Best Linux for a new user?
spindrift
2016-10-22 14:51:59 UTC
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
--
spindrift
Jeff Spicoli: All I need are some tasty waves,
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Marek Novotny
2016-10-22 15:06:30 UTC
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
Ubuntu or Mint.
--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny
Silver Slimer
2016-10-22 18:35:30 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
Ubuntu or Mint.
He already said that Ubuntu didn't work for him and since Mint is based
on Ubuntu, it's not going to help.

He seems to have an issue with the Windows LAN which means that he needs
work setting up SAMBA and getting it to properly connect to his existing
network. Perhaps THAT is what you should be giving him pointers on.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
John Gohde
Snit is worst than a disease. Snit is a blight upon all of humanity.
spindrift
2016-10-22 22:24:37 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
Ubuntu or Mint.
He already said that Ubuntu didn't work for him and since Mint is based
on Ubuntu, it's not going to help.
He seems to have an issue with the Windows LAN which means that he needs
work setting up SAMBA and getting it to properly connect to his existing
network. Perhaps THAT is what you should be giving him pointers on.
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far. For example, if I already give
permission to update why is the octopi asking me to answer y/n for a
multitude of packages?
It seems redundant to me.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-22 22:23:12 UTC
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.
Heh heh.
--
Talkers are no good doers.
-- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"
spindrift
2016-10-22 22:29:23 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.
Heh heh.
Why did you snip the part where I explain why I'm finding it not user
friendly so far?
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Steve Carroll
Because you are Snit.
DFS
2016-10-22 23:22:48 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.
Heh heh.
Why did you snip the part where I explain why I'm finding it not user
friendly so far?
You're getting beat up on a little bit because for years anti-Linux
people nymshift and come in here pretending to be Linux newbs and asking
simpleton questions, then gradually reveal intimate knowledge of the
group and the regs, and soon start insulting the regs and Linux just
like they did under their old nyms.

We've seen it dozens of times - and the effect is true newbs no longer
get the benefit of the doubt.

Me? I insulted the cola regs (drooling liars) and Linux (it's mostly
bogus) from the start - no fake questions needed.

There are plenty of knowledgeable people here, but if you're really new
to Linux you'll probably get better help on alt.os.linux.

Overall, I'd say Mint is the best 'beginner' Linux distro.
spindrift
2016-10-22 23:27:12 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
Thank you. Manjaro crapped all over itself so I'm downloading
LinuxMint now.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-22 23:29:24 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by DFS
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.
Heh heh.
Why did you snip the part where I explain why I'm finding it not user
friendly so far?
You're getting beat up on a little bit because for years anti-Linux
people nymshift and come in here pretending to be Linux newbs and asking
simpleton questions, then gradually reveal intimate knowledge of the
group and the regs, and soon start insulting the regs and Linux just
like they did under their old nyms.
We've seen it dozens of times - and the effect is true newbs no longer
get the benefit of the doubt.
Me? I insulted the cola regs (drooling liars) and Linux (it's mostly
bogus) from the start - no fake questions needed.
Heh heh.

DFS thinks that an OS that it leading in servers and that millions of people
use as their desktop is "mostly bogus".

Pull my finger, dude.
Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon.
William Poaster
2016-10-23 08:36:22 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Post by DFS
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.
Heh heh.
Why did you snip the part where I explain why I'm finding it not user
friendly so far?
You're getting beat up on a little bit because for years anti-Linux
people nymshift and come in here pretending to be Linux newbs and asking
simpleton questions, then gradually reveal intimate knowledge of the
group and the regs, and soon start insulting the regs and Linux just
like they did under their old nyms.
We've seen it dozens of times - and the effect is true newbs no longer
get the benefit of the doubt.
Me? I insulted the cola regs (drooling liars) and Linux (it's mostly
bogus) from the start - no fake questions needed.
Heh heh.
DFS thinks that an OS that is leading in servers and that millions of people
use as their desktop is "mostly bogus".
Whereas in actualite, 'tis DooFu$ who is bogus. :-)
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Pull my finger, dude.
Post by spindrift
Post by DFS
There are plenty of knowledgeable people here, but if you're really new
to Linux you'll probably get better help on alt.os.linux.
Overall, I'd say Mint is the best 'beginner' Linux distro.
Thank you. Manjaro crapped all over itself so I'm downloading
LinuxMint now.
Now where have we heard *that* before....
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Heh heh.
The witless wintrolls need a new script writer.
--
At JPL, Redhat and Ubuntu seem to be the most common for people's work
computers. The actual spacecraft use VxWorks or Green Hills Integrity

Windows and Mac machines are mostly used for emails, writing procedures,
creating document and drawings and storing/accessing them in various databases.
Some of those databases are used directly for operations - timelines, flight notes, chits, etc.
Critical facilities - Mission Control, training facilities, etc. - tend to use Redhat so that they
can get some customer support if needed.
-- James Nevik, 20+ years working at Johnson Space Center --
John Gohde
2016-10-23 20:07:07 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by DFS
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
You are just like Obama, Pal. You knew darn well that Manjaro would crap out, all along.

