Get the hint, Relf
General Protection Fault
2004-09-27 20:28:02 UTC
When *everyone* that sees your code says it's crap, chances are it's crap,
even though you don't think so.

Your code is crap.
--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
3:25PM up 16 days, 21:48, 1 user, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Jeff Relf
2004-09-27 20:38:19 UTC
Hi General Protection Fault,

You commented: <<

When * everyone * that sees your code says it's crap,
chances are it's crap, even though you don't think so.

Your code is crap. >>

If you knew anything about programming you wouldn't say that.

But you don't. Pois é... See if I care.
General Protection Fault
2004-09-27 20:41:46 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi General Protection Fault,
You commented: <<
When * everyone * that sees your code says it's crap,
chances are it's crap, even though you don't think so.
Your code is crap. >>
If you knew anything about programming you wouldn't say that.
We both know something about programming, but I know something about
programming with others, and you clearly don't.
3:40PM up 16 days, 22:03, 1 user, load averages: 0.06, 0.03, 0.01
Jeff Relf
2004-09-27 21:35:34 UTC

You wrote: <<

I know something about programming with others,
and you clearly don't. >>

I've programmed with other programmers,
including on Unix-like systems.

But by far I've programmed alone, even on large projects.

I once had a whole office to myself,
I usually had the whole suite to myself too.
( on Dexter Ave., downtown Seattle )

Same deal when I worked on the 19th floor of
the copper-colored City Center Building
next to the Bellevue Transit Center in downtown Bellevue.
( formerly the Koll center, 27 stories )

And whenever one of our salesmen did show up,
it was usually party time... not work time.

Right now I mainly program in bed... I never commute.
The most I ever do is stroll one block to the Univ. of Wash.

So yes, my experience has likely been
quite different from yours.
Phil Da Lick!
2004-09-28 15:20:36 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Right now I mainly program in bed... I never commute.
The most I ever do is stroll one block to the Univ. of Wash.
So yes, my experience has likely been
quite different from yours.
and you expect others tp use your products?

any it manager worth his salt would not adopt a product that is maintained
by one person who could not be easily replaced for further development.
that'd be just .... crazy
Jeff Relf
2004-10-01 04:05:00 UTC
Hi Phil Da Lick,

Re: How I am the sole programmer for most of my code,

You asked:
" and you expect others tp use your products ? "

Thousands do,
every year for over 11 years now ( with my current job ).

You commented: <<

any it manager worth his salt would not adopt a product
that is maintained by one person
who could not be easily replaced for further development.
that'd be just .... crazy >>

Well, I don't have an IT manager,
And I'm not looking for one either.

Me and my professor just work a small contract.
John Bailo
2004-10-01 04:06:48 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Well, I don't have an IT manager,
And I'm not looking for one either.
That which is unnecessary...falls away...
Post by Jeff Relf
Me and my professor just work a small contract.
Yet, your Professor *is* your IT manager.
--
Texeme http://www.texeme.com
Interpol http://www.interpolny.com
DFS
2004-09-27 21:41:31 UTC
Post by General Protection Fault
When *everyone* that sees your code says it's crap, chances are it's
crap, even though you don't think so.
Your code is crap.
Jeff,

You have a working newsreader you use to post to cola, something few to none
of these cola clowns (nor me) has written. Very cool.

So why take the abuse? Clean up your code a bit, and tell these Linux
assholes to get bent.

Like this: va fungool bella menas.
Jeff Relf
2004-09-27 22:08:15 UTC
Hi DFS,

You wrote: <<

You have a working newsreader you use to post to cola,
something few to none of these cola clowns ( nor me )
has written. Very cool.

So why take the abuse ?
Clean up your code a bit,
and tell these Linux assholes to get bent. >>

Right, if I thought anyone here knew
what they were talking about I might be offended.

My X.CPP is clean, I say,
it's just missing a lot of features that's all.

I think I'm going to add a bunch of features tomorrow,
so... hopefully... I'll disappear for a bit.

P.S. I was expecting people to comment
on my Google-esque scoring system that I recently posted.
It's like _ PageRank _ a.k.a. " pop-links ".

Here's how things stand now...
( Bailo has made it into the list )

If a handle replied to 90 handles
then each of it's " votes " ( direct replies )
would initially be worth 1 / 90.

At the end of an iteration,
if a handle received 2 votes worth, say: 1 / 50 and 1 / 25,
the value of it's votes would be bumped to
( 1 + 1 / 50 + 1 / 25 ) / 90 for the next iteration.
...9 iterations were preformed.

113 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
Loop() is a fine piece of code.
Party time !
Pois é... See if I care.
America's future.
Rex's world vs. Joe's world.
My issues vs. Mr. Nobody's issues.
Judging source code.
My issues vs. Kelsey's issues .
MLW is worried about his career ?
I'm not building a resume.
105 Mike Cox, Uni-Berlin.DE, KNode/0.7.2
Re: My CD burner. Does it work under linux?
Will Kerry Stop Linux from Taking Jobs?
Open Office looks ugly.
The Trackball mouse IS supported in Linux.
Linux Advocacy is about putting other people down.
New computers every year?
As long as its not linux
Vigor. A clone of Clippy!?
The only non-macro function needed in main()
Groklaw IBM, and the Linux astroturfers.
101 DFS, Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Re: Get the hint, Relf
Critical OSS bug found after nearly 5 years: scary
OO.o: How does it mangle thee? Let me count the ways.
OpenOffice.org on Windows: memory hog and slow
Open Office Basic vs. Excel VBA
Here's where you Linux hall monitors can report big, bad
Online Linux updates? Not if you want your system to ru
Another day, another Linux\OSS update that breaks someth
72 Linønut, Comcast.COM, Outlook 5.5
Re: Fools: Linux will never win the desktop.
Cox's thread is a piece of tape
Mike Cox, unfunny and unloved
Mike Cox, can't find his assss with both hands
Senate Panel Approves Anti-Microsoft Bill
"We need to get paid!"
Kick Microsoft off of the Internet!
X and videos and 2.4 vs 2.6
Seeing Windoze errors on Linux
49 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Re: Certain Linux "Advocates" Spell DOOM for Linux
Wintrolls - They acutally exist
Windows is for experts
Cussing statistics
43 John Bailo, VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Re: Take It To The Choir...
Sinister Midget: The Jesse Jackson of COLA
Take It To The Choir...
Washington: An Import State
Good Government
The Lysenko Of Software
No, it is one side.
SupraNews news reader
Virgin Classic 160K streams in Ogg Vorbis
I want less
42 Rex Ballard, Google.COM,
Re: Friday~1 the thirteenth borks Primary Domain Control
Some helpful guidence - Re: As long as its not linux
The Linux Business Model - Re: Microsoft: To secure IE,
40 Liam Slider, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Re: Critical OSS bug found after nearly 5 years: scary
Ease of Software Installation
38 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Re: Download Time Remaining stupidity
Google Conforms to Chinese Censorship
Fight time at Red Hat
Security hype: IT press "doing more harm than good"
Philly's citywide mesh Wi-Fi net will be challenge
Senate Panel Approves Anti-Spyware Bill
Does your PC help send 70 per cent of spam?
Security vendors are "bullshitting" users
Exploit posted for Microsoft JPEG flaw
38 Edwin, tWxc Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
Re: Thoughts about The Begin Bug
Just signed up for a Slackware subscription.
Oxy-2-Chloroacetyl-Dihydrobenzo-Formylphenyl-1-1-Methyl-2-Sulfanilic-Acid
2004-09-27 22:14:59 UTC
I have to stop cutting people's faces out photographs.
You fowling, frothy, straggly taxi driver.
Edwin
Why doesn't his "working newsreader" provide standard quoting characters?
Jeff Relf
2004-09-27 23:15:42 UTC
Hi Edwin,

Re: My hand-rolled newsreader, X,

You asked DFS: <<

Why doesn't his " working newsreader "
provide standard quoting characters ? >>

My quoting is hand-crafted.

I think it's superior to automated methods.

I get tons of replies, more than anyone else here ( lately )
...maybe you should emulate me.
Rick
2004-09-27 23:37:40 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Edwin,
Re: My hand-rolled newsreader, X,
You asked DFS: <<
Why doesn't his " working newsreader "
provide standard quoting characters ? >>
My quoting is hand-crafted.
I think it's superior to automated methods.
The overwhelming number of those repleis are telling you your software is
crap, you are crap, or both.
Post by Jeff Relf
I get tons of replies, more than anyone else here ( lately )
...maybe you should emulate me.
Why emulate crap?
Rick
Kasif al-Amin
2004-09-27 23:44:29 UTC
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
You quibbling, stereophonic, outback grease monkey.
Jeff Relf
2004-09-27 23:53:31 UTC
Hi Rick,

Re: My suggestion that
Edwin might do well to emulate my quoting style,

You rhetorically asked me: " Why emulate crap ? "

Rick, Even if I was as bad as you seem to think,
...why be so rude ?

You could use a modicum of decorum, I say.
Rick
2004-09-28 02:41:18 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Rick,
Re: My suggestion that
Edwin might do well to emulate my quoting style,
You rhetorically asked me: " Why emulate crap ? "
Rick, Even if I was as bad as you seem to think,
...why be so rude ?
Because you can't take a hint.
Post by Jeff Relf
You could use a modicum of decorum, I say.
Take your own advice.
Rick
Edwin
2004-09-28 14:59:34 UTC
Post by Rick
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Rick,
Re: My suggestion that
Edwin might do well to emulate my quoting style,
You rhetorically asked me: " Why emulate crap ? "
Rick, Even if I was as bad as you seem to think,
...why be so rude ?
Because you can't take a hint.
If ever you need to demonstrate to anyone what irony is, show them Rick's
reply in this post.
He hasn't been rude to you, Rick.
Rick
Rick
Edwin
That you're a hypocritical idiot.
Rick
2004-10-02 14:33:43 UTC
Post by Edwin
Post by Rick
Post by Edwin
Post by Rick
Post by Jeff Relf
You could use a modicum of decorum, I say.
Take your own advice.
He hasn't been rude to you, Rick.
... your point?
That you're a hypocritical idiot.
Then you haven't made your point.
Rick
Martin O'Brien
2004-10-02 14:32:47 UTC
what does sex feel like?
I'm out of sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
Curtis Bass
2004-09-29 17:55:00 UTC
Post by Edwin
He hasn't been rude to you, Rick.
Technically, he's being rude to the entire USENET community every time
he posts an article with that piece-of-shit newsreader of his.
--
Curtis Bass "Google is irrelevant"
Technical Consultant Dave Tholen -- 09/18/2004
Edwin
2004-10-02 14:15:51 UTC
Post by Edwin
He hasn't been rude to you, Rick.
Technically, he's being rude to the entire USENET community every time he
posts an article with that piece-of-shit newsreader of his.
Nonsense. The whole Usenet community doesn't see his posts, and the
formatting choice he makes in his short posts are not "rudeness."

