gone into the conspiracy / privacy theory angle of FOSS
> advocacy.
>
> Big time!
>
> Roy is like Madonna, he can't sing very well but he knows how to
> reinvent and market himself as required.

Is his site still full of malware?

flatfish+++
2014-04-18 14:54:44 UTC
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:51:20 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> flatfish+++ <***@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> He has? Wazzup?
>>
>> Check out his site.
>> He's gone into the conspiracy / privacy theory angle of FOSS
>> advocacy.
>>
>> Big time!
>>
>> Roy is like Madonna, he can't sing very well but he knows how to
>> reinvent and market himself as required.
>>

> Is his site still full of malware?

I browse it through a proxy but haven't seen anything odd other than
a very poorly designed site.
DFS
2014-04-18 19:31:48 UTC
On 4/18/2014 10:46 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:43:55 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>
>> flatfish+++ <***@yahoo.com> writes:

>>> Still pining for your first master Roy Schestowitz?
>>> You really should get over it Chris Ahlstrom.
>>>
>>> Roy has really gone off the rails recently so in retrospect him
>>
>> He has? Wazzup?
>
> Check out his site.
> He's gone into the conspiracy / privacy theory angle of FOSS
> advocacy.
>
> Big time!

He's nuts.

I looked at the site for a minute, and noticed Spamowitz now calls
himself an 'advocate for fair competition'. So I paid the irc channel a
social visit looking for him, and asked why Spamowitz didn't call for
Linux distros and apps to have a reasonable price tag attached. You
know, just in case he actually cares about fair competition.

Don't know if Spam was there, but two goods named msb and MinceR
couldn't answer either, and dodged the question and started babbling
about 'software isn't all about money like it is for M$... How much does
M$ pay you? ... blah blah'

More of the same idiotic 'advocate' drool found here.

I asked them to pass my friendly message on to Roy...

1000 to 1 he develops proprietary Windows code for a living.
Silver Slimer
2014-04-18 16:38:29 UTC
On 2014-04-18 10:40 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:32:31 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> chrisv wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>>
>>> --
>>> 'each and every "advocate" happens to support the one and only
>>> party-line that Schestowitz defined for them.' - trolling fsckwit
>>> "Ezekiel", lying shamelessly
>>
>> No wonder we think Zeke is a malign dumbass.
>
> Still pining for your first master Roy Schestowitz?
> You really should get over it Chris Ahlstrom.
>
> Roy has really gone off the rails recently so in retrospect him
> dumping you as his lap dog really worked out for the best.
> At least IMHO.

Out of curiosity, why would anyone want this guy Schestowitz's love?
From his photo, he looks like a major loser. Almost in the same
category as William Porkster.

flatfish+++
2014-04-18 16:44:20 UTC
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:38:29 -0400, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 2014-04-18 10:40 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> No wonder we think Zeke is a malign dumbass.
>>
>> Still pining for your first master Roy Schestowitz?
>> You really should get over it Chris Ahlstrom.
>>
>> Roy has really gone off the rails recently so in retrospect him
>> dumping you as his lap dog really worked out for the best.
>> At least IMHO.
>
> Out of curiosity, why would anyone want this guy Schestowitz's love?
> From his photo, he looks like a major loser. Almost in the same
> category as William Porkster.

Got me.
They both give me the creeps, to be honest.
chrisv
2014-04-18 15:12:02 UTC
Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

>> --
>> 'each and every "advocate" happens to support the one and only
>> party-line that Schestowitz defined for them.' - trolling fsckwit
>> "Ezekiel", lying shamelessly
>
>No wonder we think Zeke is a malign dumbass.

He later claimed that the above was not a lie. According to him, it
was a valid opinion.

In fact, because I claimed that it was a lie, he attacked me as being
"too stupid to know the difference" between an opinion and a lie.

Yeah, the Kreep is a real "reasonable" and "honest" person, all right.