It was a setup from the start. the entire system is rigged
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-22 23:27:37 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.
Heh heh.
Why did you snip the part where I explain why I'm finding it not user
friendly so far?
Heh heh.
--
Debian Hint #26: If a package doesn't seem to have much documentation,
check for a package named '<package>-doc' or similar and make sure to
install them.
William Poaster
2016-10-22 22:33:59 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.
Heh heh.
That "De ja vu" feeling...
--
What IS remarkable, is that a well developed ape has come
to realise that he lives on a planet, circling a sun, in a
- Professor Michio Kaku - Theoretical Physicist -
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-22 23:30:02 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.ain
Heh heh.
That "De ja vu" feeling...
And, of course, along comes "DFS" licking the "new" troll's taint.
--
Q: What do agnostic, insomniac dyslexics do at night?
A: Stay awake and wonder if there's a dog.
DFS
2016-10-22 23:41:58 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by William Poaster
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.ain
Heh heh.
That "De ja vu" feeling...
And, of course, along comes "DFS" licking the "new" troll's taint.
Of course NOT, fool. You talk to these newbie nyms a lot more than I
ever have.
spindrift
2016-10-23 00:06:41 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by William Poaster
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.ain
Heh heh.
That "De ja vu" feeling...
And, of course, along comes "DFS" licking the "new" troll's taint.
Of course NOT, fool. You talk to these newbie nyms a lot more than I
ever have.
You helped me and he did not. This sure is a strange group because
people using Windows, at least from their headers, offer me advice
where people using Linux are nasty and cruel.
I would think they would focus on encouraging rather than discouraging
new users. Makes no difference to me though because I have a very
thick skin.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-23 14:17:52 UTC
Post by spindrift
You helped me and he did not. This sure is a strange group because
people using Windows, at least from their headers, offer me advice
where people using Linux are nasty and cruel.
I would think they would focus on encouraging rather than discouraging
new users. Makes no difference to me though because I have a very
thick skin.
Heh heh.
--
FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #19
A: To be or not to be.
Q: What is the square root of 4b^2?
Marek Novotny
Marek Novotny
2016-10-22 22:56:52 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
I just installed Manjaro with kde and I am running the octopus
updates. All 358 of them.
It's not very user friendly so far.
Heh heh.
It never gets old with these losers...
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-22 15:13:48 UTC
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
What is a "Windows LAN"? You mean it couldn't find Windows "shares"?
Post by spindrift
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
If you have friends running Linux and using it regularly, I'd go
by their advice, rather than any advice you'll get here.
--
Stop! There was first a game of blindman's buff. Of course there was.
And I no more believe Topper was really blind than I believe he had eyes
on the credulity of human nature.
William Poaster
2016-10-22 15:47:51 UTC
Post by spindrift
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
If you have friends running Linux and using it regularly, I'd go
by their advice, rather than any advice you'll get here.
Another troll nym, I would suggest.
-- Mike Thielman, JPL --
Godzilla
2016-10-22 15:55:22 UTC
On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 16:47:51 +0100, William Poaster, published this proof
Post by William Poaster
Post by spindrift
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
If you have friends running Linux and using it regularly, I'd go by
their advice, rather than any advice you'll get here.
Another troll nym, I would suggest.
Didn't see that coming.
♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
GreyCloud
Yeah, ol Willies' tin foil hat with the antennas picked up another bogey.
DFS
2016-10-22 16:21:49 UTC
Post by William Poaster
At JPL, Redhat and Ubuntu seem to be the most common for peoples work computers.
The actual spacecraft use VxWorks or Green Hills Integrity typically.
-- Mike Thielman, JPL --
<quote>
What operating system do aerospace engineers use for research and
development (not control sys) in NASA, Boeing, SpaceX, Airbus, Lockheed
Martin etc.?

I am an aspiring aerospace engineer. I know that it would be beneficial
to be familiar with all three operating systems, but I am just curious
to know which operating system is the most suitable for scientific
research and design innovation. What OS is the best in terms of
functionality, power etc.?

Mike Thielman, Works at JPL
Written Oct 7
At JPL people use a mix of Windows, Macs, and Linux. Software developers
almost exclusively use Linux (not sure which is most popular) but some
use a Mac. Mechanical engineers and electrical engineers typically use
Windows but some use a Mac and rarely will someone use Linux. Management
and systems engineers typically use Windows or Macs. Server environment
is a mix of Windows and Linux depending on what it is used for. Recently
people are using the cloud a lot - specifically Amazon Govcloud - in
particular the data scientists who have a lot of data to process. Not
sure what OS they prefer but must be some flavor of Linux.