Rudeness is what Rick Hatton did, quoting entire posts to add one word
"BONK," at the bottom, and then calling the people who challenged that
practice "stupid."
Ralph
2004-10-02 14:22:00 UTC
Post by Edwin
Post by Edwin
He hasn't been rude to you, Rick.
Technically, he's being rude to the entire USENET community every time he
posts an article with that piece-of-shit newsreader of his.
Nonsense. The whole Usenet community doesn't see his posts, and the
formatting choice he makes in his short posts are not "rudeness."
Rudeness is what Rick Hatton did, quoting entire posts to add one word
"BONK," at the bottom, and then calling the people who challenged that
practice "stupid."
So it is stupid, why are you out trying to controll everyone's posting
habits with constant harassment?
--
Wow, not only can't the Mutt nuts back up the claim that Mutt is widely
used, it seems they can't even prove that Mutt is used by 0.1% of email
users! What a laugh!
Curtis Bass
2004-10-04 22:28:05 UTC
Post by Edwin
Post by Edwin
He hasn't been rude to you, Rick.
Technically, he's being rude to the entire USENET community every time he
posts an article with that piece-of-shit newsreader of his.
Nonsense. The whole Usenet community doesn't see his posts
Pedant point noted, but that part of the USENET community onto which he
inflicts his articles _can_ see them, and the whole of USENET is a
potential target.
Post by Edwin
and the
formatting choice he makes in his short posts are not "rudeness."
Yes they are, when they abandon standard methods for no good reason and
make reading articles more difficult as a result.
Post by Edwin
Rudeness is what Rick Hatton did, quoting entire posts to add one word
"BONK," at the bottom, and then calling the people who challenged that
practice "stupid."
Providing another example does not nullify the first example provided.
Rick
2004-10-04 22:34:06 UTC
(snip)
Post by Curtis Bass
Post by Edwin
Rudeness is what Rick Hatton did, quoting entire posts to add one word
"BONK," at the bottom, and then calling the people who challenged that
practice "stupid."
Providing another example does not nullify the first example provided.
... and Edwin, as usual, hasn't kept his history straight. I have provided
message excerpts to him in another thread.
Rick
Curtis Bass
2004-10-04 23:08:25 UTC
Post by Rick
(snip)
Post by Curtis Bass
Post by Edwin
Rudeness is what Rick Hatton did, quoting entire posts to add one word
"BONK," at the bottom, and then calling the people who challenged that
practice "stupid."
Providing another example does not nullify the first example provided.
... and Edwin, as usual, hasn't kept his history straight. I have provided
message excerpts to him in another thread.
By failing to challenge the accuracy of Edwin's claim, I implicitly
agreed that it was accurate. My apologies. My intent wasn't to
validate his claim, only to assert that his claim has no impact on the
validity of my claim.
Rick
Rick
Jeff Relf
2004-10-04 22:55:40 UTC
Hi Curtis Bass,

You claim that I: <<

abandon standard methods for no good reason and
make reading articles more difficult as a result. >>

I use handcrafted quoting, perhaps you should do the same.

According to my highly objective analysis of Cola
using a variant of PageRank(TM),
I am currently the most read person in Cola.

If you have a problem reading my posts
( or my C++ code for WinXP ) then may I suggest that
the problem is almost entirely on your end.
Curtis Bass
2004-10-04 23:01:37 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
may I suggest that
the problem is almost entirely on your end.
You may "suggest" any damned thing you please, Relf; being wrong seems
to be your forte.
Edwin
2004-09-28 15:08:46 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
I get tons of replies, more than anyone else here ( lately )
...maybe you should emulate me.
Why emulate crap?
Believe it or not, folks, Rick claims to be a college educated man, who has
taught high school for many years.

You'd never guess it from his posts, would you?
Rick
2004-09-28 21:00:21 UTC
Post by Edwin
Post by Jeff Relf
I get tons of replies, more than anyone else here ( lately )
...maybe you should emulate me.
Why emulate crap?
Believe it or not, folks, Rick claims to be a college educated man, who has
taught high school for many years.
I don't 'claim', I am.
Post by Edwin
You'd never guess it from his posts, would you?
As I have said before, this is not a formal forum. Formal speech, here, is
not understood. The vernacular reigns. When my spell check doesn't work, I
don't take the time to worry about it. In short, Eddies, I generally treat
the likes of you and Relf better than you deserve.
Rick
Washupavu Wamchukue
2004-09-28 20:59:51 UTC
I noticed a bump on my leg that I have never noticed before. Am I dying
of cancer?
You fumbling, garish, effete hoofed mammal.
Edwin
2004-09-28 21:37:14 UTC
Post by Rick
Post by Edwin
Post by Jeff Relf
I get tons of replies, more than anyone else here ( lately )
...maybe you should emulate me.
Why emulate crap?
Believe it or not, folks, Rick claims to be a college educated man, who has
taught high school for many years.
I don't 'claim', I am.
Despite all appearances to the contrary? How gullible do you expect your
readers to be?
Post by Rick
Post by Edwin
You'd never guess it from his posts, would you?
As I have said before, this is not a formal forum. Formal speech, here, is
not understood. The vernacular reigns. When my spell check doesn't work, I
don't take the time to worry about it. In short, Eddies, I generally treat
the likes of you and Relf better than you deserve.
It's not bad enough you're so stupid that make yourself look mentally
retarded by your posts, you're a megalomaniac on top of it.

Why don't you explain the 'brilliance' that lead you quote an entire page of
text in a reply, so that you could add the single word "BONK" at the bottom?
n***@nowhere.nonet
2004-09-28 06:06:40 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Edwin,
[ Reformatted with RelfRequote ]
Post by Jeff Relf
My quoting is hand-crafted.
I think it's superior to automated methods.
Bullshit. Your quoting is automated. Here's the code that does it:

Sh ("\n%s, %s\n\n%s\n%s\nHi %s,\n\nRe: ,\n\nYou wrote: << ",
Date, BB, To, Sub, Nam);

// [Code that puts the text in not quoted]

Sh (">>");
Jeff Relf
2004-10-01 04:20:48 UTC
Hi Mr. Nobody,

Re: My hand-crafted ( not automated ) quoting,

You wrote: <<

Bullshit. Your quoting is automated.
Here's the code that does it:

Sh ("\n%s, %s\n\n%s\n%s\nHi %s,\n\nRe: ,\n\nYou wrote: << ",
Date, BB, To, Sub, Nam);

// [Code that puts the text in not quoted]

Sh (">>"); >>

That code ( which is only for e-mails right now )
intentionally doesn't wrap or indent anything,
...as I prefer to do that by hand.
Phil Da Lick!
i think it's annoying.
Linix is good
2004-09-30 17:24:16 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Edwin,
Re: My hand-rolled newsreader, X,
You asked DFS: <<
Why doesn't his " working newsreader "
provide standard quoting characters ? >>
My quoting is hand-crafted.
I think it's superior to automated methods.
I get tons of replies, more than anyone else here ( lately )
...maybe you should emulate me.
Jeff, The welfare and food stamp systems in the state of Washington
are already stressed enough with your continued drain.

Please don't encourage anyone else.
Greg Copeland
2004-10-04 22:51:45 UTC
begin On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 22:54:14 +0000, Edwin wrote:

[snip]
Post by Edwin
Why doesn't his "working newsreader" provide standard quoting characters?
That's the reason I don't read 95% of his postings. His quoting makes
reading his wierd posts, painful. Readers easily parse standard quoting.
The use of standard quoting was made standard, exactly so people don't
have to thing hard to figure out who said, what, when. In short, standard
quoting is in place so that readers can easily enhance comprehension of
what can obviously be, rather complex threads.

What's really surprising is, someone that works in the world of academia,
yet refuses to use standard means/styles of communication. Oddly enough,
this same principal seems to be core to his style of coding too.

That all seems fairly odd to me.

Cheers,

Greg
Jeff Relf
2004-10-04 23:16:48 UTC
Hi Greg Copeland,

Re: My handcrafted ( not mechanical ) quoting,

You wrote: <<

That's the reason I don't read 95% of his postings.
His quoting makes reading his weird posts, painful. >>

My quoting methods ( like my coding methods ) are superior.

According to my very objective analysis of Cola
using a variant of Google's PageRank(tm)
I'm currently the most read person here.

So I suggest you:

1. Copy my methods, and
2. Improve your reading skills.
Curtis Bass
2004-10-04 23:22:38 UTC
You wrote: <<
That's the reason I don't read 95% of his postings.
His quoting makes reading his weird posts, painful. >>
My quoting methods ( like my coding methods ) are superior.
No, you're delusional.
Post by Jeff Relf
According to my very objective analysis of Cola
using a variant of Google's PageRank(tm)
I'm currently the most read person here.
And you make the fallicious jump from this fact to "Jeff Relf's Quoting
Methods Are Superior", illustrating your delusion in the process.
Post by Jeff Relf
1. Copy my methods, and
2. Improve your reading skills.
Earth to Relf: Make your code easier to read. The problem is with you.
And nobody with an IQ higher than their shoe size will ever copy your
pitiful "methods", so try to get over yourself.
John Bailo
2004-10-04 23:34:34 UTC
Post by Curtis Bass
Earth to Relf: Make your code easier to read. The problem is with you.
And nobody with an IQ higher than their shoe size will ever copy your
pitiful "methods", so try to get over yourself.
Well it certainly raises a /paradox/ in the *Open* source world.

Code that is readable, may not be the best code.

But because its /readable/, it may be widely adopted.

Hence, *Openness* becomes a criterion for evaluating code, that is, very
bland, but well documented code, would become widespread.

Conversely efficient, or elegant code, may be hindered.
--
http://www.texeme.com

Clusty is the coolest search engine!
http://clusty.com
Curtis Bass
2004-10-04 23:52:27 UTC
Post by John Bailo
Post by Curtis Bass
Earth to Relf: Make your code easier to read. The problem is with you.
And nobody with an IQ higher than their shoe size will ever copy your
pitiful "methods", so try to get over yourself.
Well it certainly raises a /paradox/ in the *Open* source world.
Code that is readable, may not be the best code.
And then again, it may be. It depends on how we define "readable" and
"best". Personally, I consider readability to be equally as important
as correctness. Therefore, if two pieces of code implement the same
functionality, the more readable code will be considered the better code.