Silver Slimer
2014-04-18 14:24:46 UTC
On 2014-04-18 7:27 AM, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> Snit Michael Glassersnotted:
>
>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it
>
> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found yet
> another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to troll
> with his inane shite.
>
> You lunatic dimbulb don't know shit what you are talking about

Shit, you referred to the clown by *name* even though he's not *that*
interesting. Now you've done it! He'll have to stick around longer and
remind us that you've referred to him by *name* even though he's not
*that* interesting.

Snit
2014-04-18 15:07:06 UTC
On 4/18/14, 4:27 AM, in article lir26h$af9$***@dont-email.me, "Peter Köhlmann"
<peter-***@t-online.de> wrote:

> Snit Michael Glassersnotted:
>
>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it
>
> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found yet
> another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to troll
> with his inane shite.
>
> You lunatic dimbulb don't know shit what you are talking about

In other words you know I am right about the Kindle. Got it.

Oh, and the person who bought it is going to return it. Did not work as an
eReader well at all.

Tattoo Vampire
2014-04-18 11:47:33 UTC
Peter Köhlmann wrote:

>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought
>> it
>
> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found
> yet another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to
> troll with his inane shite.

Yeah, when I buy a tablet the first thing I do is loan it to a friend for
a few hours. LOL!

Press any key to continue or any other key to quit
Snit
2014-04-18 15:06:13 UTC
On 4/18/14, 4:47 AM, in article
***@sitting.at.this.computer, "Tattoo Vampire"
<***@this.computer> wrote:

> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought
>>> it
>>
>> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found
>> yet another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to
>> troll with his inane shite.
>

> Yeah, when I buy a tablet the first thing I do is loan it to a friend for
> a few hours. LOL!

Huh? Why? Really... why the hell would you do that?

Sinister Midget
2014-04-18 23:00:07 UTC
On 2014-04-18, Tattoo Vampire <***@this.computer> claimed:
> Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought
>>> it
>>
>> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found
>> yet another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to
>> troll with his inane shite.
>

> Yeah, when I buy a tablet the first thing I do is loan it to a friend for
> a few hours. LOL!

What good is having a tablet if you can't loan it to your imaginary
friends?

What good are imaginary friends if they won't let you abuse their
imaginary brand new stuff before the imaginary wrapping is barely off
of it?

Guns don't kill people... death does.
Snit
2014-04-18 23:02:39 UTC
On 4/18/14, 4:00 PM, in article 5351ae76$0$23100$***@ngroups.net,
"Sinister Midget" <***@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found
>>> yet another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to
>>> troll with his inane shite.
>>

>> Yeah, when I buy a tablet the first thing I do is loan it to a friend for
>> a few hours. LOL!
>
> What good is having a tablet if you can't loan it to your imaginary
> friends?
>
> What good are imaginary friends if they won't let you abuse their
> imaginary brand new stuff before the imaginary wrapping is barely off
> of it?

I am still trying to figure out why Tattoo would buy a tablet just to loan
it to someone. Maybe he thinks I did this... or someone I know? What the
hell? He is simply insane... and you are feeding his insanity.

flatfish+++
2014-04-18 23:09:04 UTC
On 18 Apr 2014 23:00:07 GMT, Sinister Midget wrote:

>>> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found
>>> yet another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to
>>> troll with his inane shite.
>>

>> Yeah, when I buy a tablet the first thing I do is loan it to a friend for
>> a few hours. LOL!
>
> What good is having a tablet if you can't loan it to your imaginary
> friends?
>
> What good are imaginary friends if they won't let you abuse their
> imaginary brand new stuff before the imaginary wrapping is barely off
> of it?

That's so funny!
The poor ass clown has no idea what a laugh people are getting at his
expense. Someone has to be one hell of a sick narcissist to think
they can get away with the same lame lie multiple times.
Snit
2014-04-18 23:12:22 UTC
On 4/18/14, 4:09 PM, in article ewal5ierlufp$.1oex3jws52lc9$***@40tude.net,
"flatfish+++" <***@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 18 Apr 2014 23:00:07 GMT, Sinister Midget wrote:

>>> Yeah, when I buy a tablet the first thing I do is loan it to a friend for
>>> a few hours. LOL!
>>
>> What good is having a tablet if you can't loan it to your imaginary
>> friends?
>>
>> What good are imaginary friends if they won't let you abuse their
>> imaginary brand new stuff before the imaginary wrapping is barely off
>> of it?
>
> That's so funny!
> The poor ass clown has no idea what a laugh people are getting at his
> expense. Someone has to be one hell of a sick narcissist to think
> they can get away with the same lame lie multiple times.