JPL is nice, they let you install just about whatever OS you prefer.
</quote>

https://www.quora.com/What-operating-system-do-aerospace-engineers-use-for-research-and-development-not-control-sys-in-NASA-Boeing-SpaceX-Airbus-Lockheed-Martin-etc/answer/Mike-Thielman
John Gohde
Snit sucks! This questions is fundamentally stupid on so many different levels.
spindrift
2016-10-22 15:56:30 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
What is a "Windows LAN"? You mean it couldn't find Windows "shares"?
I couldn't see my other two Windows boxes from Ubuntu Linux. They can
both see each other and share a printer and drive.
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
If you have friends running Linux and using it regularly, I'd go
by their advice, rather than any advice you'll get here.
Just one friend and he is new to Linux like I am. He is taking a
course in basic Linux administration. I just want to fool around with
Linux that's all.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-22 19:30:50 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
If you have friends running Linux and using it regularly, I'd go
by their advice, rather than any advice you'll get here.
Just one friend and he is new to Linux like I am. He is taking a
course in basic Linux administration. I just want to fool around with
Linux that's all.
To see a Windows share (etc.) you'll need to make sure "samba" is installed.
I suspect once that's done, Ubuntu will handle the rest.
--
"... an experienced, industrious, ambitious, and often quite often
picturesque liar."
-- Mark Twain
spindrift
2016-10-22 22:19:21 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
If you have friends running Linux and using it regularly, I'd go
by their advice, rather than any advice you'll get here.
Just one friend and he is new to Linux like I am. He is taking a
course in basic Linux administration. I just want to fool around with
Linux that's all.
To see a Windows share (etc.) you'll need to make sure "samba" is installed.
I suspect once that's done, Ubuntu will handle the rest.
Thank you I will try that.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
ronb
2016-10-22 17:53:09 UTC
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago I
did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my Windows
LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I gave up on
Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would like suggestions
as to which Linux would be an easy one for a completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
Linux Mint, "Snit" -- as always.

Adios "spindrift."
Zero tolerance for iCultists and WinDrones
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-22 19:49:35 UTC
Post by ronb
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago I
did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my Windows
LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I gave up on
Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would like suggestions
as to which Linux would be an easy one for a completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
Linux Mint, "Snit" -- as always.
Adios "spindrift."
Reminds me of James Blish's sf novel, "Cities In Flight", where the cities
were powered by "spindizzies", as I recall.

It's pretty sad that we get so many dissimulating trolls in here that we now
tend to distrust a "newcomer" right away.

By the way, the Samba project is a great project for those (like me) who
sometimes need to deal with those dumbass Windows "shares" and
<laughing> Active Directory (Can you say "Rube Goldberg"? Can you say
"flaky" and "prone to breakage"? I knew you could.)

And another nice thing about Samba was that its main mover, Andrew Tridgell,
was moved to figure out the Bitkeeper protocol, causing the owner of that
product to get pissed off and pull that proprietary product from "free" (as
in beer) usage by the kernel developers, resulting in Linus creating Git,
and throwing of the proprietary shackles that so many (including Richard
Stallman) had warned Linus about.
You love peace.
spindrift
2016-10-22 22:25:06 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by ronb
[...]
Why did you change the subject of my thread?
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-22 23:46:38 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by ronb
[...]
Congratulations! You have just met the COLA Cabal.
They are attacking you because they are crazy people.
I would suggest doing a Google search on Chris Ahlstrom to get the gist
of how fucked up these Linux advocates are. So here is a list of the
Linux advocates to avoid:

1. Chris Ahlstrom.
2. William Poaster.
3. Marke Novotny
4. ronb
5. John Gohde. Not a Linux advocate. Just plain nuts.
6. 7 Yes that is his nym. A raving lunatic.
7. Fabian. A moron who keeps changing his nym.
8. chrisv. A foul individual if ever there was one.

I too would suggest LinuxMint as it works reasonably well even though
it's based on Ubuntu.
You should stick around here and join us in the COLA mosh pit where we
beatdown the loser Linux advocates. You need to understand that Linux
advocates and users as a whole are mostly good people. It's just the
false advocates in COLA who are the losers. Some of them don't even use
Linux. So if the COLA Cabal hasn't scared you off, come join us and have
some laughs because watching these losers in action is hilarious.
spindrift
2016-10-23 00:02:11 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by ronb
[...]
Thank you Jim. LinuxMint is installed and seems to be working. I took
your advice and binged Chris Ahlstrom. All I can say is my first
impressions of him being a massive asshole seem correct. I do hope
that Chris Ahlstrom is just a nym because if it's his real name he
should be ashamed of himself.
Which distribution of Linux are you using?
Thanks for the help. At least someone in this group still has all
their marbles.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
GreyCloud
2016-10-23 01:21:59 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by ronb
[...]
Another linux distro is OpenSuse. It is closer to windows than the other
distros and is a lot easier or more familiar to use.
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-23 14:15:24 UTC
Post by spindrift
Thank you Jim. LinuxMint is installed and seems to be working. I took
your advice and binged Chris Ahlstrom. All I can say is my first
impressions of him being a massive asshole seem correct. I do hope
that Chris Ahlstrom is just a nym because if it's his real name he
should be ashamed of himself.
LOL

You're fooling no one, dude. You've pulled the same trick far too many
times.
--
Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted;
persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting
-- Mark Twain, "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"
William Poaster
2016-10-23 14:54:49 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Thank you Jim. LinuxMint is installed and seems to be working. I took
your advice and binged Chris Ahlstrom. All I can say is my first
impressions of him being a massive asshole seem correct. I do hope
that Chris Ahlstrom is just a nym because if it's his real name he
should be ashamed of himself.
LOL
You're fooling no one, dude. You've pulled the same trick far too many
times.
You've been "binged"! LOL
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-23 17:29:26 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Thank you Jim. LinuxMint is installed and seems to be working. I took
your advice and binged Chris Ahlstrom. All I can say is my first
impressions of him being a massive asshole seem correct. I do hope
that Chris Ahlstrom is just a nym because if it's his real name he
should be ashamed of himself.
LOL
You're fooling no one, dude. You've pulled the same trick far too many
times.
You've been "binged"! LOL
Yeah, "spindrift" is a real dyed-in-the-wool <laughing> "softie".
A real "Charmin".