It is a fallacy to assume the two to be mutually exclusive.
Post by John Bailo
But because its /readable/, it may be widely adopted.
Good. If there is an issue with this readable code, it will be easier
to fix than it would be with unreadable code.
Post by John Bailo
Hence, *Openness* becomes a criterion for evaluating code, that is, very
bland, but well documented code, would become widespread.
You seem to be suffering from the fallacy that "bland" means "bad".
This suggests that you are unduly impressed with "clever" code that's
hard to follow, which is an extremely amateurish and sophomoric trait.
"Trick" or "clever" coding is passe.
Post by John Bailo
Conversely efficient, or elegant code, may be hindered.
I doubt that you even know what "efficient" or "elegant" mean in this
context, especially if you would submit Relf's blunder as an example of
such. Regarding efficiency, that's the code generator's job, not the
programmer's, provided that the programmer isn't being stupidly
inefficient, of course. But even then, a decent code generator will
address that as well, depending on the circumstances.
John Bailo
2004-10-05 01:34:00 UTC
Post by Curtis Bass
Good. If there is an issue with this readable code, it will be easier
to fix than it would be with unreadable code.
But you assume all programmers are equal and that a /fix/ is something
rational, rather than a matter of style.

For example, suppose the best programmer in the world decides that he wants
to be a CSS programmer.

What is more, based on studies of talent and IQ, the /best/ on any bell
curve is not merely better, but several *orders* of /magnitude/ better than
the next person down the line.

So, can a pool of average OSS programmers produce a better program than a
genius CSS programmer?

The bigger question: is methodology more important than talent in
programming?
Texeme http://texeme.com
Curtis Bass
2004-10-11 23:09:45 UTC
Post by John Bailo
Post by Curtis Bass
Good. If there is an issue with this readable code, it will be easier
to fix than it would be with unreadable code.
But you assume all programmers are equal and that a /fix/ is something
rational, rather than a matter of style.
Wrong. I make no such assumptions. One assumption I _do_ make is that,
_all_else_being_equal_ , readable code will be easier to fix than
unreadable code.

-- [vacuous hypothetical snipped] --
Post by John Bailo
The bigger question: is methodology more important than talent in
programming?
It depends.
John Bailo
2004-10-04 23:31:57 UTC
You wrote: <<
That's the reason I don't read 95% of his postings.
His quoting makes reading his weird posts, painful. >>
My quoting methods ( like my coding methods ) are superior.
Jeff,

You are obviously right.

Have these guys ever read a book before?

Quoted blocks of text are indented from the right and left hand margin.

The quoted block usually has an extra blank line -- in your case you simply
use the << as a quote block delimiter. You give attribution with the "You
wrote:" or "So and So wrote" text.

I really don't see why there is trouble with this.

http://clusty.com
Curtis Bass
2004-10-04 23:31:10 UTC
You wrote: <<
That's the reason I don't read 95% of his postings.
His quoting makes reading his weird posts, painful. >>
My quoting methods ( like my coding methods ) are superior.
Jeff,
You are obviously right.
Have these guys ever read a book before?
Quoted blocks of text are indented from the right and left hand margin.
The quoted block usually has an extra blank line -- in your case you simply
use the << as a quote block delimiter. You give attribution with the "You
wrote:" or "So and So wrote" text.
I really don't see why there is trouble with this.
Sometimes, in order to maintain the context of a discussion, it is
necessary to maintain quotes from several postings back, not just the
most recent one. Most readers insert multiple levels of chevrons
(indenting in the process) to delineate these multiple levels of the
discussion. How does Relf's "superior" method address this?
Greg Copeland
2004-10-04 23:49:35 UTC
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:31:10 -0700, Curtis Bass wrote:
[snip]
Post by Curtis Bass
Sometimes, in order to maintain the context of a discussion, it is
necessary to maintain quotes from several postings back, not just the
most recent one. Most readers insert multiple levels of chevrons
(indenting in the process) to delineate these multiple levels of the
discussion. How does Relf's "superior" method address this?
Now, don't go confusing him with things like facts and details! :) They
only get in the way of us mortals, understanding his, "superiority." ;)

Cheers,

Greg
Kelsey Bjarnason
2004-10-06 00:41:26 UTC
Post by Greg Copeland
[snip]
Post by Curtis Bass
Sometimes, in order to maintain the context of a discussion, it is
necessary to maintain quotes from several postings back, not just the
most recent one. Most readers insert multiple levels of chevrons
(indenting in the process) to delineate these multiple levels of the
discussion. How does Relf's "superior" method address this?
Now, don't go confusing him with things like facts and details! :) They
only get in the way of us mortals, understanding his, "superiority." ;)
He just applies the process recursively:

you you said said >> >>
woof
you said >>
bingo
<< <<
<<

See? Makes it so much simpler to parse than the usual method. :)
Greg Copeland
2004-10-06 15:33:01 UTC
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 17:41:26 -0700, Kelsey Bjarnason wrote:

[snip]
Post by Kelsey Bjarnason
you you said said >> >>
woof
you said >>
bingo
<< <<
<<
See? Makes it so much simpler to parse than the usual method. :)
LOL! Ouch! That makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Please don't
torture me like that again. I beg you, have mercy. ;) :P

Cheers,

Greg
Jeff Relf
2004-10-04 23:55:34 UTC
Hi Curtis Bass,

Re: My handcrafted ( not mechanical ) quoting methods,

You asked Bailo: <<

Sometimes, in order to maintain the context of a discussion,
it is necessary to maintain quotes from several postings back,
not just the most recent one.
Most readers insert multiple levels of chevrons
( indenting in the process )
to delineate these multiple levels of the discussion.
How does Relf's "superior" method address this ? >>

I either insert the quote or provide a link
( e.g. news:***@uni-berlin.de )
and I add appropriate context and attribution .
Curtis Bass
2004-10-04 23:58:24 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Curtis Bass,
Re: My handcrafted ( not mechanical ) quoting methods,
You asked Bailo: <<
Sometimes, in order to maintain the context of a discussion,
it is necessary to maintain quotes from several postings back,
not just the most recent one.
Most readers insert multiple levels of chevrons
( indenting in the process )
to delineate these multiple levels of the discussion.
How does Relf's "superior" method address this ? >>
I either insert the quote or provide a link
and I add appropriate context and attribution .
And how do you go about "add[ing] appropriate context and attribution"?
And what does the result look like? And how is this result "superior"?
Jeff Relf
2004-10-05 00:13:28 UTC
Hi Curtis Bass,

Re: How I reference older messages by
either inserting a quote or providing a link
( e.g. news:***@uni-berlin.de )
...adding appropriate context and attribution,

You asked me: <<

And how do you go about
" add[ing] appropriate context and attribution " ?

And what does the result look like ?
And how is this result " superior " ? >>

I use the " Re: " tag to indicate a change in context,
the " news: " tag to indicate links ( or direct quoting )
...and I simply explain what the quote or link is about first.

It's more work, but I prefer it.

It looks like what you're looking at now.

Here's a ( recursive ) example
of me referencing an older thread: news:***@Cotse.NET
Curtis Bass
2004-10-05 00:28:07 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Curtis Bass,
Re: How I reference older messages by
either inserting a quote or providing a link
...adding appropriate context and attribution,
You asked me: <<
And how do you go about
" add[ing] appropriate context and attribution " ?
And what does the result look like ?
And how is this result " superior " ? >>
I use the " Re: " tag to indicate a change in context,
the " news: " tag to indicate links ( or direct quoting )
...and I simply explain what the quote or link is about first.
It's more work, but I prefer it.
It looks like what you're looking at now.
Here's a ( recursive ) example
So, by your own admission, it's "more work", yet you maintain your
position that it's "superior" without providing any objective method for
making such a determination. And the text quoted above still only
retains statements from the most recent posting I made. I wanted to see
an example of quotes several levels deep, representing several
iterations of the discussion, not just the latest one.

The link you provided didn't send me anywhere. Perhaps a Google link
would work better.
Jeff Relf
2004-10-05 01:15:44 UTC
Hi Curtis Bass,

You commented: <<

So, by your own admission, it's "more work",
yet you maintain your position that it's "superior"
without providing any objective method
for making such a determination. >>

Of course it's more work, but I like the results.

And I already gave you the PageRank(tm) numbers
to show you that I'm currently the most read poster here,
...That's objective, and it supports my position.

You wrote: <<

And the text quoted above still only retains
statements from the most recent posting I made.
I wanted to see an example of quotes several levels deep,
representing several iterations of the discussion,
not just the latest one. >>

What ? I gave an introduction and a link to an older article.

That's what it looks like... like what you're looking at now.

You wrote: <<

The link you provided didn't send me anywhere.
Perhaps a Google link would work better. >>

It should, 40tude Dialog and Outlook both handle such links.
It's one click ( or a double-click ) to launch it.
Perhaps you need to configure something.
Look for something that says " Open as message-id ".

At worst you could cut and paste it into the
" Find the message with message ID " field
on the Advanced-Search page of Google Groups
( which is the leftmost bookmark on my toolbar ).
Curtis Bass
2004-10-05 14:48:26 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Curtis Bass,
You commented: <<
So, by your own admission, it's "more work",
yet you maintain your position that it's "superior"
without providing any objective method
for making such a determination. >>
Of course it's more work, but I like the results.
_You_ like the results. Good for you, but that is hardly an objective
determination of any alleged "superiority". That is the point.
Post by Jeff Relf
And I already gave you the PageRank(tm) numbers
to show you that I'm currently the most read poster here,
No, your logic is flawed. You may be the most _responded_to_ person
here, but you have no possible way of determining whether you are the
mode _read_ person here, which is _not_ the same thing. It is entirely
possible that many people are more _read_ than you are, but that nobody
sees fit to _respond_ to those other parties because those other parties
aren't as recalcitrant and narcissistic as you appear to be.
Post by Jeff Relf
...That's objective, and it supports my position.
Wrong. Being the most responded to person, where the vast majority of
crap, most emphatically does _not_ support your position. Thinking that
it does only illustrates the aforementioned narcissism on your part.
Post by Jeff Relf
You wrote: <<
And the text quoted above still only retains
statements from the most recent posting I made.
I wanted to see an example of quotes several levels deep,
representing several iterations of the discussion,
not just the latest one. >>
What ? I gave an introduction and a link to an older article.
But that ain't what I asked for, is it? No, what I asked for was a demo
of multiple iterations of quoted discussion. Obviously, your "superior"
news reader cannot handle this simple task.
Greg Copeland
2004-10-05 16:54:35 UTC
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 07:48:26 -0700, Curtis Bass wrote:
[snip]
Post by Curtis Bass
No, your logic is flawed. You may be the most _responded_to_ person
here, but you have no possible way of determining whether you are the
mode _read_ person here, which is _not_ the same thing. It is entirely
possible that many people are more _read_ than you are, but that nobody
sees fit to _respond_ to those other parties because those other parties
aren't as recalcitrant and narcissistic as you appear to be.
You hit the nail on the head. I've pretty much been reading your posts
and the provided quotes. I rarely read his posts, as I originally
offered. Generally speaking, once I see his garbage (quoting method),
sprayed all over the message, I quickly move on. As a rule, if it's a
thread I'm interested in, I read the replies to him, rather than his
actual posts.

