10 reasons why should one use linux
William Poaster
2008-10-23 09:52:18 UTC
You responded that this was not a slow time for you - not because your real
estate business is doing so well but because you are not currently working.
Ok, if that is the case then I hope, if you want a job, that you find one
soon. I would not be surprised if there are many real estate agents who
have lost work.
My words were "I'm not at work". In other words, off the job, as in done for
the day, on my own time. I know you're not that dense.
You are now claiming you are employed... whatever. I do not care. I was
merely hypothesizing about non-offensive reasons you might currently have
more time right now to troll and then, even though you have been posting
lies and accusations about me, I wished you *well*.
Last time I checked I still had a personal page on the company website, and
a company email address, and an office with my name on the door, and a desk
piled high with paperwork. So yeah, I guess I'm employed. Would you like a
current photo of my office to check the EXIF data for authenticity?
<splorf!>

LOL!

(makes note not to read TV whilst drinking coffee)
--
Most people are sheep.
Microsoft is very effective
at fleecing the flockers.
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-23 10:22:32 UTC
You act like a care if you are employed. Why?
Because you made a big issue out of my job status, you fucking idiot.

I just don't see anyone as stupid as you teaching classes or working on
computers.
--
Regards,
[tv]

...If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is a picture of a thousand
words worth?
Peter Köhlmann
2008-10-23 12:10:28 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
You act like a care if you are employed. Why?
Because you made a big issue out of my job status, you fucking idiot.
I just don't see anyone as stupid as you teaching classes
He doesn't. His wife does, bringing food to the table, while
Snot/Snit/Rekruled/Brock McNuggets/Michael Glasser trolls usenet 24/7
Post by Tattoo Vampire
or working on computers.
You mean preparing the worst "instruction videos" know to mankind?
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
William Poaster
2008-10-23 12:22:18 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
or working on computers.
You mean preparing the worst "instruction videos" know to mankind?
Those were *instructional* videos?? Really? I thought they were meant to
be a joke!
at fleecing the flockers.
Snit
2008-10-23 16:53:26 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
or working on computers.
You mean preparing the worst "instruction videos" know to mankind?
See how you lash out at people you know are more competent than you are.
Amazing.
--
"Uh... ask me after we ship the next version of Windows [laughs] then I'll
be more open to give you a blunt answer." - Bill Gates
<http://tmp.gallopinginsanity.com/gates/>
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-23 22:20:42 UTC
Post by Snit
See how you lash out at people you know are more competent than you are.
Amazing.
How do you know you're more competent than him? You're nearly as
snitty^H^H^H^H^H^Hsnotty as Queeg.
--
Regards,
[tv]

...Make headlines! Use a corduroy pillow.
Peter Köhlmann
2008-10-23 22:40:08 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
See how you lash out at people you know are more competent than you are.
Amazing.
How do you know you're more competent than him? You're nearly as
snitty^H^H^H^H^H^Hsnotty as Queeg.
Oh, Snot Michael Glasser is certainly very competent. At being the most
incompetent "IT teacher" of all time.
He is also very competent at trolling. And one of his real "competence
areas" is being utterly dishonest

About linux, he knows next to nothing. In that area, he is totally
incompetent
--
Only two things are infinite,
the Universe and Stupidity.
- Albert Einstein
Snit
2008-10-23 22:56:54 UTC
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
See how you lash out at people you know are more competent than you are.
Amazing.
How do you know you're more competent than him? You're nearly as
snitty^H^H^H^H^H^Hsnotty as Queeg.
Oh, Snot Michael Glasser is certainly very competent. At being the most
incompetent "IT teacher" of all time.
He is also very competent at trolling. And one of his real "competence
areas" is being utterly dishonest
About linux, he knows next to nothing. In that area, he is totally
incompetent
See how you lash out at those you see as being better than you. Amazing.
"The music is not inside the piano." - Alan Kay
Snit
2008-10-23 22:56:19 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
See how you lash out at people you know are more competent than you are.
Amazing.
How do you know you're more competent than him? You're nearly as
snitty^H^H^H^H^H^Hsnotty as Queeg.
See how you are trying to start up arguments with me. Odd. As I have
noted, I refuse to sink to your level.
God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-24 00:00:46 UTC
Post by Snit
See how you are trying to start up arguments with me. Odd. As I have
noted, I refuse to sink to your level.
Then STFU and quit answering me, goof-ass.
--
Regards,
[tv]

...I'm heavily armed, easily bored, and off my medication.
Snit
2008-10-24 00:21:49 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
See how you are trying to start up arguments with me. Odd. As I have
noted, I refuse to sink to your level.
Then STFU and quit answering me, goof-ass.
Gee, this whole BS is all because of me - I responded to your trolling and
you are simply not able to control yourself. You are not an adult but I
am... OK. Good to see your admission.
"The music is not inside the piano." - Alan Kay
Snit
2008-10-23 16:58:16 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
You act like a care if you are employed. Why?
Because you made a big issue out of my job status, you fucking idiot.
I did not such thing.

Based on previous information about you that has been shown in COLA, you at
least used to work in real estate. I noted your recent increase in trolling
and hypothesized it *might* be based on you having more free time - after
all it is hardly a secret that the real estate market is not exactly
thriving these days. I did not say this necessarily was nor was not the
case - just a guess based on your increase of trolling and the job you have
been associated with.

You responded that this was not a slow time for you - not because your real
estate business is doing so well but because you are not currently working.
Ok, if that is the case then I hoped, if you wanted a job, that you find one
soon. I would not be surprised if there are many real estate agents who
have lost work.

You have since claimed to be employed... whatever. I do not care. I was
Post by Tattoo Vampire
I just don't see anyone as stupid as you teaching classes or working on
computers.
Amazing how you lash out and beg for arguments. I am not going to sink to
your level.
--
When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not
beautiful, I know it is wrong. -- R. Buckminster Fuller
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-23 22:22:20 UTC
Post by Snit
Amazing how you lash out and beg for arguments. I am not going to sink to
your level.
You'd have to come way up to be ay my level, snotrag.
--
Regards,
[tv]

...My other vehicle is a Galaxy Class Starship
Snit
2008-10-23 22:56:35 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
Amazing how you lash out and beg for arguments. I am not going to sink to
your level.
You'd have to come way up to be ay my level, snotrag.
Incorrect. As this thread has proved.
--
I know how a jam jar feels...
... full of jam!
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-24 00:00:10 UTC
Post by Snit
Incorrect. As this thread has proved.
"Proven" is the correct usage, Brainiac.