I know only one person among my friends and family that uses and likes
"Bing". Bing: Bing Is Not Google.

:-D
--
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.
-- John Milton
William Poaster
2016-10-23 15:01:02 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Thank you Jim. LinuxMint is installed and seems to be working. I took
your advice and binged Chris Ahlstrom. All I can say is my first
impressions of him being a massive asshole seem correct. I do hope
that Chris Ahlstrom is just a nym because if it's his real name he
should be ashamed of himself.
LOL
You're fooling no one, dude. You've pulled the same trick far too many
times.
Gets old fast, doesn't it.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:09:03 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Thank you Jim. LinuxMint is installed and seems to be working. I took
your advice and binged Chris Ahlstrom. All I can say is my first
impressions of him being a massive asshole seem correct. I do hope
that Chris Ahlstrom is just a nym because if it's his real name he
should be ashamed of himself.
LOL
You're fooling no one, dude. You've pulled the same trick far too many
times.
Whether he is trying to fool anyone or not is not the point. The point
is, you by your own words have managed to make a fool of yourself.
You have nobody but yourself to blame for that Chris Ahlstrom.
Personally I think it's snit but whomever it is he has managed to make
you Linux advocates look like paranoid fools.
Snit is very good at that which is why I think it's snit.
tmelmosfire
2016-10-24 17:16:51 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
Thank you Jim. LinuxMint is installed and seems to be working. I took
your advice and binged Chris Ahlstrom. All I can say is my first
impressions of him being a massive asshole seem correct. I do hope
that Chris Ahlstrom is just a nym because if it's his real name he
should be ashamed of himself.
LOL
You're fooling no one, dude. You've pulled the same trick far too many
times.
Whether he is trying to fool anyone or not is not the point. The point
is, you by your own words have managed to make a fool of yourself.
You have nobody but yourself to blame for that Chris Ahlstrom.
Personally I think it's snit but whomever it is he has managed to make
you Linux advocates look like paranoid fools.
Snit is very good at that which is why I think it's snit.
Maybe it is Snit. Maybe not. No way to say for sure. Comes down to people are not able to find big bad things Snit has done so they hold him accountable for these other names to attack him.

Anyone who mentions usability, the GUI, or screen recording is deemed Snit and the cult and you are very easily played.
deplorable owl
2016-10-24 17:22:28 UTC
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
Snit starts a lot of sentences with "Comes down to...." I would look for
occurrences of that.
Steve Carroll
LOL!
Silver Slimer
2016-10-24 17:57:59 UTC
Post by deplorable owl
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
Have you not learned a thing from future POTUS Trump? Don't reveal your
strategies to the enemy!
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
tmelmosfire
2016-10-24 18:05:29 UTC
Post by deplorable owl
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
Comes down to Snit does not seem to try to make it hard for people to pretend to be him and the COLA cult hold Snit accountable for the actions of others because they can not find him actually doing much wrong.

Snit lies less in a year than most in COLA do in a day.
Marek Novotny
2016-10-24 18:54:18 UTC
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by deplorable owl
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
If only Snit had brains.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-24 18:55:51 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by deplorable owl
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
He'd be smarter than the average Linux "advocate."
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
tmelmosfire
2016-10-24 19:13:25 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by deplorable owl
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
I still want to see places where Snit can be shown to be wrong and did not admit it.
Post by Silver Slimer
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Your bigotry is wrong. Remember when you claimed all Muslim women cover their head and that is not even true for most Muslim countries. In many it is even outlawed. You are ignorant and bigoted. Snit is not so you got mad at him.
Jim Polaski
The average 12 year old is smarter than the average Linux advocate.
tmelmosfire
2016-10-24 19:11:04 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by deplorable owl
Post by tmelmosfire
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by spindrift
[...]
Why not post some of his biggest mistakes and lies. I would love to see them!

What I think we will find it your mistakes and lies would make a list 10 times as long. You put him down not because he is wrong but because you are insecure. You attacked Snit because he is not better at everyone else in COLA in everything even though I do not believe he has ever claimed to be.