The fact that he goes out of his way to ignore standards and best
practices, I believe, is rather telling. The fact that he does this and
insists that his ways are, "superior", when they clearly are not, is
I believe, very telling of his true nature.

Cheers,

Greg

Cheers,

Greg
Curtis Bass
2004-10-06 14:24:06 UTC
Post by Greg Copeland
The fact that he goes out of his way to ignore standards and best
practices, I believe, is rather telling. The fact that he does this and
insists that his ways are, "superior", when they clearly are not, is
I believe, very telling of his true nature.
Indeed. That is why I consider him a narcissist. I mean, if God
Himself were to log onto COLA a tell Relf that his code was crap (I'm
sure God would use more appropriate language, however), Relf was simply
say something along the lines of "No, you're just ignorant of what good
coding is, but I Forgive You. I'm not sure I would trust Your opinions."

A real piece of work, Relf.
chrisv
In other words, he's a jerk and a troll.
Greg Copeland
2004-10-06 16:41:17 UTC
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:51:54 -0500, chrisv wrote:

[snip]
Post by chrisv
In other words, he's a jerk and a troll.
Technically, he's an *unethical* jerk and a troll. ;)

Cheers,

Greg
Jeff Relf
2004-10-06 16:15:44 UTC
Hi Curtis Bass,

Re: How my stats supported the notion that
I had the largest following here
( I'm currently third, after Bailo and K-Man ),

You replied: <<

No, your logic is flawed.
You may be the most _responded_to_ person here,
but you have no possible way of determining
whether you are the most _read_ person here,
which is _not_ the same thing. >>

The leftmost number on my report
indicates how widely a poster is followed,
with a boost if the people who favor reading his posts
also have a large following.

The sub-number is a portion of his followers' followers.

Each person is initially allowed only one " vote "
which is _ Divided _ among the replies they made.
So the scores are not based on " replies ",
but rather on how many people replied ( repliers ),
and, recursively, how many people replied to those repliers.

That translates into how _ Widely _ one is being read,
as a certain percentage of readers will reply,
...especially if what you wrote captured their interest
enough to cause them to _ Honestly _ read what was wrote.
Kelsey Bjarnason
2004-10-06 19:45:44 UTC
[snips]
Post by Jeff Relf
Each person is initially allowed only one " vote "
which is _ Divided _ among the replies they made.
So the scores are not based on " replies ",
but rather on how many people replied ( repliers ),
and, recursively, how many people replied to those repliers.
That translates into how _ Widely _ one is being read,
No, it doesn't. It translates into how widely one is being responded to.
Johannes Bauer may be _read by_ every single COLA regular and 10,000
lurkers, but if he only gets one response a month, by your twisted logic,
effectively nobody reads him. That's wrong. Responding is not the same
as reading.
General Protection Fault
2004-10-06 20:12:08 UTC
Post by Kelsey Bjarnason
[snips]
Post by Jeff Relf
Each person is initially allowed only one " vote "
which is _ Divided _ among the replies they made.
So the scores are not based on " replies ",
but rather on how many people replied ( repliers ),
and, recursively, how many people replied to those repliers.
That translates into how _ Widely _ one is being read,
No, it doesn't. It translates into how widely one is being responded to.
Johannes Bauer may be _read by_ every single COLA regular and 10,000
lurkers, but if he only gets one response a month, by your twisted logic,
effectively nobody reads him. That's wrong. Responding is not the same
as reading.
Almost true. Everyone who reads one of Relf's posts is compelled to respond
either to criticize his laziness or his shitty code.
--
FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE i386
3:10PM up 25 days, 21:33, 2 users, load averages: 0.12, 0.03, 0.01
Curtis Bass
2004-10-06 20:56:34 UTC
Post by Kelsey Bjarnason
[snips]
Post by Jeff Relf
Each person is initially allowed only one " vote "
which is _ Divided _ among the replies they made.
So the scores are not based on " replies ",
but rather on how many people replied ( repliers ),
and, recursively, how many people replied to those repliers.
That translates into how _ Widely _ one is being read,
No, it doesn't. It translates into how widely one is being responded to.
Johannes Bauer may be _read by_ every single COLA regular and 10,000
lurkers, but if he only gets one response a month, by your twisted logic,
effectively nobody reads him. That's wrong. Responding is not the same
as reading.
It amazes me that the simplest of logical concepts, such as this one,
are completely lost on Relf (and his starry-eyed sidekick, Mike Cox).
Between his abominal coding style and utter absence of logic skill, I
cannot believe he actually makes a living from coding. Hell, even at
less than five grand a year, he's vastly overpaid.
Curtis Bass
2004-10-06 20:59:29 UTC
Post by Curtis Bass
Post by Kelsey Bjarnason
[snips]
Post by Jeff Relf
Each person is initially allowed only one " vote "
which is _ Divided _ among the replies they made.
So the scores are not based on " replies ",
but rather on how many people replied ( repliers ),
and, recursively, how many people replied to those repliers.
That translates into how _ Widely _ one is being read,
No, it doesn't. It translates into how widely one is being responded
to. Johannes Bauer may be _read by_ every single COLA regular and 10,000
lurkers, but if he only gets one response a month, by your twisted logic,
effectively nobody reads him. That's wrong. Responding is not the same
as reading.
It amazes me that the simplest of logical concepts, such as this one,
are completely lost on Relf (and his starry-eyed sidekick, Mike Cox).
Between his abominal coding style and utter absence of logic skill, I
^^^^^^^^<- strike, replace with "abominable", or something
Jeff Relf
2004-10-07 00:09:32 UTC
Hi Kelsey Bjarnason,

Re: How I say that people who receive
a large portion of repliers
who themselves have a large portion of repliers ( recursively )
is a good indicator of how widely one's posts
are being followed ( a la Google's PageRank(tm) ),

You replied: <<

No, it doesn't.
It translates into how widely one is being responded to.
Johannes Bauer may be _read by_ every single COLA regular
and 10,000 lurkers, but if he only gets one response a month,
by your twisted logic, effectively nobody reads him.
That's wrong. Responding is not the same as reading. >>

Johannes Bauer ?

Isn't he the guy that people silently plonk
after he publicly plonks them first ?

Do you imagine ten thousand lurkers reading his posts ?

Of course you do ( Jesus ).

Although he's currently at number ten,
I doubt that he could ever reach number 1.

Plonkers get plonked.

Posts that get a good portion of repliers are more deeply read,
and they represent a portion of all readers
( which is nowhere near ten thousand )
so it translates into how _ Widely _ one is being read,

Here are _ The Ten Most Widely followed _ ,

The leftmost number in this report
indicates how widely a poster is followed,
with a boost if the people who favor reading his posts
also have a large following.

The sub-number is a portion of his followers' followers.