But what lie? That is your problem - you accuse me of lying but cannot find
a single one.

Damn... that just sucks for you. But, sure, I know losers such as yourself
pretend to laugh to hide your tears. You, specifically, are mad your hunch
about Onion Knight being me was *proved* to be wrong.

Just eating you up inside. I suggest you let it go, for your own sake. For
me... well, I find it sad, but a bit funny. I feel bad for you.

GreyCloud
2014-04-19 00:14:15 UTC

LOL! Most narcissistic communists will try it.
Snit
2014-04-19 00:20:27 UTC
On 4/18/14, 5:14 PM, in article
m86dna9N2u5DIszOnZ2dnUVZ_s-***@bresnan.com, "GreyCloud" <***@cumulus.com>
wrote:

>>> What good are imaginary friends if they won't let you abuse their
>>> imaginary brand new stuff before the imaginary wrapping is barely off
>>> of it?
>>
>> That's so funny!
>> The poor ass clown has no idea what a laugh people are getting at his
>> expense. Someone has to be one hell of a sick narcissist to think
>> they can get away with the same lame lie multiple times.
>>
> LOL! Most narcissistic communists will try it.

Hey, did you ever figure out NASA is not denying man-made global climate
change? <http://youtu.be/20MBl_4eofo>

LOL!

Really, you guys hate being wrong. Why not just let it go... or even bet
yet, just admit it.

Silver Slimer
2014-04-18 23:22:54 UTC
On 2014-04-18 7:00 PM, Sinister Midget wrote:

>>> Lying imbecile Snit Michael Glasser, the "Prescott Cmputer Guy" found
>>> yet another one who miraculously provided him with yet another thingy to
>>> troll with his inane shite.
>>

>> Yeah, when I buy a tablet the first thing I do is loan it to a friend for
>> a few hours. LOL!
>
> What good is having a tablet if you can't loan it to your imaginary
> friends?

Ok that one had me laughing out loud.

> What good are imaginary friends if they won't let you abuse their
> imaginary brand new stuff before the imaginary wrapping is barely off
> of it?

ROFL.

Snit
2014-04-18 23:27:43 UTC
On 4/18/14, 4:22 PM, in article lisc3v$m47$***@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<***@lv.c> wrote:

> On 2014-04-18 7:00 PM, Sinister Midget wrote:

>>> Yeah, when I buy a tablet the first thing I do is loan it to a friend for
>>> a few hours. LOL!
>>
>> What good is having a tablet if you can't loan it to your imaginary
>> friends?
>
> Ok that one had me laughing out loud.

Yeah, Tattoo jumped the shark on that one.

>> What good are imaginary friends if they won't let you abuse their
>> imaginary brand new stuff before the imaginary wrapping is barely off
>> of it?
>
> ROFL.

<http://youtu.be/lq04DsQYrAM>:
-----
Five Stupid Things About the NRA
1) Its opposition to sensible gun laws
2) Its championing of anti-government conspiracy theories
3) Its refusal to seriously address mass shootings
4) Its response to the Sandy Hook shooting
5) Allowing the gun nuts to speak for the reasonable gun owners
-----

When that stops pissing you off it will show. :)

Oh, and 4/5.

All I need is one more out of the next 5. Wow. I really am the main topic of
COLA. Just sick.

Tattoo Vampire
2014-04-18 23:54:38 UTC
Sinister Midget wrote:

> What good is having a tablet if you can't loan it to your imaginary
> friends?
>
> What good are imaginary friends if they won't let you abuse their
> imaginary brand new stuff before the imaginary wrapping is barely off
> of it?

So you can find imaginary bugs, to boot?

Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.
Snit
2014-04-18 23:57:10 UTC
On 4/18/14, 4:54 PM, in article ***@178.63.61.145,
"Tattoo Vampire" <***@this.computer> wrote:

> Sinister Midget wrote:
>
>> What good is having a tablet if you can't loan it to your imaginary
>> friends?
>>
>> What good are imaginary friends if they won't let you abuse their
>> imaginary brand new stuff before the imaginary wrapping is barely off
>> of it?
>
> So you can find imaginary bugs, to boot?

And this makes 8/10. Wow. I did not expect more than 7/10... but all I said
was 5 or more. And I was, of course, right.

Again.

Snit
2014-04-18 15:21:04 UTC
On 4/17/14, 7:39 PM, in article CF75DE6A.34659%***@gallopinginsanity.com,
"Snit" <***@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it
> for a child with poor vision. We were hoping that it would work well for
> her. Nope. Some of it is not the fault of the device - she wants to be able
> to loan materials from the library and the local library has a poor
> selection. Well, that right there is bad - no content reader will be great
> if you do not have much content.
>
> But the Fire itself is pretty piss poor. It is made by Amazon and they push
> you to it. Want to read ePub. Good luck. Maybe there is an app for that?
> Looking on line I found ways to convert to the format it likes. And there is
> no content management software for the desktop - at least that comes with
> it. Maybe there is something online? The screen is so-so... my iPod Touch is
> clearly much better. Oh, and ads. Good grief - you get ads on the start
> screen... so much so they obscure the slide-to-unlock feature. Why would
> they do that (oh, to make you *have* to look at the ads). Everywhere you go
> there are ads.
>
> There was also the oddity that sometimes when it is plugged in it will not
> turn on. You have to unplug it (still will not turn on) then plug it back in
> again (then it will). And there is no physical home button... and sometimes
> no quick way to get to a virtual home button on the screen! That is just
> poor design. It has "wizard" things that pop up which are annoying -
> supposed to help you figure out how to use the device but the people I was
> with just wanted to hit the button they could see but it was "behind" the
> not-so-helpful wizard thing.
>
> The child using it was completely unimpressed. So was I. Not sure an iPad
> Mini would be better - but that is the next thing to try.

And in response, those who troll decided to snip all content, make up silly
stories, and run away in fear. They obsess over me but fear talking about
anything to do with Linux.

Weird.

I really am not that interesting. Really.

Marvin
2014-04-18 15:25:41 UTC
On Friday, April 18, 2014 11:21:04 AM UTC-4, Snit wrote:
> On 4/17/14, 7:39 PM, in article CF75DE6A.34659%***@gallopinginsanity.com,
>
> "Snit" <***@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>

> > Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today.

Snip More Clown Shit.

> And in response, those who troll decided to snip all content,

The clown is getting so desperate he is now responding to his own posts.
Get ready for the army of sock puppets to invade COLA.
Silver Slimer
2014-04-18 17:08:14 UTC
On 2014-04-18 11:25 AM, Marvin wrote:

>> And in response, those who troll decided to snip all content,
>
> The clown is getting so desperate he is now responding to his own posts.
> Get ready for the army of sock puppets to invade COLA.

I was sure that the clown would leave, get people to "miss him" for a
bit and return at an opportune time with his friends the ringmaster, the
jugglers and the acrobats. Instead he stuck around and decided that if
no one will talk to him, he might as well talk to himself. That, truly,
is very sad because he's not *that* interesting, really.

Snit
2014-04-18 17:46:39 UTC
On 4/18/14, 10:08 AM, in article lirm5h$r8k$***@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<***@lv.c> wrote:

> On 2014-04-18 11:25 AM, Marvin wrote:
>
>>> And in response, those who troll decided to snip all content,
>>
>> The clown is getting so desperate he is now responding to his own posts.
>> Get ready for the army of sock puppets to invade COLA.
>
> I was sure that the clown would leave, get people to "miss him" for a
> bit and return at an opportune time with his friends the ringmaster, the
> jugglers and the acrobats. Instead he stuck around and decided that if
> no one will talk to him, he might as well talk to himself. That, truly,
> is very sad because he's not *that* interesting, really.