Did you ever get any of his tasks done? Were you able to? I bet not. Hasn't Snit done some of your tasks?
ronb
2016-10-24 23:44:20 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
If only Snit had brains.
If "Snit" had brains he would cease to be "Snit."
Zero tolerance for iCultists and WinDrones
tmelmosfire
2016-10-24 23:58:32 UTC
Post by ronb
Post by Marek Novotny
If only Snit had brains.
If "Snit" had brains he would cease to be "Snit."
Your cult accuses others of being Snit. You think Snit is everyone.
Post by ronb
--
Zero tolerance for iCultists and WinDrones
You are a cult member.
Marek Novotny
2016-10-25 00:07:06 UTC
Post by ronb
Post by Marek Novotny
If only Snit had brains.
If "Snit" had brains he would cease to be "Snit."
Oh that got the sissy's attention. LOL.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-25 00:10:12 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by ronb
Post by Marek Novotny
If only Snit had brains.
If "Snit" had brains he would cease to be "Snit."
Oh that got the sissy's attention. LOL.
Sissy?
Chris Ahlstrom?
Silver Slimer
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
GreyCloud
2016-10-23 01:20:13 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by ronb
[...]
Remember that old TV cartoon series, Beavis and Butthead?

You were talking to Beavis, later you'll see ButtHead aka Chrisv.
deplorable owl
uh huh huh you said "member"
chrisv
2016-10-24 12:16:03 UTC
Post by spindrift
Why did you
Troll-o-meter: (..../)

*plonk*
--
"Holy crap that is the greatest analogy I've ever read to accurately
describe GNU/Linux. Duct-taped together." - "Slimer"
Peter Köhlmann
2016-10-24 12:20:58 UTC
Post by spindrift
Why did you change the subject of my thread?
The main reason might be that it is fitting soo much better now.
Besides, it is *not* your thread.
Cola Zealot
2016-10-24 20:22:15 UTC
You foolish boy.....
ronb
2016-10-23 05:02:18 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
It's pretty sad that we get so many dissimulating trolls in here that we
now tend to distrust a "newcomer" right away.
What's sad is that "newcomers" come to this newsgroup to ask specific
question about various distributions instead of going to the forums
specifically designed for each distribution. I guess I'm just cynical,
but how do these "newcomers" even find this newsgroup? Most "newcomers"
to Linux wouldn't even know newsgroups (in general) existed, even less of
a chance that they would know a Linux advocacy newsgroup existed.
Zero tolerance for iCultists and WinDrones
William Poaster
2016-10-23 08:40:43 UTC
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
It's pretty sad that we get so many dissimulating trolls in here that we
now tend to distrust a "newcomer" right away.
What's sad is that "newcomers" come to this newsgroup to ask specific
question about various distributions instead of going to the forums
specifically designed for each distribution. I guess I'm just cynical,
but how do these "newcomers" even find this newsgroup? Most "newcomers"
to Linux wouldn't even know newsgroups (in general) existed, even less of
a chance that they would know a Linux advocacy newsgroup existed.
Exactly so.
Had a look in google & found: User-Agent: 40tude_Dialog/2.0.15.84
Well guess what, it's the old nymshifting "40tude" troll back again.
--
GNU/Linux. The Malicious Software Removal
tool which wipes Windows from your PC in
seconds!
spindrift
2016-10-23 13:40:49 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
It's pretty sad that we get so many dissimulating trolls in here that we
now tend to distrust a "newcomer" right away.
What's sad is that "newcomers" come to this newsgroup to ask specific
question about various distributions instead of going to the forums
specifically designed for each distribution. I guess I'm just cynical,
but how do these "newcomers" even find this newsgroup? Most "newcomers"
to Linux wouldn't even know newsgroups (in general) existed, even less of
a chance that they would know a Linux advocacy newsgroup existed.
Exactly so.
Had a look in google & found: User-Agent: 40tude_Dialog/2.0.15.84
Well guess what, it's the old nymshifting "40tude" troll back again.
You might try dialog sometime. It's certainly superior than what you
are using.

Post by spindrift
Post by William Poaster
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
It's pretty sad that we get so many dissimulating trolls in here that
we now tend to distrust a "newcomer" right away.
What's sad is that "newcomers" come to this newsgroup to ask specific
question about various distributions instead of going to the forums
specifically designed for each distribution. I guess I'm just cynical,
but how do these "newcomers" even find this newsgroup? Most "newcomers"
to Linux wouldn't even know newsgroups (in general) existed, even less
of a chance that they would know a Linux advocacy newsgroup existed.
Exactly so.
Had a look in google & found: User-Agent: 40tude_Dialog/2.0.15.84
Well guess what, it's the old nymshifting "40tude" troll back again.
You might try dialog sometime. It's certainly superior than what you
are using.
It absolutely certain is *not* superior to almost anything.

Th last version of 40tude Dialog was a *Beta* from 2005, 11 years old.
It was built with several OpenSource libs like zlib, OpenSSL, libpng,
libtiff, FastMM4, Toolbar2000

Since then *many* secrity holes have been found in those libs, which are
*not* updated in that old 40tude Dialog, but otherwise certainly. Since it
is closed software, you can't link it against updated libs

The Author has taken 40Tude Dialogs website off the net because he does not
fell like being held responsible for the continued use of that outdated
softare.