120 John Bailo, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
13.2 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
Sponge
10.2 7, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Berry vs. Kerry
9.6 Daeron, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
8.6 Kadaitcha Man, Alt.NET, .
The Notorious 10
7.1 Rick, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Jeff Relf: You Work for Me Now!
5.9 Kevin Pederson, Uni-Berlin.DE, KNode 0.8.0
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
5.6 NeoAmsterdam, OzPh Gnilink.NET, Unison/1.5.2
Text Encodings
5.2 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
4.9 maxwell, Google.COM, .
Graphical Admin for sendmail
4.5 andreas, Ethz.CH, Microsoft
Google -- A Stillborn Revolution
3.6 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Vote Grinch
2.6 Grimper, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2
Kerry's Position On OSS/Linux
2.6 Mike Schilling, 0JgA Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
In java, not in c#
2.2 SunnyB, 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
Be true to your school
2.1 Morituri-Max, Rr.COM, Microsoft
What OS does Spaceship One use?
1.9 Qalas De Fetcha De, Uni-Berlin.DE, .
COLA Stats 3 Oct 2004
1.8 MTT, Net.SG, Mozilla/5.0
Nader Myth
1.8 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
AT&T thinking of makeing the switch?
1.7 cLIeNUX user, Supernews.COM, slrn
Nader Myth
1.6 Thomas Edison, Theplanet.NET, 40tude_Dialog/2
PKohlman...a UTF-8 FOOL
1.6 Curtis Bass, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Copy my methods.
1.6 Jeremy Watts, 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
What OS does Spaceship One use?
1.5 Jerry McBride, Comcast.COM, KNode/0.8.0
PLONK.... Was.... Re: The Outer Limits
1.5 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
AT&T thinking of makeing the switch?
1.5 Rich Bell, u7Yy Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
Just occurred to my mind
1.3 alt, 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Linus Torvalds
1.1 The Ghost In The, S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
You shouldn't oversimplify things.
1.1 Quantum Leaper, 93KQ Att.NET, Microsoft
Microsoft Employee
1.0 Peter Rilling, Phx.GBL, Microsoft
In java, not in c#
1.0 Cable Speed Test, Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Such thinking has benefited no one.
1.0 Robert M. Stockmann, Xs4all.NL, Pan/0.14.2.91
Berry vs. Kerry
1.0 mlw, 93KQ Att.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
1.0 Liam Slider, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Linux Community Steamed over Windows Piracy Repo
0.9 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
0.9 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
Why is my disk drive making noise?
0.8 Screaming Balmer, Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Graphical Admin for sendmail
0.8 ray, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.13.0
Kerry Pulls Ahead of Bush in Newsweek Poll
0.7 Bo Grimes, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
Are you jealous of my poverty ?
0.7 Peter Köhlmann, T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
Linus Torvalds
0.5 S.Heenan, Alt.NET, Microsoft
Kerry's Position On OSS/Linux
0.5 kier, Uu.NET, Pan/0.14.2
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.4 Donn Miller, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Linus Torvalds
0.4 Martin O'Brien, Forteinc.COM, .
I'm better at picking employers.
112 Kadaitcha Man, Alt.NET, .
19.6 Bradley26, UKYP Gnilink.NET, Microsoft
My Crowning Achievement
18.6 LjutePlow, Alt.NET, Forte Agent 2.0
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
6.9 Kari Laine, Giganews.COM, KNode/0.7.2
Support for 64 bit
5.7 Annette Kurten, Btopenworld.COM, Microsoft
Wales has gone
5.7 ***@tiesu, 93KQ Com.AU, Forte Agent 1
Bradley26 does tech support...
5.6 NeoAmsterdam, OzPh Gnilink.NET, Unison/1.5.2
Be true to your school
5.5 Mike Turner, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2
More proof that linux makes you mentally ill
4.9 John Bailo, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
More proof that linux makes you mentally ill
4.7 Willem van der Berg, Wxs.NL, Pan/0.14.2
Gates undaunted by Linux
3.6 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
Let's impound Bailo's computer.
3.2 Pennywise, Uswest.NET, Forte Agent 1
Linux makes you mentally ill
3.2 Captain Ron, Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Bradley26 does more tech support...
2.1 Old Gringo, WPVf Prodigy.COM, Mozilla
Unsolicited abusive emails
2.0 Gregory Procter, Co.NZ, .
porn for chris
1.9 Richard Davies, 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
1.8 America the, Cv.NET, Mozilla/5.0
My Crowning Achievement
1.7 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Bradley the fucktard does it again
1.6 Mathew M, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
Wales has gone
1.5 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
Support for 64 bit
1.5 Brian_H, 93KQ Ntli.NET, Mozilla/5.0
auto pc shutdown
1.4 Freeride, 93KQ Cox.NET, Pan/0.14.2
Wales has gone
1.3 Matt Pascoe, Tiscali.COM, Microsoft
Bradley26 does tech support...
1.1 7, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Bradley26 does tech support...
1.0 Mekkala, jMmv Gnilink.NET, Xnews/5.04.25
My Crowning Achievement
1.0 Nero, wc Plus.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
1.0 Mellowed, DAVO Earthlink.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
1.0 bob watkinson, Theplanet.NET, Microsoft
Spoof or not
0.8 ziggy, Uni-Berlin.DE, Xnews/5.04.25
Wales has gone
0.5 the guvnor, 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
0.3 Lady Chatterly, Dizum.COM, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
88 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
26.7 John Bailo, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Sponge
12.9 Rick, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Iraq and the trend away from religion,
10.5 Ray Ingles, Uu.NET, slrn/0.9.7.3
Why do macros bother you so much then ?
7.5 DFS, Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Where is that in your stats ?
5.4 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
What rent subsidy ?
4.8 Curtis Bass, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Copy my methods.
3.7 Kadaitcha Man, Alt.NET, .
Let's impound Bailo's computer.
2.9 mlw, 93KQ Att.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Removing such junk keeps my code _ Clean _ .
2.7 BarryMcOckner, Google.COM, .
Go for it boy... it's all yours.
2.2 Quantum Leaper, 93KQ Att.NET, Microsoft
Why do macros bother you so much then ?
1.6 Kelsey Bjarnason, Silversapphire.COM, Pan/0.14.2
The leftmost number on my report.
1.5 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
How much did you pay ?
1.0 Bill Marcum, Iglou.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
I don't work for any bureaucracy.
1.0 Dave, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Iraq and the trend away from religion,
0.9 Queef, RTwL Earthlink.NET, Microsoft
Relf and the trend away from religion,
0.7 Peter Köhlmann, T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
More plonked = Fewer repliers.
0.5 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Greg Copeland can show No code.
0.4 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Who needs Leafnode when there's VS.NET ?
0.4 Screaming Balmer, Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Iraq and the trend away from religion,
55 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
15.5 Clark L. Coleman, Virginia.EDU, .
Is Fedora for real, or dying?
7.3 John Bailo, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
5.9 Traci Lebowitz, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
4.8 Daeron, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Gates: Microsoft to offer anti-spyware
4.4 Rich Bell, u7Yy Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
3.0 Rene' McBroome, Uni-Berlin.DE, Gnus/5.09
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
2.7 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
1.9 Qalas De Fetcha De, Uni-Berlin.DE, .
Just occurred to my mind
1.7 Roy Culley, Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
Is Fedora for real, or dying?
1.3 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
1.2 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
1.2 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
Whitespace and comments are garbage.
0.9 A Nengineer, wKE3 Earthlink.NET, Mozilla
C'mon on, own up, who was it?
0.9 Johan Lindquist, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Whitespace and comments are garbage.
0.9 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
New improved cussing statistics
0.6 William Poaster, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
53 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
10.8 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
Men with a fraction of a kid.
8.2 Peter Köhlmann, T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
3.7 JEDIDIAH, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Vote Grinch
3.2 Jim Richardson, 93KQ Att.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
You shouldn't oversimplify things.
3.0 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Open Source Databases that can handle SQL 2000 m
2.9 Rich Bell, u7Yy Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
The Stupidity That Is IE
2.7 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
2.5 Ernesto, Google.COM, .
Is Mono the right way?
1.5 David Goldstein, T-Online.COM, Mozilla/5.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.2 John Bailo, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Is Mono the right way?
1.2 Eugene, Wideopenwest.COM, KNode/0.8.0
The Stupidity That Is IE
1.1 7, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Linux clustering recommendation?
1.1 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.0 Philip Callan, 93KQ Shaw.CA, Mozilla
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.9 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Why is my disk drive making noise?
0.9 Johan Lindquist, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.9 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
The Stupidity That Is IE
0.8 William Poaster, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.8 Curtis Bass, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.7 Bo Grimes, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.7 relic, 93KQ Rr.COM, Microsoft
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.5 kier, Uu.NET, Pan/0.14.2
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.5 Jose Maria Lopez, Eresmas.COM, Mozilla
Is Mono the right way?
0.4 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.4 Pan Yongzhi, Yaako.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.3 Craig Kelley, Usenetmonster.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
The Stupidity That Is IE
0.2 chrisv, Giganews.COM, Forte Agent 1
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
47 Qalas De Fetcha De, Uni-Berlin.DE, .
5.6 Qalas De Fetcha De, Uni-Berlin.DE, .
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
4.1 Peter Köhlmann, T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
3.6 Bradley26, UKYP Gnilink.NET, Microsoft
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
3.0 Hamilcar Barca, Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Week ahead: Power to the penguin
2.7 Charles Phlip Chan, MagnumOpus.Khem, Gnus/5.110003
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
2.7 Belgarath, Home.NL, KNode/0.7.6
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
2.7 Johan Lindquist, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
2.4 John Bailo, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
2.1 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
2.0 kier, Uu.NET, Pan/0.14.2
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
1.7 bitbucket, Supernews.COM, KNode/0.7.7
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
1.3 Peter Hayes, Uni-Berlin.DE, MacSOUP/2.6.1
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
1.2 David Wright, T-Online.COM, KNode/0.7.7
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
1.1 Linønut, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
1.0 Mart van de Wege, Ankh-Morpork.LAN, Gnus/5.1006
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
1.0 Holger Petersen, Kbbs.ORG, NN version 6.5
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
1.0 David Speight, Comcast.COM, Mozilla
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
0.9 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
0.8 Roy Culley, Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
COLA Stats 3 Oct 2004
0.8 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.7 alt, 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
0.6 Rick, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
0.6 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
0.5 JEDIDIAH, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.5 filesiteguy, Supernews.COM, Forte Agent 2.0
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
0.5 Darklight, Btopenworld.COM, KNode/0.7.7
Why I am Going Back to Redhat.
0.4 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.4 The Ghost In The, S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.3 Jesse F. Hughes, Kun.NL, Gnus/5.090017
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
0.3 William Poaster, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Just occurred to my mind
45 Traci Lebowitz, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
6.3 Wimpy, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5.9 Traci Lebowitz, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.5 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
3.4 Peter Köhlmann, T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.7 Linønut, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.3 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.9 Aquila Deus, Google.COM, .
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.9 Rick, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Flatfish answering himself
1.6 John D Smith, 93KQ Co.NZ, KNode/0.7.2
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
1.6 Curtis Bass, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.3 alt, 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.1 Hamilcar Barca, Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.1 SunnyB©, 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
Flatfish answering himself
1.1 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
1.0 Olav Pettershagen, 93KQ Nsc.NO, KNode/0.8.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 Eiffel, Free.FR, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 nessuno, Google.COM, .
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 BearItAll, Clara.NET, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 Robert, Uni-Berlin.DE, MacSOUP/D-2.6b4
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0.9 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0.5 Robt. Miller, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.7.4
Flatfish answering himself
0.5 filesiteguy, Supernews.COM, Forte Agent 2.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0.5 Darklight, Btopenworld.COM, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0.4 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.4 Screaming Balmer, Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.3 Jesse F. Hughes, Kun.NL, Gnus/5.090017
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
43 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
16.1 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
5.3 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
3.4 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Open Source Databases that can handle SQL 2000 m
3.3 Roy Culley, Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
What the Mutt - Re: Thoughts about The Begin Bug
2.9 Rich Bell, u7Yy Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
2.6 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
New improved cussing statistics
1.5 Bo Grimes, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
1.2 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.1 Steve Glenn, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
1.0 Rene' McBroome, Uni-Berlin.DE, Gnus/5.09
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.9 Johan Lindquist, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.8 Mathew M, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.7 relic, 93KQ Rr.COM, Microsoft
Support for 64 bit
0.6 William Poaster, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Why is my disk drive making noise?
0.5 Linønut, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
43 Daeron, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
7.3 John Bailo, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Ballmer speaks
4.8 Daeron, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Is Fedora for real, or dying?
3.3 Roy Culley, Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
Switch to Mozilla advises Wash. Post
3.2 SunnyB©, 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
HP tells Sun to get its facts straight
2.6 Abdullah Ramazanoglu, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
HP tells Sun to get its facts straight
2.3 7, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
I've never had a virus says bill gates
2.1 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Philippines opts for Foss
1.9 Qalas De Fetcha De, Uni-Berlin.DE, .
Switch to Mozilla advises Wash. Post
1.8 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
McNealy on IBMs roadkill remnant code
1.7 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
1.6 Richard Rasker, Dekooi.NL, Pan/0.14.2.91
Microsoft drives European IT economy says Micros
1.3 alt, 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
1.2 Eugene, Wideopenwest.COM, KNode/0.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.0 Craig Kelley, Usenetmonster.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
1.0 Liam Slider, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
research centre designs virus-proof software
0.8 Mathew M, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.8 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
remedy will imposed billions upon consumers says
0.6 Paul Cooke, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.7
McNealy on IBMs roadkill remnant code
0.6 Robert Newson, 93KQ Co.UK, Mozilla/5.0
remedy will imposed billions upon consumers says
0.5 Yazid, Jaring.MY, Pan/0.14.2
Malaysian goverment on OSS
0.5 Jeremy Fisher, Ukfsn.ORG, KNode/0.7.7
Microsoft to kill Linux with different Windows f
0.5 Jose Maria Lopez, Eresmas.COM, Mozilla
hardware appliances to rule security roost
0.3 Hamilcar Barca, Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
remedy will imposed billions upon consumers says
42 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
5.9 Traci Lebowitz, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Flatfish answering himself
5.0 Roy Culley, Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
New improved cussing statistics
4.9 Kadaitcha Man, Alt.NET, .
Bradley the fucktard does it again
3.2 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
2.4 John Bailo, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
The best programming language is...
2.0 alt, 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
The best programming language is...
1.9 Qalas De Fetcha De, Uni-Berlin.DE, .
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
1.4 Peter Jensen, Tele.DK, slrn/0.9.8.0
New improved cussing statistics
1.3 Bob Hauck, Adelphia.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Spaceship one questions
1.1 SunnyB, 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
New improved cussing statistics
1.0 Kravin, On.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Bradley the fucktard does it again
0.9 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Graphical Admin for sendmail
0.9 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
New improved cussing statistics
0.9 Johan Lindquist, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Spaceship one questions
0.9 Abdullah Ramazanoglu, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
New improved cussing statistics
0.8 William Poaster, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Why is my disk drive making noise?
0.8 ray, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.13.0
The best programming language is...
0.8 Kelsey Bjarnason, Silversapphire.COM, Pan/0.14.2
Bradley the fucktard does it again
0.8 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
New improved cussing statistics
0.7 chrisv, Giganews.COM, Forte Agent 1
New improved cussing statistics
0.6 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.5 Linønut, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Be true to your school
0.5 JEDIDIAH, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Experts Say Control Systems Vulnerable
0.5 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Spaceship one questions
0.5 crynwulf, aOcx Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Spaceship one questions
0.4 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
New improved cussing statistics
0.4 Pan Yongzhi, Yaako.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Whitespace and comments are garbage.
0.4 Hamilcar Barca, Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Whitespace and comments are garbage.
Kadaitcha Man
2004-10-07 00:43:01 UTC
Jeff Relf, <***@JeffRelf.Cotse.NET>, the middle-aged, stentorian
maggot-pie, and balloonist and trapeze artist in circuses and music halls,
Post by Jeff Relf
8.6 Kadaitcha Man, Alt.NET, .
Your logic is non-existent and your program is totally fucked. Firstly,
where the fuck did that domain come from when I run my own server off my own
registered domain? You do know how to use WHOIS, don't you, fuck-knuckle?