Snit
2008-10-24 00:22:28 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
Incorrect. As this thread has proved.
"Proven" is the correct usage, Brainiac.
Ah, snip all context and go after the grammar... no doubt that makes you
feel better about yourself.
--
"In order to discover who you are, first learn who everybody else is. You're
what's left." - Skip Hansen
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-24 02:54:56 UTC
Post by Snit
Ah, snip all context and go after the grammar... no doubt that makes you
feel better about yourself.
*Yawn*
--
Regards,
[tv]

...Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will
clean
them? (George Carlin)
Snit
2008-10-24 03:09:14 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
Ah, snip all context and go after the grammar... no doubt that makes you
feel better about yourself.
*Yawn*
Slow time at work for you, eh?
--
"Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to
all but the most crucial features." -- Steve Jobs
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-24 10:21:07 UTC
Post by Snit
Slow time at work for you, eh?
Who was at work?
--
Regards,
[tv]

...Have you seen Quasimodo? I had a hunch he was back.
Snit
2008-10-24 10:34:23 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Who was at work?
When?
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-23 10:23:06 UTC
A gentle correction: EXIF data can be forged - even if I cared about your
employment status, which I assure you I do not, EXIF data on a photo would
not prove authenticity.
You know all about fake EXIF data, don't you?
--
Regards,
[tv]

...First Rule of Intelligent Tinkering - Save all parts
Peter Köhlmann
2008-10-23 12:08:01 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
A gentle correction: EXIF data can be forged - even if I cared about your
employment status, which I assure you I do not, EXIF data on a photo
would not prove authenticity.
You know all about fake EXIF data, don't you?
Especially when he makes it up like his other "evidence"
--
Law of Probable Dispersal:
Whatever it is that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
Snit
2008-10-23 16:55:52 UTC
I was merely noting your error when you said:

Last time I checked I still had a personal page on the
company website, and a company email address, and an office
with my name on the door, and a desk piled high with
paperwork. So yeah, I guess I'm employed. Would you like a
current photo of my office to check the EXIF data for
authenticity?

You showed you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
authenticity... I corrected you. No big deal.
--
"And so, in no sense, is stability a reason to move to a new version. It¹s
never a reason." - Bill Gates
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-23 22:21:38 UTC
Post by Snit
You showed you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
authenticity
You seemed to think it was a few weeks ago, loonball.

Snit
2008-10-23 22:55:37 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
You showed you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
authenticity
You seemed to think it was a few weeks ago, loonball.
The comment you made was in the last couple of days:

Last time I checked I still had a personal page on the
company website, and a company email address, and an office
with my name on the door, and a desk piled high with
paperwork. So yeah, I guess I'm employed. Would you like a
current photo of my office to check the EXIF data for
authenticity?

You showed you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
authenticity... I corrected you. No big deal. I did not, contrary to your
above claim, ever indicate that your mistake was "weeks ago". You posted
that, as you snipped your error, just to run from it.

You made an error - you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
authenticity. Big deal.
BU__SH__
cc
2008-10-24 11:51:33 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
You showed you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
authenticity
You seemed to think it was a few weeks ago, loonball.
    Last time I checked I still had a personal page on the
    company website, and a company email address, and an office
    with my name on the door, and a desk piled high with
    paperwork. So yeah, I guess I'm employed. Would you like a
    current photo of my office to check the EXIF data for
    authenticity?
You showed you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
authenticity... I corrected you.  No big deal.  I did not, contrary to your
above claim, ever indicate that your mistake was "weeks ago".  You posted
that, as you snipped your error, just to run from it.
You made an error - you did not understand that EXIF data is not proof of
authenticity.  Big deal.
That's alot of words to misunderstand a joke. You know he's just
calling back to the previous little skirmish over EXIF data, right?
Will Tattoo Vampire give us daily updates on Snit's life this time
around? That remains to be seen.
Snit
2008-10-24 16:40:29 UTC
Post by cc
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Snit
[...]
I suspect he is breaking his word and re-focusing on that past absurd
debate. I am granting him the benefit of the doubt, however, in assuming he
is not. And, anyway, if he is going to make an absurd comment - why not
call him on his error. :)

EXIF data does not guarantee authenticity...
God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?
High Plains Thumper
2008-10-23 12:20:29 UTC
Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part
in a help group. Primarily because they know nothing about
Linux. They are blinded by the stars in their eyes at being
"l33t" - witness Marti and his "familiar with turning swap on"
(although at least he uses Linux which is more than can be
said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High Plains
Hypocrite all who admit to using Windows in a professional
capacity on a daily basis).
Tsk, tsk, tsk. This troll just doesn't get it, after being
repeatedly warned about its lack of appropriate usenet
ettiquette, insultingly altering poster nyms, deviating from the
charter, "discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
operating systems" by attacking the posting community instead of
discussing Linux. Nonetheless, this is an example of:

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm

[quote] Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's
ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting from
obviously incorrect variations of the name etc. insults, call
them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals. [/quote]

also

[quote] 7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [...]

[3.] Put your opponent off guard by insulting him. The liberal
use of profanity and vulgarisms can be very effective,
particularly when used against you more dignified opponents. Your
experience as a school yard bully can be handy here. [/quote]

And regarding the false accusation of "most of the COLA
"advocates" have never ever taken part in a help group":

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0de02b78810d98a2

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
From: High Plains Thumper <***@invalid.invalid>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 02:36:31 -0600
Subject: Re: Great New Linux Community Designed UMPC/Console!!

[quote]
[...]
http://gp2xwiznpandora.blog.co.uk/
This link crashed my firefox on Debian. Every time I tried
to load it into a new browser. When I opened it in a new
tab I saw the embedded videos and clicking them caused
firefox to vanish/crash again.
Same problem here. Crashed when I clicked on his profile. It
doesn't happen all the time though, sometimes it works
fine. Weird.
[...]

Using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, Firefox 3.0.3... Yes, FireFox task goes
down. Reported in Bugzilla as Bug 458003.

Hadron claims to actively report bugs and criticise me for
failing to. Did not see see this reported by him or any other.
[/quote]
--
HPT
Quando omni flunkus moritati
- "Red" Green
Linux Pimps
2008-10-23 12:25:01 UTC
No one gives a rat's ass about it.
High Plains Thumper
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 02:36:31 -0600
[quote]
[...]
http://gp2xwiznpandora.blog.co.uk/
This link crashed my firefox on Debian. Every time I
tried to load it into a new browser. When I opened it in
a new tab I saw the embedded videos and clicking them
caused firefox to vanish/crash again.
Same problem here. Crashed when I clicked on his profile.
It doesn't happen all the time though, sometimes it works
fine. Weird.
[...]
Using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, Firefox 3.0.3... Yes, FireFox task goes
down. Reported in Bugzilla as Bug 458003.
Hadron claims to actively report bugs and criticise me for
failing to. Did not see see this reported by him or any
other. [/quote]
Here is an interesting fact. Clicking on the

http://gp2xwiznpandora.blog.co.uk/

link mentioned above now nets:

[quote] This blog does not exsist.