So tell us again, imbecile, that your crap software is "superior" to
anything. Maybe (just maybe) to "Hello World". Otherwise, certainly not
William Poaster
2016-10-23 16:28:08 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by spindrift
Post by William Poaster
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
[...]
As the dumbass troll can't get a Linux distro to work
"Subject: Re: Manjaro Fails. Is there a Linux that works?" how would the
fuckwit know if 40tude_Dialog is superior to XPN/1.2.6.
As you said, he's an imbecile.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:11:09 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by spindrift
Post by William Poaster
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
[...]
Hey idiot, William Poaster, I'm talking to you. FWIW XPN is available
for Windows as well.
He also stated that Ubuntu installed and worked except he couldn't see
his Windows shares. Or something like that so maybe he did try XPN.

Great self nuke there William.
Peter Köhlmann
2016-10-23 09:49:22 UTC
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
It's pretty sad that we get so many dissimulating trolls in here that we
now tend to distrust a "newcomer" right away.
What's sad is that "newcomers" come to this newsgroup to ask specific
question about various distributions instead of going to the forums
specifically designed for each distribution. I guess I'm just cynical,
but how do these "newcomers" even find this newsgroup? Most "newcomers"
to Linux wouldn't even know newsgroups (in general) existed, even less of
a chance that they would know a Linux advocacy newsgroup existed.
That's simple. "Spindrift" is Snit Michael Glasser

He is trying to invade COLA another time
Marek Novotny
2016-10-23 13:40:24 UTC
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
It's pretty sad that we get so many dissimulating trolls in here that we
now tend to distrust a "newcomer" right away.
What's sad is that "newcomers" come to this newsgroup to ask specific
question about various distributions instead of going to the forums
specifically designed for each distribution. I guess I'm just cynical,
but how do these "newcomers" even find this newsgroup? Most "newcomers"
to Linux wouldn't even know newsgroups (in general) existed, even less of
a chance that they would know a Linux advocacy newsgroup existed.
And they all magically have the very same agenda. They *test* Linux and
in one day have photos ready for a debate, and already have drawn the
conclusion that Linux isn't cutting it for them. But before they draw
that conclusion they just so happened to have found the COLA to share
those views with. It doesn't get any dumber.

If these guys had a shared I.Q. above 45 I'd be surprised. They're so
easy to spot it boggles the mind that these clueless retards even try.
These trolls are hopelessly retarded.
Chris Ahlstrom
2016-10-23 14:16:57 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
It's pretty sad that we get so many dissimulating trolls in here that we
now tend to distrust a "newcomer" right away.
What's sad is that "newcomers" come to this newsgroup to ask specific
question about various distributions instead of going to the forums
specifically designed for each distribution. I guess I'm just cynical,
but how do these "newcomers" even find this newsgroup? Most "newcomers"
to Linux wouldn't even know newsgroups (in general) existed, even less of
a chance that they would know a Linux advocacy newsgroup existed.
And they all magically have the very same agenda. They *test* Linux and
in one day have photos ready for a debate, and already have drawn the
conclusion that Linux isn't cutting it for them. But before they draw
that conclusion they just so happened to have found the COLA to share
those views with. It doesn't get any dumber.
And they also happen to find that the "COLA Cabal" is a set of
"massive assholes".