Secondly, look at the headers in this post, assuming you can fucking read
headers, and tell me how you deal with what you see, assuming you can
fucking perceive anything beyond the barriers of your delusions.

Thirdly, 33% of the names in your fucked up list are my socks; so how the
fuck do you intend to deal with that, you mental jackass?
--
Hideous Haiku:
mountains emerge
cautious dinosaur
Jeff Relf
2004-10-07 01:16:31 UTC
Kadaitcha Man,

Re: How you often show up on my report:
" 8.6 Kadaitcha Man, Alt.NET, . ",

An entry ( i.e. a replier, a person )
is now only based on the From line in the headers.
The server name and newsreader name
comes only from the most recent post.
It's only there for information, not for sorting.

I pull out Alt.NET from the path line
because they allow people to pre-load the path line.

Your nymshifting and crossposting do affect the scores,
but most of that is reported...
and it shows up as a bunch of people who have a low following
( i.e. a weight of only one ).

I could lower that weight ( as PageRank(tm) does )
but I think it's fine,
...as I want genuine newcomers to have some weight.

Further, I think some of your pseudonyms have been quite good.
( I loved those replies you gave Rick )

You replied: <<

Your logic is non-existent
and your program is totally fucked.
Firstly, where the fuck did that domain come from
when I run my own server off my own registered domain ?
You do know how to use WHOIS, don't you, fuck-knuckle ?

Secondly, look at the headers in this post,
assuming you can fucking read headers,
and tell me how you deal with what you see,
assuming you can fucking perceive anything beyond
the barriers of your delusions. >>

Is that PMS ? Or are you having a hot flash ?

Verio.NET --> Mathworks.COM ?

Verio.NET offers secure VPNs.

As I said, I no longer sort by server name,
I just reuse the first one I encounter with your name on it.
( and I flag Alt.NET because it allows preloaded Path lines )

You wrote: <<

Thirdly, 33% of the names in your fucked up list
are my socks; so how the fuck do you intend to deal with that,
you mental jackass ? >>

I can't do anything about nymshifters,
and I don't want to lower the weight of genuine newcomers,
all I can do is show your socks,
which are often quite funny anyways.
Jij bent vast een vieze vorte dameskapper
2004-10-07 02:58:39 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Kadaitcha Man,
" 8.6 Kadaitcha Man, Alt.NET, . ",
An entry ( i.e. a replier, a person )
is now only based on the From line in the headers.
The server name and newsreader name
comes only from the most recent post.
It's only there for information, not for sorting.
I pull out Alt.NET from the path line
because they allow people to pre-load the path line.
So you doctor the report? And what did you fail to understand about the
words "I run my own newsserver from my own registered domain"?
Post by Jeff Relf
Further, I think some of your pseudonyms have been quite good.
( I loved those replies you gave Rick )
I have an affinity for you, too, Mr Relf. Even if you are an illogical tit.
Post by Jeff Relf
You replied: <<
Your logic is non-existent
and your program is totally fucked.
Firstly, where the fuck did that domain come from
when I run my own server off my own registered domain ?
You do know how to use WHOIS, don't you, fuck-knuckle ?
Secondly, look at the headers in this post,
assuming you can fucking read headers,
and tell me how you deal with what you see,
assuming you can fucking perceive anything beyond
the barriers of your delusions. >>
Is that PMS ? Or are you having a hot flash ?
Neither. Everyone gets treated with equal disdain. Do you feel deserving of
better treatment?
Post by Jeff Relf
Verio.NET --> Mathworks.COM ?
Verio.NET offers secure VPNs.
Secure, reliable and high speed.
Here, have a sock on me... You can have one from the Dutch cussing bot.
Jeff Relf
2004-10-07 03:39:21 UTC
Hi K-Gurl,

Re: How I report an occurrence of Alt.NET in the Path line,

You earnestly inquired: " So you doctor the report ? "

Sure... like you doctor the Path line.

You asked: <<

It means your path line is sometimes valid... So what ?
Kadaitcha Man
2004-10-07 04:02:36 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi K-Gurl,
Re: How I report an occurrence of Alt.NET in the Path line,
You earnestly inquired: " So you doctor the report ? "
Sure... like you doctor the Path line.
Since when has a path line been used to support insane pseudo-statistics?
Oh, that's right. Since you wrote the code for your report.
Post by Jeff Relf
You asked: <<
And what did you fail to understand about the words
" I run my own newsserver from my own registered domain " ?
It means your path line is sometimes valid... So what ?
Do you know what a IHAVE feed is? Do you know what can be done with one?

You may answer yes, if you like. I won't believe you.
--
Hideous Haiku:
fisherwomen swoon,
samurai bleakness
Jeff Relf
2004-10-07 17:03:14 UTC
Hi Kadaitcha Man,

Re: My _ Ten Most Widely Followed _ report,

You asked me: <<

Since when has a path line been used
to support insane pseudo-statistics ?
Oh, that's right.
Since you wrote the code for your report. >>

I told you twice that I no longer sort on the server name,
it's only shown for information purposes.

You earnestly inquired of me: <<

Do you know what a IHAVE feed is ?
Do you know what can be done with one ?

You may answer yes, if you like. I won't believe you. >>

Ok Kadaitcha, you win:

The leftmost number in this report
indicates how widely a poster is followed,
with a boost if the people who favor reading his posts
also have a large following.

The sub-number is a portion of his followers' followers.