The blog gp2xwiznpandora.blog.co.uk does not exist yet.[/quote]

Oddly, the blog was taken out of service and blogger has been
also removed.
- "Red" Green
William Poaster
2008-10-23 12:39:50 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part
in a help group. Primarily because they know nothing about
Linux.
What a load drivel. Quack isn't a member of his local LUG, purely because
the troll admitted he is a windows user & programmer. He knows nothing
about Linux, & can't even set his *own* machine up properly, let alone
that of anyone *else*.
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 02:36:31 -0600
[quote]
[...]
http://gp2xwiznpandora.blog.co.uk/
This link crashed my firefox on Debian. Every time I tried
to load it into a new browser. When I opened it in a new
tab I saw the embedded videos and clicking them caused
firefox to vanish/crash again.
Same problem here. Crashed when I clicked on his profile. It
doesn't happen all the time though, sometimes it works
fine. Weird.
[...]
Using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, Firefox 3.0.3... Yes, FireFox task goes
down. Reported in Bugzilla as Bug 458003.
Hadron claims to actively report bugs and criticise me for
failing to. Did not see see this reported by him or any other.
[/quote]
The troll gave *one* example once, but claimed that it was "an active
contribution" to Linux, & not what it *really* was, which was simply
reporting a bug!!! What a pompous gas-bag! LOL
at fleecing the flockers.
Chris Ahlstrom
2008-10-23 13:58:08 UTC
After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out
Post by High Plains Thumper
Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part
in a help group. Primarily because they know nothing about
Linux. They are blinded by the stars in their eyes at being
"l33t" - witness Marti and his "familiar with turning swap on"
(although at least he uses Linux which is more than can be
said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High Plains
Hypocrite all who admit to using Windows in a professional
capacity on a daily basis).
Tsk, tsk, tsk. This troll just doesn't get it, after being
repeatedly warned about its lack of appropriate usenet
ettiquette, insultingly altering poster nyms, deviating from the
charter, "discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
operating systems" by attacking the posting community instead of
discussing Linux.
And lying about people not using Linux (and knowing nothing about it),
just because they also use Windows for some tasks.

Also funny is the claim that people who use Linux think they are elite.

And the swap stuff is really funny to anyone who has ever installed
Gentoo, or modified their partitioning scheme on the fly.
Post by High Plains Thumper
http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm
[quote] Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll
<snippage>
And regarding the false accusation of "most of the COLA
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0de02b78810d98a2
--
Fortune Documents the Great Legal Decisions:
We can imagine no reason why, with ordinary care, human toes could not be
-- 78 So. 365.
chrisv
2008-10-23 14:25:31 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
(snip)
Tsk, tsk, tsk. This troll just doesn't get it, after being
repeatedly warned about its lack of appropriate usenet
ettiquette, insultingly altering poster nyms, deviating from the
charter, "discussion of the benefits of Linux compared to other
operating systems" by attacking the posting community instead of
discussing Linux.
Quack flings so much snot, he reminds me of a dog shaking-off water,
except it's snot.
--
"Most of us think its just plain stupid to educate 200000000 under
priviliged children for positions that aren't available." -
"Humanitarian" Hadron Quark
ml2mst
2008-10-24 12:04:04 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part in a help
group. Primarily because they know nothing about Linux. They are
blinded by the stars in their eyes at being "l33t" - witness Marti and
his "familiar with turning swap on"
ROTFL

And again, "Hadron Quark" just /proved/ he knows next to nothing about
GNU/Linux.

As I wrote before /swapon/ is the command which is required to activate
the swap partition on /every/ GNU/Linux distribution which lacks to do
this automatically.

Most GNU/Linux distributions however do this automatically and thus, the
swapon command is not required (they simply use *swapon* in the
background, without even noticing the user).

*REQOEST*

Could someone /please/ crosspost this to the Debian Newsgroups, since my
(Free/Gratis) NNTP provider does not support crossposting. Just to prove
to the Debian groups, how ignorant "Hardon Quarck" is of GNU/Linux.

I can ashore you, that I didn't sucked the /swapon/ story out of my thumb.

Every GNU/Linux admin, who is competent enough to _not_ use fancy GUI or
TUI tools, can confirm /I didn't made the swapon story up/

I know I'm right. because I had to use /swapon/ to install a outdated
version of Puppy GNU/Linux, which had a corrupt install-script and thus
I had to install it manually.

Fortunately I had an old Slackware 3.0 CD around, including cfdisk,
mkext2fs and swapon.

So you where saying "Kernel Hacker" Hadron Quack... ???
Post by High Plains Thumper
(although at least he uses Linux which is more than can be said of
Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High Plains Hypocrite all who admit
to using Windows in a professional capacity on a daily basis).
All the people "Hadron Quark" just named *actually use GNU/Linux* such
in contrast to "Hadron Quark" himself, who uses an Xemacs alike
"clicketyclick" version of Emacs on Microsoft Windows.
Post by High Plains Thumper
[...]
And regarding the false accusation of "most of the COLA "advocates" have
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/0de02b78810d98a2
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 02:36:31 -0600
[quote]
[...]
http://gp2xwiznpandora.blog.co.uk/
This link crashed my firefox on Debian. Every time I tried
to load it into a new browser. When I opened it in a new tab I saw
the embedded videos and clicking them caused firefox to vanish/crash
again.
Same problem here. Crashed when I clicked on his profile. It
doesn't happen all the time though, sometimes it works
fine. Weird.
[...]
Using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, Firefox 3.0.3... Yes, FireFox task goes
down. Reported in Bugzilla as Bug 458003.
Hadron claims to actively report bugs and criticise me for
failing to. Did not see see this reported by him or any other.
[/quote]
Hadron's only goal is do discredit GNU/Linux users who - in contrast to
Hadron himself - actually *KNOW* what their talking about.
--
|_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
|_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
Phil Da Lick!
And appreciate the stability, reliability and flexibility it gives them.
DFS
2008-10-24 13:15:00 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by ml2mst
(although at least he uses Linux which is more than can be said of
Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High Plains Hypocrite all who
admit to using Windows in a professional capacity on a daily
basis).
All the people "Hadron Quark" just named *actually use GNU/Linux* such
And appreciate the stability, reliability and flexibility it gives them.
"...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even touch the mouse
or the keyboard."
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=1213323145&t=27550
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-24 13:20:15 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by ml2mst
(although at least he uses Linux which is more than can be said of
Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High Plains Hypocrite all who
admit to using Windows in a professional capacity on a daily
basis).
All the people "Hadron Quark" just named *actually use GNU/Linux* such
And appreciate the stability, reliability and flexibility it gives them.
"...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even touch the mouse
or the keyboard."
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=1213323145&t=27550
Quoting other people's problems for your own warped agenda is truly
pathetic. For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in day out and have
never frozen on me that I can recall. I'd soon know if they did because
I'd have complaints that the net isn't working, or the email is down.
Nothing so far.
Chris Ahlstrom
2008-10-24 13:38:44 UTC
After takin' a swig o' grog, Phil Da Lick! belched out
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by DFS
"...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even touch the mouse
or the keyboard."
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=1213323145&t=27550
Quoting other people's problems for your own warped agenda is truly
pathetic. For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in day out and have
never frozen on me that I can recall. I'd soon know if they did because
I'd have complaints that the net isn't working, or the email is down.
Nothing so far.
Got 191 days of uptime so far.

