Top 23 say Learn Java and Linux
Rex Ballard
2010-05-16 01:57:54 UTC
Of the top 25 the ones with MS are in the Microsoft camp, meaning they
write software exclusively to the Microsoft API toolkits and
exclusively for Windows.
MS - In the Microsoft camp

Software Sftwr
# Company Revenue Grwth
MS 1 Microsoft 49,453 10% 61,900 80% more
2 IBM 22,089 11% 103,630 21%
more >>
3 Oracle 17,560 17% 22,102 79% more >>
4 HP 11,604 8% 16,111 72% more >>
5 Symantec 5,692 8% 6,152 93%
more >>
6 Activision Blizzard 4,622 73% 5,032
92% more >>
7 Lockheed Martin 4,186 6% 42,731 10%
8 Electronic Arts 4,268 29% 4,268 100%
more >>
9 CA 3,936 4% 4,305 91% more >>
10 Adobe 3,361 10% 3,544 95% more >>
11 EMC 3,171 3% 14,876 21% more >>
12 SunGard 2,015 17% 5,596 36% more >>
13 Cisco 1,984 14% 39,455 5% more >>
14 Autodesk 1,982 1% 2,303 86% more
15 BMC 1,585 2% 1,698 93% more >>
16 Take-Two Interactive 1,452 48% 1,452
100% more >>
17 NCR 1,431 6% 5,315 27% more >>
MS 18 Intuit 1,383 -3% 2,800 49% more >>
19 Synopsys 1,200 11% 1,341 89% more
20 Citrix 1,180 11% 1,583 75% more >>
21 VMWare 1,178 30% 1,881 63% more >>
22 Apple 1,131 29% 34,526 3% more >>
23 SAS Institute 1,130 5% 2,260 50% more
24 Infor 1,100 5% 2,200 50% more >>
25 Salesforce.com 959 45% 1,049 91% more
That's right.
Nearly all of the others write at least some of their applications,
and most of their newer applications, for multiple platforms,
including Windows, Linux, Mac, Unix, and Mainframes.

The only reason Intuit wasn't purchased by Microsoft is because a
federal court ruled that letting Microsoft gain a monopoly over
people's financial records was giving them way too much power. But
Microsoft did try.

So unless you have a paycheck from Microsoft, it's probably a good
idea to learn at least one or two multiplatform languages, especially
Java.

And yes, you still need to know Windows too.
Homer
2010-05-16 02:53:24 UTC
Post by Rex Ballard
And yes, you still need to know Windows too.
I don't.

Never have, and never will.
--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| When all else fails, MOVE.L 4.W,A6 and JSR -726(A6)
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5
03:52:03 up 45 days, 13:42, 3 users, load average: 0.20, 0.15, 0.05
DFS
2010-05-16 14:07:02 UTC
Liar.
Clogwog
2010-05-16 14:35:49 UTC
Post by Homer
Post by Rex Ballard
And yes, you still need to know Windows too.
I don't.
Never have, and never will.
Liar.
Un_fucking_believable!!
Almost every post this liar spews into COLON (err.. COLA) is about Windows,
Microsoft or related!
Why do Linux loons lie so much?????????????
Hadron
2010-05-16 15:13:39 UTC
Post by Clogwog
Post by Homer
Post by Rex Ballard
And yes, you still need to know Windows too.
I don't.
Never have, and never will.
Liar.
Un_fucking_believable!!
Almost every post this liar spews into COLON (err.. COLA) is about Windows,
Microsoft or related!
Why do Linux loons lie so much?????????????
My favorite "porky" today was Liarmutt talking about people being locked
into Windows development. He forgot to mention in the thread that so is
he. You would have though he was a big fat smug bearded one for a minute
there.
Tattoo Vampire
2010-05-16 19:20:57 UTC
Post by Hadron
My favorite "porky" today was Liarmutt talking about people being locked
into Windows development. He forgot to mention in the thread that so is
he. You would have though he was a big fat smug bearded one for a minute
there.
If you lick Clogwog's sphincter enough, he might promote you to ball
fondler.
--
Regards,
[tv]

...Procrastination Day Has Been Postponed!
Clogwog
2010-05-16 20:09:10 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Hadron
My favorite "porky" today was Liarmutt talking about people being locked
into Windows development. He forgot to mention in the thread that so is
he. You would have though he was a big fat smug bearded one for a minute
there.
If you lick Clogwog's sphincter enough, he might promote you to ball
fondler.
Fantasizing about Marti again, now are you!
You are the "experienced" ball fondler, remember!
[q]
"A little experimentation in college does not make one gay"
http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8158b1dcb1bab083?hl=nl&dmode=source&output=gplain
[/q]
Moshe
2010-05-16 21:55:44 UTC
Post by Clogwog
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Hadron
My favorite "porky" today was Liarmutt talking about people being locked
into Windows development. He forgot to mention in the thread that so is
he. You would have though he was a big fat smug bearded one for a minute
there.
If you lick Clogwog's sphincter enough, he might promote you to ball
fondler.
Fantasizing about Marti again, now are you!
You are the "experienced" ball fondler, remember!
[q]
"A little experimentation in college does not make one gay"
http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8158b1dcb1bab083?hl=nl&dmode=source&output=gplain
[/q]
Amazing.
Linux advocacy seems to attract the homosexuals like flies to
shit.

I guess you could say that Linux is the Mini Cooper, Chrysler
Sebring Convertible of the operating system world.
hotfoot
2010-05-16 23:27:00 UTC
Post by Moshe
Amazing.
Linux advocacy seems to attract the homosexuals like flies to shit.
You should warn people to put their coffee down before handing them a
straight line like that. 8-)
Tattoo Vampire
2010-05-16 21:56:26 UTC
Post by Clogwog
You are the "experienced" ball fondler, remember!
[q]
"A little experimentation in college does not make one gay"
http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8158b1dcb1bab083?hl=nl&dmode=source&output=gplain
[/q]
I've never used OE to post to Usenet. More likely it's you forging my name,
you hairless twat.

