Let's find some more Linux crapware bugs
dfs
2021-07-21 02:39:18 UTC
It's a new day, so there are bound to be more.

openSuse Tumbleweed | KDE

Logitech M325 mouse.

The mouse speed was set a little high for my liking, so I decided to
slow it down.

Start | Settings | System Settings | Input Devices | Mouse

Flat means the pointer moves the same distance no matter how fast you
move the mouse

Adaptive means the pointer moves further the faster you move the mouse.

I checked Flat

Now slide the Pointer Speed to the last check mark on the left (slowest)

The setting changes aren't applied until you hit Apply.

Hit Apply

Or don't. It won't hurt your system, but what will happen is the slow
mouse setting will be made and the Apply button will be grayed out. And
because the crapware developers don't bother to test their sloppy
programs, the mouse pointer will now barely, barely move. It will take
at least a minute to move the pointer a few inches. When it first
happened I thought it had killed my mouse. I turned it off and back on,
seemed fine. So I hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to logout and back in, but the
mouse was back to life on that logout screen. So I hit Cancel to bring
me back in, and the slow setting was still there. I had to use Alt+Tab
and navigate via keyboard back to the Mouse setting screen, and tab
through until I could change the setting back to the middle speed.

A total hobbyware fiasco.

So test it if you want, but it's not so easy to recover from.

MS is doomed.
DFS
2021-07-23 23:42:15 UTC
Post by dfs
[...]
Before I posted the above I didn't even test it in Windows, because I
already knew MS doesn't let slopware like that out the door.

The slowest mouse setting in Windows is slow, but still manageable to
get your pointer across the screen. With Linux hobbyware, the slowest
mouse setting essentially freezes the pointer in place.

MS is doomed.
Branimir Maksimovic
2021-07-24 00:40:51 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by dfs
[...]
Who pays you to waste your time on meaningless things like this?
I adjust mouse speed with mouse button, regardless of OS...
bmaxa now listens Breathe by Decoded Feedback from Bio-Vital
DFS
2021-07-24 15:01:18 UTC
Post by Branimir Maksimovic
Post by dfs
MS is doomed.
Who pays you to waste your time on meaningless things like this?
I adjust mouse speed with mouse button, regardless of OS...
What I'm hearing is: "Thanks for finding that shitware bug before it bit
me in the ass."

You're welcome.
Steve Carroll
2021-07-24 16:40:58 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by dfs
[...]
Already moved on from that. You are too slow!

Generally, I would not call something like Silver Slimer's comments a delusion
until you challenge it and he responds with the shifting of goal posts because
even he knows the details are wrong. He is a moron - folks have auto-read
his flooding. What he really can not make is one that keeps switching names,
then the auto-posts have a shot at being a fraction as bothersome as he is.

A meaningless discourse by pseudo-experts, magnified by the reciprocal of
an infinite twin prime, demonstrating the vast nothingness of Silver Slimer's
so-called thought process. I am well aware the posts I link to from Michael
Glasser Snit is merely beginner level; that said, it serves its purpose.
That is exactly what's occurred. Michael Glasser Snit likes to leave out
such nettlesome little particulars, though. Who else do we know who pulls
look alike bunk? Oh, that's right, Silver Slimer. Our second Silver Slimer.
LOL.

-
"You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about him.
He clearly wants the attention"
Steven Petruzzellis, making the dumbest comment ever uttered.

Stephen - frelwizen
2021-07-24 06:01:02 UTC
Post by dfs
[...]
Everyone is Despicable Owl -- the oldest gag in the book.

Despicable Owl: <rqebpk$f4d$***@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>
-----
Post by dfs
An "entire bot"? Meaning you are saying it is part of one?
That's all any of the code demos I've shown -hh
are, for years now.
-----

But then Despicable Owl flip flops:

Despicable Owl: <rqk10g$j1c$***@fretwizzer.eternal-september.org>
-----
So... these are "parts" the size of "code snippets", written in
AS, in this thread, not "the past"
(lock the medicine cabinet and come down from your high)."
-----

Despicable Owl starts with "for years now" but then denies that is in
the past. And Despicable Owl insists the code from the past was not tied
to bots... directly contradicting themselves. Generally, I would not call
something like Despicable Owl's claims a delusion right up until you negate
it and Despicable Owl responds with the gibberish without offering any
evidence. Was that meant to be clever? Translation: "Despicable Owl" is
now FULLY unable to hide his forging.
Curious how these posts are made? Email: ***@gallopinginsanity.com
Dustic Cook the Fucntionally Illiterate Fraud
2021-07-24 15:21:13 UTC
Post by dfs
[...]
For the record, taking effort maybe learning isn't a waste. Thinking you
know everything and making an effort to 'prove' Dustin Cook that it is true?
THAT is a waste ;)

The guy is as well liked as a rattle snake in a lucky dip -- and with good
reason.

Owl claims to be the scripting master. Let's see him put up a form without
the automated constructs.

--
"You'll notice how quickly he loses interest when everything is about him.
He clearly wants the attention"
Steve Carroll, making the dumbest comment ever uttered.