But I'm getting the "upgrade my kernel, my nvidia, and my vmware" itch.
Version 2.6.24 is getting kind of old.

I'm surprised DFS isn't posting stuff like this

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.27.3

and whoo-whooing about all the bugs in the "slopware". He's missing a
real opportunity to make a total jackass out of himself.
--
It's better to be wanted for murder that not to be wanted at all.
-- Marty Winch
William Poaster
2008-10-24 13:52:50 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by DFS
[...]
Ah, but DFS said Linux is perfect! ;-)

<quote>
Linux, the perfect OS,
<unquote>
DFS -
Saturday 29 March 2008 6:01:59 pm
comp.os.linux.advocacy
at fleecing the flockers.
DFS
2008-10-24 15:15:44 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by DFS
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by ml2mst
(although at least he uses Linux which is more than can be said
of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High Plains Hypocrite all
who admit to using Windows in a professional capacity on a daily
basis).
All the people "Hadron Quark" just named *actually use GNU/Linux* such
And appreciate the stability, reliability and flexibility it gives them.
"...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even touch the
mouse or the keyboard."
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=1213323145&t=27550
Quoting other people's problems for your own warped agenda is truly
pathetic.
The truth bothers you that much, Hyp Da Crite!?

Too bad. Linux/Unix assholes have been whining about other peoples' Windows
problems forever.
Post by Phil Da Lick!
For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in day out and have
never frozen on me that I can recall.
Sample of one! Meanwhile, many, many crapware Linux boxes lock up randomly
several times per hour. To help stabilize the slop, you usually have to
turn those 'reliable and stable' features (Compiz, ACPI, etc) off.

It's junk software.
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-24 20:00:10 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Quoting other people's problems for your own warped agenda is truly
pathetic.
The truth bothers you that much, Hyp Da Crite!?
Not at all. It obviously bother you else why would you be here?
Post by DFS
Too bad. Linux/Unix assholes have been whining about other peoples' Windows
problems forever.
That may be true but this is a linux group and you are one of
the whiners here so I wouldn't criticize if I were you.
Post by DFS
Post by Phil Da Lick!
For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in day out and have
never frozen on me that I can recall.
Sample of one! Meanwhile, many, many crapware Linux boxes lock up randomly
several times per hour. To help stabilize the slop, you usually have to
turn those 'reliable and stable' features (Compiz, ACPI, etc) off.
Many windows boxes lock up every hour, on startup if nothing else whilst
windows goes off and has a ponder with no feedback to the user. What's
your fucking point? That's software for ya.
Post by DFS
It's junk software.
Au contraire.
William Poaster
2008-10-24 22:09:20 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by DFS
Post by Phil Da Lick!
For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in day out and have
never frozen on me that I can recall.
Sample of one! Meanwhile, many, many crapware Linux boxes lock up randomly
several times per hour. To help stabilize the slop, you usually have to
turn those 'reliable and stable' features (Compiz, ACPI, etc) off.
Many windows boxes lock up every hour, on startup if nothing else whilst
windows goes off and has a ponder with no feedback to the user. What's
your fucking point? That's software for ya.
Yup, here are just a few examples of Windoze boxes freezing:

Vista random freezes:
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1352596&SiteID=17

Windows vista freezes crashes becomes unresponsive:
http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/windows-vista/42195-windows-vista-freezes-crashes-becomes-unresponsive.html?q=windows-vista/42195-windows-vista-freezes-crashes-becomes-unresponsive.html

Vista freezes:
http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-general/244672-vista-freezes.html

Vista freezes oftern:
http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-hardware-devices/104800-vista-freezes-often.html

Vista freezes for about 10 minutes
http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-general/66184-vista-freezes-about-10-minutes.html

Vista freezes after 40 minutes of use!
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/247312-15-8800gts-vista-freezes-minutes-what-wrong
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by DFS
It's junk software.
He's right, windows *is* junk software.
Darren Brown, data centre lead at consulting firm Avanade:
"Within the Microsoft environment, we have struggled for years with
applications that are written so poorly that they will not work with
others. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7540282.stm
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Au contraire.
at fleecing the flockers.
High Plains Thumper
2008-10-26 04:14:59 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by DFS
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by ml2mst
(although at least he uses Linux which is more than
can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and
High Plains Hypocrite all who admit to using Windows
in a professional capacity on a daily basis).
All the people "Hadron Quark" just named *actually use
GNU/Linux* such
And appreciate the stability, reliability and flexibility
it gives them.
"...sometimes the system freezes even though I didn't even
touch the mouse or the keyboard."
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?search_id=1213323145&t=27550
Quoting other people's problems for your own warped agenda is
truly pathetic. For myself, my linux boxes work fine day in
day out and have never frozen on me that I can recall. I'd
soon know if they did because I'd have complaints that the net
isn't working, or the email is down. Nothing so far.
Agreed. I haven't had the problems with my Linux boxes, either.
My Amptron PM-9900 mobo with AMD 450 MHz CPU finally crapped
out (hardware failure), but I had a spare Intel Pentium Slot-1
mobo with 333 MHz CPU. Moved the Trident 4D-Wave-DX sound card,
modem, AGP card, CD-Writer and hard disk to it. Did hardware
detection and it was up and running fine on SuSE 6.4. No
reinstallation required.

My 1.7 GHz Intel Celeron mobo had an intermittent problem with
one of the USB slots. Linux verified the hardware problem (dual
boot). Linux has better hardware checking. It flagged it right
away. I no longer use that port and things are fine with Ubuntu.