I am not that interesting... but COLA is obsessed over me. It is weird and
disconcerting. In most cases it is because I have noted where someone failed
to use reason and logic and evidence. In your case:

<http://youtu.be/lq04DsQYrAM>:
-----
Five Stupid Things About the NRA
1) Its opposition to sensible gun laws
2) Its championing of anti-government conspiracy theories
3) Its refusal to seriously address mass shootings
4) Its response to the Sandy Hook shooting
5) Allowing the gun nuts to speak for the reasonable gun owners
-----

Your inability to refute that set you off. I did nothing except note your
lack of doing so. I hope you some day can let it go and move on - but
clearly you are still angry over it.

Steve Carroll
2014-04-18 19:23:22 UTC

You ignored his proof your stupid video was wrong, Mr. Prescott Computer Guy, Michael Glasser of http://prescottcomputerguy.com/screenflow
RonB
2014-04-18 19:26:48 UTC
On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 08:25:41 -0700, Marvin wrote:

> The clown is getting so desperate he is now responding to his own posts.
> Get ready for the army of sock puppets to invade COLA.

He's constantly that desperate. That's how it is with obsessive
compulsives.

--
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.
Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Snit
2014-04-18 20:47:25 UTC
On 4/18/14, 12:26 PM, in article liru9o$m9a$***@dont-email.me, "RonB"
<***@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 08:25:41 -0700, Marvin wrote:
>
>> The clown is getting so desperate he is now responding to his own posts.
>> Get ready for the army of sock puppets to invade COLA.
>
> He's constantly that desperate. That's how it is with obsessive
> compulsives.

I am the one asking you guys to stop obsessing over me. Now the obsession
has gotten so bad people are making up silly names to try to hide the fact
they are talking about me.

A true sign of an addiction - working to hide it like that.

Snit
2014-04-18 16:07:45 UTC
On 4/18/14, 8:21 AM, in article CF7690F0.34689%***@gallopinginsanity.com,
"Snit" <***@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> On 4/17/14, 7:39 PM, in article CF75DE6A.34659%***@gallopinginsanity.com,
> "Snit" <***@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>
>> Spend a couple hours with a Kindle Fire HD today. Someone I know bought it
>> for a child with poor vision. We were hoping that it would work well for
>> her. Nope. Some of it is not the fault of the device - she wants to be able
>> to loan materials from the library and the local library has a poor
>> selection. Well, that right there is bad - no content reader will be great
>> if you do not have much content.
>>
>> But the Fire itself is pretty piss poor. It is made by Amazon and they push
>> you to it. Want to read ePub. Good luck. Maybe there is an app for that?
>> Looking on line I found ways to convert to the format it likes. And there is
>> no content management software for the desktop - at least that comes with
>> it. Maybe there is something online? The screen is so-so... my iPod Touch is
>> clearly much better. Oh, and ads. Good grief - you get ads on the start
>> screen... so much so they obscure the slide-to-unlock feature. Why would
>> they do that (oh, to make you *have* to look at the ads). Everywhere you go
>> there are ads.
>>
>> There was also the oddity that sometimes when it is plugged in it will not
>> turn on. You have to unplug it (still will not turn on) then plug it back in
>> again (then it will). And there is no physical home button... and sometimes
>> no quick way to get to a virtual home button on the screen! That is just
>> poor design. It has "wizard" things that pop up which are annoying -
>> supposed to help you figure out how to use the device but the people I was
>> with just wanted to hit the button they could see but it was "behind" the
>> not-so-helpful wizard thing.
>>
>> The child using it was completely unimpressed. So was I. Not sure an iPad
>> Mini would be better - but that is the next thing to try.
>
> And in response, those who troll decided to snip all content, make up silly
> stories, and run away in fear. They obsess over me but fear talking about
> anything to do with Linux.
>
> Weird.
>
> I really am not that interesting. Really.

Of all the trolling done in COLA in response to this, my favorite is Tattoo
Vampire's who went off the rails and off the topic:
-----
Yeah, when I buy a tablet the first thing I do is loan it to a friend
for a few hours. LOL!
-----

1) Why would he do that?
2) Why would be bring that up, completely off topic?

Is he truly insane?