121 Kadaitcha Man, Kadaitcha.CX, .
19.7 LjutePlow, Alt.NET, Forte Agent 2.0
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
16.3 Bradley26, UKYP Gnilink.NET, Microsoft
My Crowning Achievement
10.7 NeoAmsterdam, OzPh Gnilink.NET, Unison/1.5.2
Be true to your school
7.5 Kari Laine, Giganews.COM, KNode/0.7.2
Support for 64 bit
5.9 Annette Kurten, Btopenworld.COM, Microsoft
Wales has gone
5.7 Mike Turner, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2
More proof that linux makes you mentally ill
5.3 ***@tiesu, 93KQ Com.AU, Forte Agent 1
Bradley26 does tech support...
5.1 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
How I report Kadaitcha Man's following in Cola.
4.7 Willem van der Berg, Wxs.NL, Pan/0.14.2
Gates undaunted by Linux
3.0 Captain Ron, Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Bradley26 does more tech support...
2.6 Screaming Balmer, Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Spoof or not
2.4 Dr. Harvie Wahl, Wideopenwest.COM, Forte Agent 1.8
My Crowning Achievement
2.2 Old Gringo, WPVf Prodigy.COM, Mozilla
Unsolicited abusive emails
2.2 bigjon, 93KQ Co.UK, 40tude_Dialog/2
"You are a stupid man, Lerslie."
2.0 Gregory Procter, Co.NZ, .
porn for chris
1.9 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Bradley the fucktard does it again
1.8 Richard Davies, 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
1.6 America the, Cv.NET, Mozilla/5.0
My Crowning Achievement
1.6 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
Support for 64 bit
1.5 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
de-code
1.3 Matt Pascoe, Tiscali.COM, Microsoft
Bradley26 does tech support...
1.3 John Bailo, VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
More proof that linux makes you mentally ill
1.2 7, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Bradley26 does tech support...
1.1 Conor, Co.UK, MicroPlanet
My Crowning Achievement
1.0 Mellowed, DAVO Earthlink.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
1.0 Rayzor, 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
Ok, you cunts, listen up...
1.0 Mekkala, jMmv Gnilink.NET, Xnews/5.04.25
My Crowning Achievement
1.0 Nero, wc Plus.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
1.0 bob watkinson, Theplanet.NET, Microsoft
Spoof or not
1.0 Mathew M, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
Wales has gone
1.0 Brian_H¹©, 93KQ Ntli.NET, Mozilla/5.0
auto pc shutdown
1.0 Freeride, 93KQ Cox.NET, Pan/0.14.2
Wales has gone
0.7 ziggy, Uni-Berlin.DE, Xnews/5.04.25
Wales has gone
0.5 Caesar, Co.UK, Microsoft
Ok, you cunts, listen up...
0.5 the guvnor, 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
0.5 Philip Callan, 93KQ Shaw.CA, Mozilla
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.4 The Ghost In The, S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.3 Lady Chatterly, Dizum.COM, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
105 John Bailo, VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
16.6 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
Ending up with fewer kids.
11.4 Daeron, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
10.4 7, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Berry vs. Kerry
5.4 Rick, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Jeff Relf: You Work for Me Now!
5.2 maxwell, Google.COM, .
Graphical Admin for sendmail
4.7 andreas, Ethz.CH, Microsoft
Google -- A Stillborn Revolution
4.6 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
3.2 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Vote Grinch
2.8 Grimper, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2
Kerry's Position On OSS/Linux
2.7 Mike Schilling, 0JgA Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
In java, not in c#
2.7 SunnyB©, 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
Be true to your school
2.5 Kadaitcha Man, Kadaitcha.CX, .
The Notorious 10
2.2 Morituri-Max, Rr.COM, Microsoft
What OS does Spaceship One use?
2.0 Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Broadpark.NO, Gnus/5.09
In java, not in c#
1.8 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
AT&T thinking of makeing the switch?
1.8 Curtis Bass, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Copy my methods.
1.8 MTT, Net.SG, Mozilla/5.0
Nader Myth
1.7 cLIeNUX user, Supernews.COM, slrn
Nader Myth
1.6 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
AT&T thinking of makeing the switch?
1.6 The Ghost In The, S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
1.6 Jeremy Watts, 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
What OS does Spaceship One use?
1.5 Jerry McBride, Comcast.COM, KNode/0.8.0
PLONK.... Was.... Re: The Outer Limits
1.1 Screaming Balmer, Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Graphical Admin for sendmail
1.0 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
1.0 Robert M. Stockmann, Xs4all.NL, Pan/0.14.2.91
Berry vs. Kerry
1.0 name, Supernews.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
How Bill Gates Can Save Microsoft and Windows an
1.0 Gregory Toomey, Uni-Berlin.DE, KNode/0.7.7
Google ? Call it /Gobble/ !
1.0 Simone Mehta, Google.COM, .
[OT] Usenet Obnoxious Asshole of the Century Awa
1.0 Cable Speed Test, Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Such thinking has benefited no one.
1.0 Serge Minskoff, Uni-Berlin.DE, .
Clusty Toolbar
1.0 Peter Rilling, Phx.GBL, Microsoft
In java, not in c#
1.0 mlw, 93KQ Att.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
0.9 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
Why is my disk drive making noise?
0.8 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
Vote Grinch
0.7 Bo Grimes, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
Are you jealous of my poverty ?
0.7 Liam Slider, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Linux Community Steamed over Windows Piracy Repo
0.7 ray, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.13.0
Kerry Pulls Ahead of Bush in Newsweek Poll
0.6 S.Heenan, 93KQ Shaw.CA, Microsoft
Kerry's Position On OSS/Linux
100 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
29.2 John Bailo, VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Intangible Goods
14.2 Rick, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Plonkers get plonked.
10.5 Ray Ingles, Uu.NET, slrn/0.9.7.3
Why do macros bother you so much then ?
7.3 DFS, Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Where is that in your stats ?
6.3 Kadaitcha Man, Kadaitcha.CX, .
How I report Kadaitcha Man's following in Cola.
5.7 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
What rent subsidy ?
5.4 Curtis Bass, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Copy my methods.
3.3 Quantum Leaper, 93KQ Att.NET, Microsoft
Comments and whitespace are mostly noise, not si
3.0 mlw, 93KQ Att.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Removing such junk keeps my code _ Clean _ .
2.8 BarryMcOckner, Google.COM, .
Go for it boy... it's all yours.
2.1 Jij bent vast een, Kadaitcha.CX, .
How I report Kadaitcha Man's following in Cola.
1.7 Kelsey Bjarnason, Silversapphire.COM, Pan/0.14.2
The leftmost number on my report.
1.6 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
How much did you pay ?
1.0 Bill Marcum, Iglou.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
I don't work for any bureaucracy.
1.0 Dave, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Iraq and the trend away from religion,
0.9 Queef, RTwL Earthlink.NET, Microsoft
Relf and the trend away from religion,
0.7 Peter Köhlmann, T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
More plonked = Fewer repliers.
0.5 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Greg Copeland can show No code.
0.5 Screaming Balmer, Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Iraq and the trend away from religion,
0.5 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Who needs Leafnode when there's VS.NET ?
0.4 The Ghost In The, S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Where is that in your stats ?
57 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
8.9 Jeff Relf, Uni-Berlin.DE, X
Men with a fraction of a kid.
8.6 Peter Köhlmann, T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
5.4 The Voice of Reason, Google.COM, .
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
4.3 JEDIDIAH, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Vote Grinch
3.3 Jim Richardson, 93KQ Att.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
You shouldn't oversimplify things.
3.2 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Open Source Databases that can handle SQL 2000 m
2.7 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
2.5 Ernesto, Google.COM, .
Is Mono the right way?
2.2 Rich Bell, u7Yy Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
The Stupidity That Is IE
1.6 David Goldstein, T-Online.COM, Mozilla/5.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.5 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
1.3 John Bailo, VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Is Mono the right way?
1.3 Eugene, Wideopenwest.COM, KNode/0.8.0
The Stupidity That Is IE
1.2 7, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Linux clustering recommendation?
1.0 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Why is my disk drive making noise?
1.0 Philip Callan, 93KQ Shaw.CA, Mozilla
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.9 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
The Stupidity That Is IE
0.9 William Poaster, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.9 Curtis Bass, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.8 kier, Uu.NET, Pan/0.14.2
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.7 Bo Grimes, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.5 Jose Maria Lopez, Eresmas.COM, Mozilla
Is Mono the right way?
0.5 Johan Lindquist, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.5 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.4 Pan Yongzhi, Yaako.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.3 Craig Kelley, Usenetmonster.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
The Stupidity That Is IE
0.3 chrisv, Giganews.COM, Forte Agent 1
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
52 Traci Lebowitz, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
7.2 Wimpy, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6.8 Traci Lebowitz, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.7 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
3.6 Peter Köhlmann, T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.8 Linønut, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.6 alt, 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.4 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.0 Rick, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Flatfish answering himself
1.9 Aquila Deus, Google.COM, .
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.8 Curtis Bass, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.6 John D Smith, 93KQ Co.NZ, KNode/0.7.2
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
1.4 Hamilcar Barca, Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.4 SunnyB©, 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
Flatfish answering himself
1.0 Olav Pettershagen, 93KQ Nsc.NO, KNode/0.8.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 Eiffel, Free.FR, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 filesiteguy, Supernews.COM, Forte Agent 2.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 B. Kildow, Slurp.NET, Mozilla/5.0
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
1.0 Darklight, Btopenworld.COM, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 BearItAll, Clara.NET, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 nessuno, Google.COM, .
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 Robert, Uni-Berlin.DE, MacSOUP/D-2.6b4
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0.9 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0.7 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.5 Screaming Balmer, Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.5 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.5 Robt. Miller, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.7.4
Flatfish answering himself
0.5 Jesse F. Hughes, Kun.NL, Gnus/5.090017
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
50 Daeron, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
8.0 John Bailo, VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Ballmer speaks
5.7 Daeron, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Is Fedora for real, or dying?
4.1 SunnyB©, 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
HP tells Sun to get its facts straight
3.4 Roy Culley, Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
Switch to Mozilla advises Wash. Post
2.7 Abdullah Ramazanoglu, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
HP tells Sun to get its facts straight
2.6 alt, 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
2.3 7, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.9 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
McNealy on IBMs roadkill remnant code
1.9 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
1.6 Richard Rasker, Dekooi.NL, Pan/0.14.2.91
Microsoft drives European IT economy says Micros
1.6 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
McNealy on IBMs roadkill remnant code
1.5 Bob Hauck, Adelphia.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
McNealy on IBMs roadkill remnant code
1.5 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Philippines opts for Foss
1.3 Qalas De Fetcha De, Uni-Berlin.DE, .
Switch to Mozilla advises Wash. Post
1.3 Eugene, Wideopenwest.COM, KNode/0.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.0 George Tirebiter, Giganews.COM, KNode/0.7.7
Microsoft to kill Linux with different Windows f
1.0 Mathew M, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.9 Craig Kelley, Usenetmonster.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
0.9 Paul Cooke, 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.7
McNealy on IBMs roadkill remnant code
0.9 A Nengineer, wKE3 Earthlink.NET, Mozilla
Linux costs 30 per cent less than Windows
0.7 Liam Slider, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
research centre designs virus-proof software
0.6 Robert Newson, 93KQ Co.UK, Mozilla/5.0
remedy will imposed billions upon consumers says
0.6 Linønut, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
accountants blocking Open Source
0.5 Jeremy Fisher, Ukfsn.ORG, KNode/0.7.7
Microsoft to kill Linux with different Windows f
0.5 Jose Maria Lopez, Eresmas.COM, Mozilla
hardware appliances to rule security roost
0.4 Hamilcar Barca, Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
remedy will imposed billions upon consumers says
0.3 Yazid, Jaring.MY, KNode/0.7.7
Malaysian goverment on OSS
44 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
6.8 Traci Lebowitz, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Flatfish answering himself
5.1 Roy Culley, Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
New improved cussing statistics
5.1 Kadaitcha Man, Kadaitcha.CX, .
Bradley the fucktard does it again
3.8 alt, 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
The best programming language is...
2.7 John Bailo, VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
The best programming language is...
2.2 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
1.5 ***@freenet.co.uk, Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
The best programming language is...
1.4 SunnyB©, 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
New improved cussing statistics
1.3 Qalas De Fetcha De, Uni-Berlin.DE, .
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
1.0 Kravin, On.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Bradley the fucktard does it again
0.9 William Poaster, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Why is my disk drive making noise?
0.9 Abdullah Ramazanoglu, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
New improved cussing statistics
0.9 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
New improved cussing statistics
0.9 Kelsey Bjarnason, Silversapphire.COM, Pan/0.14.2
Bradley the fucktard does it again
0.8 chrisv, Giganews.COM, Forte Agent 1
New improved cussing statistics
0.8 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
New improved cussing statistics
0.8 Bob Hauck, Adelphia.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Spaceship one questions
0.7 ray, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.13.0
The best programming language is...
0.7 Peter Jensen, Tele.DK, slrn/0.9.8.0
New improved cussing statistics
0.6 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.6 crynwulf, aOcx Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Spaceship one questions
0.6 JEDIDIAH, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Experts Say Control Systems Vulnerable
0.6 Linønut, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Be true to your school
0.5 Hamilcar Barca, Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Whitespace and comments are garbage.
0.5 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Spaceship one questions
0.5 Johan Lindquist, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Spaceship one questions
0.5 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
New improved cussing statistics
0.4 Pan Yongzhi, Yaako.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Whitespace and comments are garbage.
0.4 The Ghost In The, S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
42 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
16.0 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
3.7 Greg Copeland, Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Open Source Databases that can handle SQL 2000 m
3.4 Roy Culley, Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
What the Mutt - Re: Thoughts about The Begin Bug
3.3 Rich Bell, u7Yy Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
2.9 Sinister Midget, 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
2.8 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
New improved cussing statistics
1.9 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.5 Bo Grimes, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
1.1 Steve Glenn, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
1.0 Mathew M, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.9 Johan Lindquist, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.9 Rene' McBroome, Uni-Berlin.DE, Gnus/5.09
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.9 relic, 93KQ Rr.COM, Microsoft
Support for 64 bit
0.6 Linønut, Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.3 William Poaster, Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Why is my disk drive making noise?
39 LjutePlow, Alt.NET, Forte Agent 2.0
22.8 Kadaitcha Man, Kadaitcha.CX, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
3.6 LjutePlow, Alt.NET, Forte Agent 2.0
!!!KADAITCHA MAN RELIC CAESER RODNEY KEYSER ALL
2.6 Drstavirya, Kadaitcha.CX, .
!!!KADAITCHA MAN RELIC CAESER RODNEY KEYSER ALL
2.6 Rodney Gowing, WPVf News.Prodigycom, Mozilla
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
2.1 Blödes Arschloch, 9YBg Nntpserver.COM, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
1.7 relic, 93KQ Rr.COM, Microsoft
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
0.8 Martin O'Brien, Forteinc.COM, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
0.7 Lady Chatterly, Dizum.COM, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
0.5 Caesar, Co.UK, Microsoft
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
0.3 chrisv, Giganews.COM, Forte Agent 1
Do the Kadaitcha Man Dance !
36 Ralph, Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
12.8 GreyCloud, Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
5.3 John Bailo, VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
AT&T thinking of makeing the switch?
5.1 Bo Grimes, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
2.4 toad, Supernews.COM, Xnews/5.04.25
Gates undaunted by Linux
1.4 Johan Lindquist, Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
1.4 Edwin, tWxc Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
False customs declarations by Microsoft
1.4 SunnyB©, 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
AT&T thinking of makeing the switch?
1.0 Nigel Feltham, Uu.NET, Microhard
AT&T thinking of makeing the switch?
0.9 Johannes Bauer, Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
New improved cussing statistics
0.8 Rex Ballard, Google.COM, .
Linux Community Steamed over Windows Piracy Repo
0.7 Liam Slider, Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Resources for Competing with Linux: News
0.6 General Protection, 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Kerry's Position On OSS/Linux
0.5 Jim Richardson, 93KQ Att.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Gates undaunted by Linux
Teramnus Pauli
2004-10-08 01:17:42 UTC
A 29k post just to convey only one notion? You're mad.
Jeff Relf
2004-10-08 05:12:57 UTC
Hi Teramnus Pauli ( K-Man ),