I built a 400 MHz Intel Celeron system for a fairly young widow.
It worked fine including the Winmodem.

Daughter's ASUS EeePC has been working fine, not a crash yet and
it has been at least 4 months. She uses it daily.

2.9 GHz Intel system hasn't crashed over the past two and a half
years of usage. Ubuntu Gutsy works fine.

Anyway, a few examples ....
HPT
William Poaster
2008-10-24 22:10:35 UTC
Post by ml2mst
Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part in a help
group. Primarily because they know nothing about Linux. They are
blinded by the stars in their eyes at being "l33t" - witness Marti and
his "familiar with turning swap on"
ROTFL
And again, "Hadron Quark" just /proved/ he knows next to nothing about
GNU/Linux.
As I wrote before /swapon/ is the command which is required to activate
the swap partition on /every/ GNU/Linux distribution which lacks to do
this automatically.
Most GNU/Linux distributions however do this automatically and thus, the
swapon command is not required (they simply use *swapon* in the
background, without even noticing the user).
*REQUEST*
Could someone /please/ crosspost this to the Debian Newsgroups, since my
(Free/Gratis) NNTP provider does not support crossposting. Just to prove
to the Debian groups, how ignorant "Hardon Quarck" is of GNU/Linux.
Done.

<snip>
at fleecing the flockers.
chrisv
2008-10-23 13:12:31 UTC
Please post links to these "lies" you refer to.
That would be a hell of a lot of links, the majority of them pointing to
posts of yours.
Hilarious. The shameless liar "Hadron" Quack wants "proof" of his
lies, which are pointed-out on an almost daily basis. Add to that his
basic dishonesty and you've got a real shit soup. What a nasty,
creepy piece of work, Quack is.
--
"Want proof? Go find it yourself." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron
Quark
Phil Da Lick!
Prove that my use of windows precludes my use of linux.
Linux Pimps
2008-10-24 09:38:53 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Now, most of the COLA "advocates" have never ever taken part in a help
group. Primarily because they know nothing about Linux. They are blinded
by the stars in their eyes at being "l33t" - witness Marti and his
"familiar with turning swap on" (although at least he uses Linux which
is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick and High
Plains Hypocrite all who admit to using Windows in a professional
capacity on a daily basis).
Prove that my use of windows precludes my use of linux.
Where did he say that you moron? Where did he say that it precluded your
usage of Linux. How in the hell did you become an IT director, you
moron? Now, that's a mystery as to how in the hell did you become an IT
director.

You just made it up, and you started calling yourself an *IT director*
when you are not one. I bet the people that work for you say, "here
comes that fake IT director again on operating printing press #1".

You are one real big hypocrite and a joke. You talk trash about a
product, and yet you use the product.
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-24 10:06:02 UTC
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
[...]
is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick " etc.

Can you read it this time?
Linux Pimps
What? It doesn't change anything about what I said.
Phil Da Lick!
You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.
Linux Pimps
Just like you.
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-24 14:22:38 UTC
Spake the troll.
Linux Pimps
2008-10-24 17:29:21 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.
Just like you.
Spake the troll.
You're a clown. At least you didn't pucker-up and kiss chrisv's ass,
which is the usual MO for you Linux-Pimps.
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-24 20:01:08 UTC
Linux Pimps offered nothing of note, thusly:
Linux Pimps
2008-10-24 20:29:02 UTC
I just wanted you to respond. And guess what? What did you do? I see you
talking a lot of trash, IT man.
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-27 09:19:20 UTC
Post by Linux Pimps
I just wanted you to respond. And guess what? What did you do? I see you
talking a lot of trash, IT man.
One man's trash is another man's treasures however your droppings will
be described as nothing but shit by those who adhere to the charter of
this group.
Peter Köhlmann
2008-10-27 09:39:34 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
I just wanted you to respond. And guess what? What did you do? I see you
talking a lot of trash, IT man.
One man's trash is another man's treasures however your droppings will
be described as nothing but shit by those who adhere to the charter of
this group.
Nope. Shit has /some/ value. It can serve as fertilizer.

That nymshifter is unfit even for that.
99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Phil Da Lick!
I stand corrected :)
Linux Pimps
2008-10-27 10:41:18 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Peter Köhlmann
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
I just wanted you to respond. And guess what? What did you do? I see you
talking a lot of trash, IT man.
One man's trash is another man's treasures however your droppings will
be described as nothing but shit by those who adhere to the charter of
this group.
Nope. Shit has /some/ value. It can serve as fertilizer.
That nymshifter is unfit even for that.
I stand corrected :)
Yes, you stand in your own shit experiments while you're at your MS
powered printing press, fake IT director. Maybe, you can get one of your
coworkers to pass you the Charmin.
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-27 12:28:40 UTC
<blahblahblah> fake IT director <blahblahblah>
Prove that claim please.
Linux Pimps
2008-10-27 12:57:54 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
<blahblahblah> fake IT director <blahblahblah>
Prove that claim please.
No, you prove that you are an IT director. You assigning yourself a
little token title doesn't amount to a hill of beans, print man.
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-27 13:12:29 UTC
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
<blahblahblah> fake IT director <blahblahblah>
Prove that claim please.
No, you prove that you are an IT director.
I'll take that as an admission that you can't prove a claim you made
about me then.
Post by Linux Pimps
You assigning yourself a
little token title doesn't amount to a hill of beans, print man.
People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
without proof or backup of any kind.
Linux Pimps
2008-10-27 13:18:24 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
<blahblahblah> fake IT director <blahblahblah>
Prove that claim please.
No, you prove that you are an IT director.
I'll take that as an admission that you can't prove a claim you made
about me then.
What have you proven, other than, you tossed out some kind of token
title you gave yourself?
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
You assigning yourself a
little token title doesn't amount to a hill of beans, print man.
People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
without proof or backup of any kind.
You're the one that told me that you were an IT director, you moron.
That crap came from you about two months ago, as we went at it, you
shoe string budgeted and fake IT director, an honest Joe.

Like I said before, you get real touchy about it. Don't you boy? :-P
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-27 13:24:18 UTC
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
without proof or backup of any kind.
You're the one that told me that you were an IT director, you moron.
What did I tell you about yourself? Nothing. That's because I'm not a
dishonest pathetic little troll hiding behind a keyboard making claims I
cannot back up about other people.
Linux Pimps
2008-10-27 13:47:45 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
without proof or backup of any kind.
You're the one that told me that you were an IT director, you moron.
What did I tell you about yourself? Nothing. That's because I'm not a
dishonest pathetic little troll hiding behind a keyboard making claims I
cannot back up about other people.
You are boring.