:-D
Everything that you know is wrong, but you can be straightened out.
William Poaster
2016-10-23 14:58:20 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
[...]
And probably not a *word* about the *real* wintroll assholes which are
in here. I wonder why that would be... ;-)
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Marek Novotny
If these guys had a shared I.Q. above 45 I'd be surprised. They're so
easy to spot it boggles the mind that these clueless retards even try.
These trolls are hopelessly retarded.
Surely that is an insult to the *real* retards?
Marek Novotny
2016-10-23 15:32:12 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Marek Novotny
If these guys had a shared I.Q. above 45 I'd be surprised. They're so
easy to spot it boggles the mind that these clueless retards even try.
These trolls are hopelessly retarded.
Surely that is an insult to the *real* retards?
You know at this point is indeed. They are that clueless. I don't know
how DFS can draw any other conclusion. Must also be retarded. Show some
brains, DFS. Even if you like what the idiot posts if you think it is
genuine you a bigger idiot than I thought.
DFS
2016-10-23 18:01:54 UTC
Good self-nuke, moron.
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:05:39 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
[...]
I'm sorry you feel that way about yourself William Poaster. I suppose
that is why to endedup cleaning toilet bowls for a living.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-24 17:43:07 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by William Poaster
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
[...]
Wideload Porkster chose to clean toilets for a living because the job
reminds him of his childhood... when his parents forced him to live in one.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
chrisv
2016-10-24 12:18:36 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
And they also happen to find that the "COLA Cabal" is a set of
"massive assholes".
I'm sure that he'll get plenty of support from the likes of "Jim".
--
"I'd estimate 95% of all kernel + GNU + enduser code was written for
free by hobbyists." - DumFSck
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:04:26 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by ronb
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
[...]
They are all right.
The COLA Cabal /is/ a set of massive idiots.
The reactions you had to spindrift's posts, my posts, silmer's posts,
greycloud's posts and so forth demonstrates how truly fucked up you
Linux advocates are.
spindrift
2016-10-22 22:18:52 UTC
Post by ronb
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago I
did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my Windows
LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I gave up on
Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would like suggestions
as to which Linux would be an easy one for a completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
Linux Mint, "Snit" -- as always.
Adios "spindrift."
I don't understand?
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
Steve Carroll
Each of Snit's personalities fails to understand the others.
John Gohde
How about getting smart? Buy a used computer system for $5 at Goodwill USA, then you wont have to risk destroying anything remotely important. Ooooh! If spindrift only had a brain.
spindrift
2016-10-22 22:20:26 UTC
Post by John Gohde
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
How about getting smart? Buy a used computer system for $5 at
Goodwill USA, then you wont have to risk destroying anything
remotely important. Ooooh! If spindrift only had a brain.
I already have a computer to install Linux on.
Why are you attacking me for asking a question?
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
DFS
2016-10-22 23:21:20 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by John Gohde
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
How about getting smart? Buy a used computer system for $5 at
Goodwill USA, then you wont have to risk destroying anything
remotely important. Ooooh! If spindrift only had a brain.
I already have a computer to install Linux on.
Why are you attacking me for asking a question?
Ignore everything John Gohde says; you truly don't want to end up like
him, with Goodwill "art" covering the walls of your shack.
Tattoo Vampire
2016-10-23 01:05:41 UTC
Excuse John Gohde; he drinks Drano while living in a tin shack.
Silver Slimer
2016-10-23 13:06:36 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by John Gohde
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
How about getting smart? Buy a used computer system for $5 at
Goodwill USA, then you wont have to risk destroying anything
remotely important. Ooooh! If spindrift only had a brain.
I already have a computer to install Linux on.
Why are you attacking me for asking a question?
Because they're Linux "advocates." Stick around and notice how helpful
the dedicated Linux users are before you switch back to Windows in disgust.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:02:29 UTC
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by John Gohde
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user? a few months ago
I did try to install Ubuntu but could not get it to recognize my
Windows LAN. I didn't have the time to troubleshoot the problem so I
gave up on Linux. I'm looking to give Linux another try so I would
like suggestions as to which Linux would be an easy one for a
completely new Linux user.
A friend suggested Manjaro.
How about getting smart? Buy a used computer system for $5 at
Goodwill USA, then you wont have to risk destroying anything
remotely important. Ooooh! If spindrift only had a brain.
I already have a computer to install Linux on.
Why are you attacking me for asking a question?
Because they're Linux "advocates." Stick around and notice how helpful
the dedicated Linux users are before you switch back to Windows in disgust.
This is hilarious!
Maybe the spindrift is a troll, maybe not.
One thing is for certain, the COLA Cabal "Welcome Wagon" is out in force
and even if he might have been interested in Linux they will make
certain he will probably never use Linux and will probably turn against
Linux and especially the COLA Cabal.

And the pattern is clear.
He got the same treatment you, I and I'm sure many others received from
these COLA Cabal Linux advocates.

Like I said hilarious!
Silver Slimer
2016-10-24 17:42:10 UTC
Post by Jim Polaski
Post by Silver Slimer
Post by spindrift
Post by John Gohde
Post by spindrift
[...]
Even without conversing in any way with these "advocates," you'll know
that there's something seriously wrong with the operating system when
you run the exact same program on two different platforms and configure
both programs with the same settings and find that only the Linux
version will give you timeouts. However, if we don't want to engage
these Linux losers, we just need to look at what they're saying. Today's
example is the best one: Linux runs supercomputers. That's like pointing
out that Hummer equips Continental tires. Does it affect anyone? Will
you suddenly buy Continental tires on your Ford, Honda or Mazda? It's
ridiculous stupidity.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Tattoo Vampire
2016-10-23 01:03:08 UTC
There is none. They are all too complex.
spindrift
2016-10-23 01:06:11 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
chrisv
2016-10-24 12:12:22 UTC
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
Trolling so soon, "spindrift"?
--
'So it really boils down to "I hate Microsoft and I hate Apple"
because they aren't free.' - some POS that calls itself "GreyCloud",
lying shamelessly
Peter Köhlmann
2016-10-24 12:17:11 UTC
Post by chrisv
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
Trolling so soon, "spindrift"?
Next will be that "spindrift" knows linux better than the linux advocates.
Then the "lessons" will start. We well very soon see the first lessons on
how ScreenCasting is done so much better on OSX
Marek Novotny
Silver Slimer
2016-10-24 14:12:52 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by chrisv
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
Trolling so soon, "spindrift"?
Next will be that "spindrift" knows linux better than the linux advocates.
Then the "lessons" will start. We well very soon see the first lessons on
how ScreenCasting is done so much better on OSX
Ha! Peter the Klöwn made a funny.
--
Silver Slimer
Islam is a disease
Gab.ai: @silverslimer
Jim Polaski
2016-10-24 17:14:13 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by chrisv
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
Trolling so soon, "spindrift"?
Next will be that "spindrift" knows linux better than the linux advocates.
Then the "lessons" will start. We well very soon see the first lessons on
how ScreenCasting is done so much better on OSX
He seems to know Linux better than the Linux advocates already.
SMELLzzzzz hasn't been correct yet.
Neither have you or William Poaster.
And judging by the amount of churn you Linux advocates are generating
it's obvious you are scared of spindrift.
I hope he stays a while and makes your lives miserable because you
deserve it.
The worst Linux users on the planet have planted their fat asses in COLA
so you deserve whatever spindrift has in store for you.
William Poaster
2016-10-24 12:26:59 UTC
Post by chrisv
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
Trolling so soon, "spindrift"?
You could almost do a countdown, of days or even of posts, as to how
soon the troll will expose himself.
Perhaps we should run bets on it! ;-)
Marek Novotny
2016-10-24 13:32:00 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by chrisv
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
Trolling so soon, "spindrift"?
You could almost do a countdown, of days or even of posts, as to how
soon the troll will expose himself.
Perhaps we should run bets on it! ;-)
Yes. That's how bad they suck at this. It's obvious to everyone but
them. How sad.
William Poaster
2016-10-24 14:03:31 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by William Poaster
Post by chrisv
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
Trolling so soon, "spindrift"?
You could almost do a countdown, of days or even of posts, as to how
soon the troll will expose himself.
Perhaps we should run bets on it! ;-)
Yes. That's how bad they suck at this. It's obvious to everyone but
them. How sad.
True. But I've no doubt there will be more "noobs" at some point in the
future, with the same MO & same "problems" or same "friend wants to
use Linux, which distro" etc. The same old routine.
IMO the trolls just get boring.
Marek Novotny
2016-10-24 14:26:15 UTC
Post by William Poaster
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by William Poaster
Post by chrisv
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
Trolling so soon, "spindrift"?
You could almost do a countdown, of days or even of posts, as to how
soon the troll will expose himself.
Perhaps we should run bets on it! ;-)
Yes. That's how bad they suck at this. It's obvious to everyone but
them. How sad.
True. But I've no doubt there will be more "noobs" at some point in the
future, with the same MO & same "problems" or same "friend wants to
use Linux, which distro" etc. The same old routine.
IMO the trolls just get boring.
A true n00b will have a distinctive persona. One these guys cannot
imagine to pull off. Even with our saying what's wrong. I never wanted
to tell Snit why I know who his socks were. Then Sandman pointed out a
lot of it. And I thought as a result we'd get a much better persona now
that he let the cat out of the bag. Nope. Not at all. You'd have to be
retarded to get it so wrong this many times in a row. You know why these
guys are in here all day. They are bums. They got NOTHING else. And I
have to say, if I were paying them to troll, I'd have fired them for it
because they SUCK ASS at it.