Moshe
Post by Tattoo Vampire
You are the "experienced" ball fondler, remember! [q] "A little
experimentation in college does not make one gay"
http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8158b1dcb1bab083?hl=nl&dmode=source&output=gplain
[/q]
Format=Flowed; Response X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express
6.00.2900.5512
I've never used OE to post to Usenet. More likely it's you forging my
name, you hairless twat.
Flatfish sometimes posts as Clogwog and is a nymthief to boot. He also
accuses advocates of nymshifting when they haven't. The whole lot are
amoral.
HPT
Moshe
2010-05-17 00:20:06 UTC
Post by High Plains Thumper
Post by Tattoo Vampire
You are the "experienced" ball fondler, remember! [q] "A little
experimentation in college does not make one gay"
http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/8158b1dcb1bab083?hl=nl&dmode=source&output=gplain
[/q]
Format=Flowed; Response X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express
6.00.2900.5512
I've never used OE to post to Usenet. More likely it's you forging my
name, you hairless twat.
Flatfish sometimes posts as Clogwog and is a nymthief to boot. He also
accuses advocates of nymshifting when they haven't. The whole lot are
amoral.
Yawn.
More baseless accusations coming from the nym shifter himself.

Notice how HPT goes on the offense when he gets caught.

It's like clockwork.
Rex Ballard
2010-05-16 23:26:00 UTC
[who quote snipped because it was irrelevant]

Another WinTroll attempt to take a good thread into the sewer with
sleasy personal attacks.

Leave the second grade playground antics at home please.

Especially the Linux advocates.
Homer
2010-05-17 02:16:00 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Hadron
My favorite "porky" today was Liarmutt talking about people being
locked into Windows development. He forgot to mention in the thread
that so is he. You would have though he was a big fat smug bearded
one for a minute there.
If you lick Clogwog's sphincter enough, he might promote you to ball
fondler.
I didn't see the crux of Hardon's banal response, but I should add that
I was lucky in that I come from the pre-Microsoft generation, and thus
managed to quite easily avoid their software, both in education and
work. Although in the latter years I was asked on two occasions (by two
different agencies) to work on Microsoft-stack related contracts,
however I refused on the simple premise that I have zero professional
Microsoft qualifications or experience. I didn't need to expand on that
explanation.

Today's workforce is an entirely different animal, since most of them
were force fed Microsoft from primary/junior school upwards, in closed
bid contracts that didn't even offer them alternatives, then "protected"
with secret MoUs so the taxpayer can't even see how much they're being
ripped off, or how bent these "deals" are (exclusion contracts). Or IOW,
Microsoft's usual racket.
--
K.
http://slated.org

.----

03:15:42 up 46 days, 13:06, 2 users, load average: 3.88, 3.48, 3.35
Rex Ballard
2010-05-16 23:22:32 UTC
Post by Homer
Post by Rex Ballard
And yes, you still need to know Windows too.
I don't.
Never have, and never will.
Liar.
He might be like a lost of Windows-only programmers.

Self-employed one-trick ponies who can make a living writing IE ASPs
to MS-SQL Databases.

Linux-Only gurus have a significantly wider range of markets -
especially in the server markets, but they probably won't be like this
for months.

There's quite a collection of them in New York's Silicon Alley, they
create web content for Madison Avenue agencies uptown.
Rex Ballard
2010-05-16 19:49:54 UTC
Post by Homer
Post by Rex Ballard
And yes, you still need to know Windows too.
I don't.
Never have, and never will.
Which of those Top 100 companies listed do you work for?
K.http://slated.org
Homer
2010-05-17 02:28:59 UTC
Post by Rex Ballard
Post by Homer
Post by Rex Ballard
And yes, you still need to know Windows too.
I don't.
Never have, and never will.
Which of those Top 100 companies listed do you work for?
I got paid.

What else matters?

But if some gambler's pop chart fascinates you so much, then it may help
you to know many of my contracts were oil related, so I'm sure most, if
not all, of them are in there somewhere.

Not that I care, beyond the fact that they, like probably most of the
rest in that pop chart, are a bunch of rats gnawing each other's heads off.
--
K.
http://slated.org

.----

03:28:39 up 46 days, 13:19, 2 users, load average: 3.67, 3.49, 3.39
Roy Schestowitz
2010-05-16 20:13:57 UTC
____/ Homer on Sunday 16 May 2010 03:53 : \____
Post by Homer
Post by Rex Ballard
And yes, you still need to know Windows too.
I don't.
Never have, and never will.
Some jobs might require it; the ones I've had over the past decade (about 6) were all open
to GNU/Linux. Times have changed.

- --
~~ Best of wishes

Dr. Roy S. Schestowitz | Windows: slippery when dry. You have been warned.
Swap: 4088500k total, 417880k used, 3670620k free, 264040k cached
Homer
2010-05-17 02:32:42 UTC
Post by Homer
Post by Rex Ballard
And yes, you still need to know Windows too.
I don't.
Never have, and never will.
Some jobs might require it; the ones I've had over the past decade
(about 6) were all open to GNU/Linux. Times have changed.
Well it's a good job I'm retired then, because I'd rather empty garbage
cans for a living than Work for gangsters.
--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| When all else fails, MOVE.L 4.W,A6 and JSR -726(A6)
`----

Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5
03:32:11 up 46 days, 13:22, 2 users, load average: 3.66, 3.56, 3.44