And I was under another nym maybe Bee or something when you popped your
mouth about you being an IT director with a damn family own BS printing
business running mission critical Linux solutions and using MS on the
same network. As a matter of fact, you popped it maybe two or three
posts in our first encounter.

I don't forget shit like that from someone. Maybe, you can forget about
the lies that you have told, but I didn't forget that one, about you
being a token IT director, so you claimed with the lie.

<see ya lier>
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-27 13:57:53 UTC
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
What did I tell you about yourself? Nothing. That's because I'm not a
dishonest pathetic little troll hiding behind a keyboard making claims
I cannot back up about other people.
You are boring.
And I was under another nym maybe Bee or something when you popped your
mouth about you being an IT director with a damn family own BS printing
business running mission critical Linux solutions and using MS on the
same network. As a matter of fact, you popped it maybe two or three
posts in our first encounter.
So? All of my claims happen to be true and you cannot prove otherwise.
"Pants on fire" is not proof.
Post by Linux Pimps
I don't forget shit like that from someone. Maybe, you can forget about
the lies that you have told, but I didn't forget that one, about you
being a token IT director, so you claimed with the lie.
I'm also a token financial director and gdb. That's what happens with
small companies. I realise you wintrolls see no inherent value in small
companies but that doesn't change the nature of reality. The fact that a
network has less than 20 machines instead of over 20,000 does not
invalidate its competence or reliability.
Post by Linux Pimps
<see ya lier>
Another baseless claim. Not even an original one.

And I reiterate, making on topic claims about yourself and your
experience of the subject matter does not make you a worthless POS but
making baseless claims you cannot prove about other people does.
Especially when you're a self confessed troll out to make trouble.
William Poaster
2008-10-27 13:46:31 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
People can "assign themselves" or talk about themselves however they
like. Truly dishonest and disreputable people assign things to others
without proof or backup of any kind.
You're the one that told me that you were an IT director, you moron.
What did I tell you about yourself? Nothing. That's because I'm not a
dishonest pathetic little troll hiding behind a keyboard making claims I
cannot back up about other people.
Duh-Inanane Asshole does that a lot. He likes yakking about things he
knows nothing about, especially Linux.
at fleecing the flockers.
chrisv
2008-10-24 14:16:08 UTC
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
You are one real big hypocrite and a joke. You talk trash about a
product, and yet you use the product.
"although at least he uses Linux which
is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick " etc.
Can you read it this time?
What? It doesn't change anything about what I said.
You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.
These trolls are so God-damned stupid that they cannot understand even
simple concepts.

Advocating freedom and choice is one thing.

Refusing to use some of the choices is something else.

The above two concepts are not even close to being the same thing.
Phil Da Lick!
2008-10-24 14:22:04 UTC
Post by chrisv
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
Post by Phil Da Lick!
Post by Linux Pimps
You are one real big hypocrite and a joke. You talk trash about a
product, and yet you use the product.
"although at least he uses Linux which
is more than can be said of Peter Koehlmann, Phil da Lick " etc.
Can you read it this time?
What? It doesn't change anything about what I said.
You're right. Your post is still a load of old toss.
These trolls are so God-damned stupid that they cannot understand even
simple concepts.
Advocating freedom and choice is one thing.
Refusing to use some of the choices is something else.
The above two concepts are not even close to being the same thing.
Makes you wonder what their real motivation is. I can't think of too
many people I know who would accept some of their freedoms being taken
away if they knew about it.
Terry Porter
2008-10-25 02:19:28 UTC
On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:03:40 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

<snip>
Scheswotiw has done far more to discourage new people to post in this
group than anyone else.
Google backs this up nicely.
You wish ... Wintroll.

If anything, after 7 years away from COLA, I see the Wintrolls (like you)
are looking more like a disheveled group of zombies and dead set losers
than ever before.

If Roy is a part of the cause, he is to be congratulated.
Moshe Goldfarb.
2008-10-25 03:40:11 UTC
Post by William Poaster
<snip>
Scheswotiw has done far more to discourage new people to post in this
group than anyone else.
Google backs this up nicely.
You wish ... Wintroll.
If anything, after 7 years away from COLA, I see the Wintrolls (like you)
are looking more like a disheveled group of zombies and dead set losers
than ever before.
If Roy is a part of the cause, he is to be congratulated.
Well maybe you can explain this:

Remember all the people that used to post here in COLA?
All the different Linux advocates?

If you check Google you will see that many of them disappeared shortly
after Roy started his SPAM-O-Matic machine.

Why is that?

And why very little if any new Linux advocate blood in this group?

Why is that?

If Roy is doing such a great job this group should be flooded with Linux
advocates.

It's not.

You know why?

Take a look at COLA via Google groups and it looks just like a SPAM trap.
Like one of those groups infested with Viagra advertisements.

IOW, hundreds of posts from the same person with few if any replies.

People aren't interested in that kind of crap.

They can get news all over the net and they don't need Schestowitz to twist
it and post his version here.

I'll leave you with one thought, all the Windows users from the past are
still here.

It's the Linux advocates from the past that are long gone, and you can take
that to the bank!
--
Moshe Goldfarb
Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
Please Visit www.linsux.org
Linux Pimps
2008-10-25 11:45:18 UTC
Post by Moshe Goldfarb.
Post by William Poaster
[...]
<smile>

And this clown Terry Ben Hur Porter comes back to
Amityville.Linux.Advocacy after 7 years?

The man is a moron. And you're right about Roy. He is a menace to this
NG, and he is death to it too.
High Plains Thumper
2008-10-26 13:18:15 UTC
http://tinyurl.com/6hecfx

Subject: Re: Roy Schestowitz
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 08:37:41 +0100

[quote]
He has software that takes RSS feeds, sorts them, searches for certain
phrases, makes comments taken from a database and spits out the stuff to
every corner of the Internet.
Unlike you - a troll with a chip on your shoulder who manually creates so
much shite aka anti-Roy spam that no-one, that's right, NO-ONE wants to
read, that you've single-handedly reduced the appeal and effectiveness of
a newsgroup.

Please, go create another group and move to it. If you really have a
voice someone wants to listen to, you'll get them moving over to it.

You can get treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder you know !
[/quote]
I'll leave you with one thought, all the Windows users from the past are
still here.
It's the Linux advocates from the past that are long gone, and you can
take that to the bank!