I'd opine that they should get a job but I get it now. They can't. They
are way too clueless to work and bring any benefit to any employer.
tmelmosfire
2016-10-24 15:50:11 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by William Poaster
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by William Poaster
Post by chrisv
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
[...]
You have yet to figure it out. Anyone trolls COLA by mentioning usability, consistency or screen recording and you fucktards jump up and down insisting it is Snit.

You are so easily played it is not funny. You, Marek, are dumber than my shoe.
Marek Novotny
2016-10-24 13:28:36 UTC
Post by chrisv
Post by spindrift
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by spindrift
What would be a good version of Linux for a new user?
There is none. They are all too complex.
Apparently. Mr. Melzzzzz seems to know even less about Linux than I
do.
Trolling so soon, "spindrift"?
Yes, see how quickly he chose sides, etc. When I first got on usenet I
was thought to be a troll. The fact that others were yelling at me never
caused me to switch to Windows and troll Linux. I was a Linux user and
that would show to the users one way or another.

Jim and spindrift somehow became haters because of the group. Slimer is
the same. He gives up on Linux over the group. That's bullshit and an
excuse. If you're a Linux user, you just are. And nothing a group can do
will change that. You could be called a troll all day long and what you
are will not change.

In my group the actual trolls soon figured out I wasn't on their side.
That's what I see here. Trolls think that if I am not against them as
first that I'm for them. I'm not. I'm a Linux user. And nothing anyone
says will change that.

In just a few days you have these guys already acting exactly like the
trolls they are socks for. It is christmas and they couldn't want to
open their gift. They never create a convincing persona because they
can't.

Day one, the guy wants help. Same day, Linux sucks. Same day, trolling
the regulars here. When I first came to the Ubuntu group, it took me 6
or 7 months to call someone a troll. And I didn't know anyone. I had to
grok who they were and what they were about for a long while before I
felt I knew them well enough to understand who they are and what they
truly believe. Here, we don't see that. They somehow know everything.
Calling a group a cabal after 24 or 48 hours is fast.

If he truly didn't know a soul in here it would take a little longer
just to get it straight who is consistently saying what and why. I could
go on and on. I will summarize by simply saying they are lousy at making
a convincing persona. And they already have the benefit of me saying in
the past why their persona sucks.

You trolls are complete idiots. You really are. Don't give up your day
job to become actors, you all suck at it. There isn't a non-troll in
this group who didn't figure you out in an hour's time. That's how much
you guys suck at playing the role of a n00b. Absolutely fucking
clueless. I'd at least respect you slightly more if you could pull off
something semi convincing but you guys can't even do that. You're
worthless techs, and worthless actors. You can't even troll well. There
isn't a brain between any of these idiots.
William Poaster
2016-10-24 13:57:35 UTC
Post by Marek Novotny
Post by chrisv
[...]