[quote]
7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics

25. Attack new posters who favor Linux
Some of these Linux Advocates may be new to Linux and COLA. Show no
mercy. Pounce upon their innocence with every single one of these
tactics. If you are lucky you might turn them to your side, at the
very least you may be able to drive them out of COLA and neutralize
them as a threat.
[/quote]

http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on PulseAudio, Fedora Live
CDs Interview
Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT

[Quote]
Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but we get a ton of "works for me"
crap in COLA and most times it's just people telling lies.
Well sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm reading these
posts in the Ubuntu group. The only reason they are going to COLA is
because whomever started the thread had it crossposted there...and to
Vista groups, which I removed because this has nothing to do with Vista.

I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time since I'd
just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a month+ ago, and still
checking out apps and learning Linux. There are things I like and things
I don't like.

Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious that you are
completely anti-Linux, just like some are completely anti-MS, and have
such strong preconceived beliefs that it doesn't really matter what
anyone says about any particular Linux item, everyone's a liar, and
nothing works out-of-the-box.
[/Quote]
HPT
Moshe Goldfarb.
2008-10-26 17:04:09 UTC
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:18:15 +0000 (UTC), High Plains Thumper wrote:

You sound like a broken record HPT.
Please Visit www.linsux.org
High Plains Thumper
2008-10-25 11:36:05 UTC
I am not a fan of this chicken-shit NG and the
regular Linux user in it.
Then why continue to come here and look like an
idiot ?
Looking AT an idiot more like it. It's good you're
here Terry. No wonder High Plains Hypocrite was so
pleased. You can take over his mantle as the dumbest
poster in COLA.
That would be the Hadron Quack troll, who can't follow a
thread properly, & mis-attributs what someone said to
someone else!
Except I didn't. Which makes your "me too" even more
hilarious!
Poaster and HPT did the same thing in my printer thread. These
bozos don't even read the posts, let alone the links I supply
which back up my claims.
Yeah, right. This troll posted those alleged problems several
weeks prior in COLA, but not in its thread, then hammers the
responders for not knowing.

The use of the derogatory term "bozos" is not intended to
encourage responses, but rather discourage them. This is
evidence of:

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm

[quote] Subject: 3.4 The nasty Troll

If anyone does anything which will interfere with the troll's
ability to cause mayhem, they can become very nasty, posting
from obviously incorrect variations of the name etc. insults,
call them netcops, netnannies, homosexuals. [/quote]

also

[quote] 7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics [...]

[3.] Put your opponent off guard by insulting him. The
liberal use of profanity and vulgarisms can be very effective,
particularly when used against you more dignified opponents.
Your experience as a school yard bully can be handy here.
[/quote]

Following is an example of "help" provided:

http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on PulseAudio,
Fedora Live CDs Interview
Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT

[Quote]
Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but we get a ton of "works for
me" crap in COLA and most times it's just people telling lies.
Well sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm reading
these posts in the Ubuntu group. The only reason they are going
to COLA is because whomever started the thread had it crossposted
there...and to Vista groups, which I removed because this has
nothing to do with Vista.

I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time
since I'd just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a month+
ago, and still checking out apps and learning Linux. There are
things I like and things I don't like.

Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious that you
are completely anti-Linux, just like some are completely anti-MS,
and have such strong preconceived beliefs that it doesn't really
matter what anyone says about any particular Linux item,
everyone's a liar, and nothing works out-of-the-box.
[/Quote]
Both Poaster and HPT are useless. And boring as well.
Says this troll. We don't tolerate his posting nonsense, which
makes us useless and boring to it.
- "Red" Green
William Poaster
2008-10-25 13:08:16 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
[...]
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Fedora Live CDs Interview
Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT
[Quote]
[...]
Indeed, it's because we don't fall for their drivel.
Funny, isn't it. If we're useless & boring, why do the twin wintrolls
Quack & Flatfish even bother to read us? Why don't they ignore/kf us?
Because like *all* trolls, they *have* to know what's being said about
them!

As for boring & useless, Quack & Flatfish show themselves to be totally
incompetent when it comes to things Linux.

Quack "whine, whine, whine, moan, moan, moan..." etc.

Flatfish "This won't work, that won't work" blah, blah, blah...

What a pair of dummies.
at fleecing the flockers.
Moshe Goldfarb.
2008-10-25 18:38:19 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
[...]
No.
I hammered you idiots for not READING.
It's all there for the taking.

And you are bozos...
It's obvious to anyone who stumbles in here.
Please Visit www.linsux.org
High Plains Thumper
2008-10-25 11:44:38 UTC
Both Poaster and HPT are useless. And boring as well.
And you keep on reading them, and following up to them, and
reading them, and following up to them...
It means we are the next best thing to sliced bread. :-)

Oh, and I saw the insulting Dutch wannabee nymshifter down under
troll post your worksite weblink. It is interesting how they set
up "rules" for forum posters, as an only indicator to disrupt any
beneficial Linux posting in COLA. Yet they feel a superior sense
of exemption.
- "Red" Green
Tattoo Vampire
2008-10-25 13:20:38 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
Oh, and I saw the insulting Dutch wannabee nymshifter down under
troll post your worksite weblink. It is interesting how they set
up "rules" for forum posters, as an only indicator to disrupt any
beneficial Linux posting in COLA. Yet they feel a superior sense
of exemption.
The Dutch Douche is quite a piece of work. I think he wants to be another
Kadaitcha Man. The only problems with that are that KMan is pretty funny at
times, and is also very intelligent.
--
Regards,
[tv]

..."I never met a chocolate I didn't like." --Deanna Troi
Chris Ahlstrom
2008-10-25 15:06:38 UTC
After takin' a swig o' grog, Tattoo Vampire belched out
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by High Plains Thumper
Oh, and I saw the insulting Dutch wannabee nymshifter down under
troll post your worksite weblink. It is interesting how they set
up "rules" for forum posters, as an only indicator to disrupt any
beneficial Linux posting in COLA. Yet they feel a superior sense
of exemption.
The Dutch Douche is quite a piece of work. I think he wants to be another
Kadaitcha Man. The only problems with that are that KMan is pretty funny at
times, and is also very intelligent.
I wonder if Hadron will accuse you of sucking up to K-Man?
You can't judge a book by the way it wears its hair.
High Plains Thumper
2008-10-26 03:16:02 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by High Plains Thumper
Oh, and I saw the insulting Dutch wannabee nymshifter down
under troll post your worksite weblink. It is interesting
how they set up "rules" for forum posters, as an only
indicator to disrupt any beneficial Linux posting in COLA.
Yet they feel a superior sense of exemption.
The Dutch Douche is quite a piece of work. I think he wants
to be another Kadaitcha Man. The only problems with that are
that KMan is pretty funny at times, and is also very
intelligent.
Troll puppets.
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
I wonder if Hadron will accuse you of sucking up to K-Man?
Accusations aren't too hard to come by. Just mention, "Linux".
HPT
High Plains Thumper
2008-10-26 03:30:25 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
Post by High Plains Thumper
[quote] 7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics
12. Blame your stupidity and lies on your opponent.
Blame your own stupidity on the Linux advocate you are
dealing with. Such as when you have made an
unsupportable claim that suggest a list of details and
your are asked to present your non-existent list reply
with, "I don't have to list them for you; you aren't
bright enough to know what you're missing by using X
instead of a real Y, I'm not going to explain it to
you." Then hope that nobody reading the thread
realizes that your statement translates as, "I lack
the knowledge or facts needed to counter your position
or your position is too complete and accurate to be
refuted. So, I will say things to sound superior to
avoid admitting you are right." [...] [/quote]
My advice to casual readers of COLA, killfile this
twisted and bitter child.
No one wants your advice. But I know you'll give it
anyway. It's why COLA exists.
See Paragraph 12 above.
How many times have you called me 'Doofus'?
Lie.
He even lies when he lies. High Plains Hypocrite is
definitely COLA's dumbest poster.
Lie.
[quote] 7.6 Trespasser Disinformation Tactics
23. Lie. Lie, lie, lie, lie. If you do it often enough you
may create the appearance of truth.
46. Accept the claims of other anti-Linux propagandists as
face value. Always treat other anti-Linux propagandist's
statements as being true. Accept their interpretations
without question, don't bother verifying their statements.
If they claim something against a Linux advocate always side
with the anti-Linux propagandists. [/quote]
<snipped> [ignored]
You're like the little boy that cries wolf all of the time.
After awhile, I am sure people just become oblivious to your
postings, as you post the same thing over and over. You are
boring.
http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm

[quote]
Subject: 4.1 Drivel

Posts without interesting content are simple to produce.
Cascades have a long history on usenet, usually containing
wordplays round a specific theme. The Trolls version is a
cascade of drivel. two persons working online to the same
newsserver can throw a thread between themselves and create
very large numbers of posts. One person can throw a thread
between two or more sockpuppets.
[/quote]
HPT
Jesse Dorland
2008-10-26 18:59:06 UTC
I just wrote on my blog: 10 (real) reasons to use ubuntu linux. I
decided to write that to stand out points where linux takes advantage
on windows in real life.
I would like you guys to give it a read, comment, and eventually point
http://www.leo-sa.com/?p=21
best regards!
Leonardo
Hi Leonardo

Loved you article. I am going to be writing something similar in
future for my blog. It
Paul Hovnanian P.E.
2008-10-28 02:48:23 UTC
Identity wrote:
[snip]
To help prevent malicious software from silently installing and causing
computer-wide infection, Microsoft developed the UAC feature. Unlike
previous versions of Windows, when an administrator logs on to a
computer running Windows Vista, the user?s full administrator access
token is split into two access tokens: a full administrator access token
and a standard user access token. During the logon process,
authorization and access control components that identify an
administrator are removed, resulting in a standard user access token.
The standard user access token is then used to start the desktop, the
Explorer.exe process. Because all applications inherit their access
control data from the initial launch of the desktop, they all run as a
standard user as well.
After an administrator logs on, the full administrator access token is
not invoked until the user attempts to perform an administrative task
But, as we all know, for the average PC, the owner IS the administrator.

And, as we all know, when a UAC prompt pops up, to most non-technical
users, it looks like gibberish:

{Blah blah blah, blah. Blah} "innocent sounding function" {blah blah.
Blah.}

[Cancel] or [Allow]

Odds are better than 50-50 that "Allow" gets clicked just to make the
nasty old box go away.

[snip]
Virtualization Process
When an application installer attempts to write a file called Entry.txt
in C:\Program Files, it is silently redirected to a Virtual Store
directory located inside the current user's account. To the application,
things proceed as normal, and it has no idea that it is being
redirected. To the user, the application, too, still appears to be
located at the old, expected location. But because the application is
not access system-wide file locations, it cannot be used to harm the
system. And on multi-user systems, each user will have isolated, local
copies of redirected files. When this action is being invoked by a admin
user, the file entry is done in Program Files itself. This is depicted
in the figures below.
"the file entry is done in Program Files itself"

With or without a UAC prompt?

'Make the nasty box go away! Click anything!'
--
Paul Hovnanian mailto:***@Hovnanian.com
Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.
Linux Pimps
2008-10-28 05:52:16 UTC
Post by Paul Hovnanian P.E.
But, as we all know, for the average PC, the owner IS the administrator.
You stupid clown, you have no *clue* as to what you are talking about.
For the average PC? WTH are you talking about? Do you know?
Post by Paul Hovnanian P.E.
And, as we all know, when a UAC prompt pops up, to most non-technical
But those same PC users will use an personal firewall with application
control in it, and now they a guru's, huh?
Post by Paul Hovnanian P.E.
{Blah blah blah, blah. Blah} "innocent sounding function" {blah blah.
Blah.}
Oh, you're the blah blah *clown*, huh? You seem to fit that bill.
Post by Paul Hovnanian P.E.
[Cancel] or [Allow]
Odds are better than 50-50 that "Allow" gets clicked just to make the
nasty old box go away.
Oh you are the blah blah *clown* and a Los Vegas bookie, huh? And that's
also the clicking process of the ignorant, like you.
Post by Paul Hovnanian P.E.
"the file entry is done in Program Files itself"
How did you get a hold of a computer, you maroon?
Post by Paul Hovnanian P.E.
With or without a UAC prompt?
'Make the nasty box go away! Click anything!'
You are a very stupid person and a *clown*. Yes, you seem to be a person
that would click away on anything under the Sun, like most dumbass home
users like you.
JEDIDIAH
2008-10-28 13:13:27 UTC
Post by Paul Hovnanian P.E.
And, as we all know, when a UAC prompt pops up, to most non-technical
But those same PC users will use an personal firewall with application
control in it, and now they a guru's, huh?
...if they actually know what they're doing, yeah.

Odd are, the average Windows consumer doesn't have any clue what a
"personal firewall with application control" is. They also would have
no clue if they have one or if it's turned on. They have no interest
or aptitude in figuring out what they would need to know to have any
clue.

[deletia]

This becomes pretty obvious in the WinDOS forums as arguments
about security in general quickly degrade into which is better to
use: brand X, brand Y or brand Z.

It's rather amusing really.
--
Sophocles wants his cut. |||