Re: My _ Ten Most Widely Followed Report _,

The Z in the line below tells me that Alt.NET is in the path,
Uni-Berlin.DE gets an A and Google gets a B,
as I consider the NNTP servers closest to Individual.NET
to be the biggest players.

1.3 Caesar, Z Co.UK, Microsoft
Ok, you cunts, listen up...

1.3 7, F 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Bradley26 does tech support...

1.3 Mathew M, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
Wales has gone

1.1 Rex Ballard, B Google.COM, .
Support for 64 bit

Although my report definitely favors cross-posters
and nymshifters ( like you K-Man ),
I could make an attempt to combine/filter people
( using the Path, User-Agent and Newsgroups lines )
but that would make it too subjective,
too much like Roy Culley's report, I think.

You commented:
" A 29k post just to convey only one notion ? You're mad. "

What ? Do you mean like this ? ...

Here are _ The Ten Most Widely followed _ ,

The leftmost number in this report
indicates how widely a poster is followed,
with a boost if the people who favor reading his posts
also have a large following.

The sub-number is a portion of his followers' followers.

Each person is initially given a weight of 1.0
which is _ Divided _ among the replies they made.
So the scores are not based on " replies ",
but rather on how many people replied ( repliers ),
and, recursively, how many people replied to those repliers.

That translates into how _ Widely _ one is being read,
as a certain percentage of readers will reply,
...especially if what one wrote captured people's interest
enough to cause them to _ Honestly _ read what was wrote.

In an effort to be more objective,
no one was excluded from this analysis.
The algorithm used a variant of Google's PageRank(tm)
and it analyzed the last 2,000 messages.
( see X.CPP: http://www.Cotse.NET/users/jeffrelf/X.CPP )

116 John Bailo, E VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
20.6 Jeff Relf, A Uni-Berlin.DE, X
Robert Kennedy, 1967.
11.8 Daeron, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
11.4 7, F 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Berry vs. Kerry
8.9 Rick, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Apple Is Rotten
5.5 Johannes Bauer, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
The best programming language is...
5.2 maxwell, B Google.COM, .
Graphical Admin for sendmail
4.8 andreas, D Ethz.CH, Microsoft
Google -- A Stillborn Revolution
3.9 General Protection, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Vote Grinch
2.9 Grimper, D Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2
Kerry's Position On OSS/Linux
2.8 Mike Schilling, E 0JgA Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
In java, not in c#
2.2 Curtis Bass, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Copy my methods.
2.2 Morituri-Max, E Rr.COM, Microsoft
What OS does Spaceship One use?
2.1 name, F Supernews.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
How Bill Gates Can Save Microsoft and Windows an
2.0 Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, C Broadpark.NO, Gnus/5.09
In java, not in c#
2.0 cLIeNUX user, G Supernews.COM, slrn
Nader Myth
2.0 The Ghost In The, E S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
1.7 SunnyB©, E 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
Be true to your school
1.7 Greg Copeland, E Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
AT&T thinking of makeing the switch?
1.7 Ralph, E Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
AT&T thinking of makeing the switch?
1.6 MTT, D Net.SG, Mozilla/5.0
Nader Myth
1.5 Jeremy Watts, F 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
What OS does Spaceship One use?
1.4 Jerry McBride, F Comcast.COM, KNode/0.8.0
PLONK.... Was.... Re: The Outer Limits
1.3 Kadaitcha Man, Z Kadaitcha.CX, .
The Notorious 10
1.3 Screaming Balmer, E Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Graphical Admin for sendmail
1.2 mlw, F 93KQ Att.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
1.2 ***@freenet.co.uk, E Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
1.1 Rex Ballard, B Google.COM, .
Vote Grinch
1.0 Peter Rilling, D Phx.GBL, Microsoft
In java, not in c#
1.0 Simone Mehta, B Google.COM, .
[OT] Usenet Obnoxious Asshole of the Century Awa
1.0 Cable Speed Test, F Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Such thinking has benefited no one.
1.0 Robert M. Stockmann, D Xs4all.NL, Pan/0.14.2.91
Berry vs. Kerry
1.0 GreyCloud, E Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
Why is my disk drive making noise?
0.8 Gregory Toomey, A Uni-Berlin.DE, KNode/0.7.7
Google ? Call it /Gobble/ !
0.8 George Tirebiter, D Giganews.COM, KNode/0.7.7
Indie Pop Flash
0.8 Serge Minskoff, A Uni-Berlin.DE, .
Clusty Toolbar
0.7 S.Heenan, Z 93KQ Shaw.CA, Microsoft
Kerry's Position On OSS/Linux
0.7 Bo Grimes, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
Are you jealous of my poverty ?
113 Kadaitcha Man, Z Kadaitcha.CX, .
20.5 LjutePlow, Z Alt.NET, Forte Agent 2.0
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
12.9 Bradley26, E UKYP Gnilink.NET, Microsoft
My Crowning Achievement
10.7 NeoAmsterdam, E OzPh Gnilink.NET, Unison/1.5.2
Be true to your school
7.6 ***@tiesu, C 93KQ Com.AU, Forte Agent 1
Bradley26 does tech support...
6.9 Jeff Relf, A Uni-Berlin.DE, X
How I report Kadaitcha Man's following in Cola.
6.1 Annette Kurten, D Btopenworld.COM, Microsoft
Wales has gone
4.2 Kari Laine, D Giganews.COM, KNode/0.7.2
Support for 64 bit
3.7 Willem van der Berg, E Wxs.NL, Pan/0.14.2
Gates undaunted by Linux
3.3 Captain Ron, F Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Bradley26 does more tech support...
3.2 Screaming Balmer, E Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Spoof or not
2.8 Dr. Harvie Wahl, E Wideopenwest.COM, Forte Agent 1.8
My Crowning Achievement
2.2 bigjon, F 93KQ Co.UK, 40tude_Dialog/2
"You are a stupid man, Lerslie."
2.0 Gregory Procter, D Co.NZ, .
porn for chris
1.8 Johannes Bauer, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Bradley the fucktard does it again
1.8 Richard Davies, H 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
1.7 ***@freenet.co.uk, E Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
de-code
1.7 Conor, E Co.UK, MicroPlanet
My Crowning Achievement
1.6 America the, E Cv.NET, Mozilla/5.0
My Crowning Achievement
1.5 Freeride, D 93KQ Cox.NET, Pan/0.14.2
Wales has gone
1.3 Matt Pascoe, E Tiscali.COM, Microsoft
Bradley26 does tech support...
1.3 Caesar, Z Co.UK, Microsoft
Ok, you cunts, listen up...
1.3 7, F 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Bradley26 does tech support...
1.2 Mathew M, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
Wales has gone
1.1 Rex Ballard, B Google.COM, .
Support for 64 bit
1.0 Mellowed, F DAVO Earthlink.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
1.0 Mekkala, E jMmv Gnilink.NET, Xnews/5.04.25
My Crowning Achievement
1.0 Nero, F wc Plus.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
1.0 bob watkinson, D Theplanet.NET, Microsoft
Spoof or not
1.0 Rayzor, G 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
Ok, you cunts, listen up...
1.0 The Ghost In The, E S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Gates undaunted by Linux
1.0 Brian_H¹©, G 93KQ Ntli.NET, Mozilla/5.0
auto pc shutdown
0.8 ziggy, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Xnews/5.04.25
Wales has gone
0.5 the guvnor, F 93KQ Ntli.NET, Microsoft
Wales has gone
0.5 GreyCloud, E Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.4 Philip Callan, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, Mozilla
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.3 Lady Chatterly, F Dizum.COM, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
108 Jeff Relf, A Uni-Berlin.DE, X
30.7 John Bailo, E VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Robert Kennedy, 1967.
14.9 Rick, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Robert Kennedy, 1967.
12.7 Ray Ingles, G Uu.NET, slrn/0.9.7.3
Why do macros bother you so much then ?
6.8 DFS, F Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Where is that in your stats ?
6.6 Curtis Bass, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Copy my methods.
6.5 Kadaitcha Man, Z Kadaitcha.CX, .
How I report Kadaitcha Man's following in Cola.
6.3 General Protection, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
What rent subsidy ?
4.8 Quantum Leaper, D 93KQ Att.NET, Microsoft
Comments and whitespace are mostly noise, not si
3.7 mlw, F 93KQ Att.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Removing such junk keeps my code _ Clean _ .
2.4 Kelsey Bjarnason, D Silversapphire.COM, Pan/0.14.2
The leftmost number on my report.
2.2 Jij bent vast een, Z Kadaitcha.CX, .
How I report Kadaitcha Man's following in Cola.
2.2 Rex Ballard, B Google.COM, .
How much did you pay ?
1.0 Dave, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Iraq and the trend away from religion,
1.0 BarryMcOckner, B Google.COM, .
Go for it boy... it's all yours.
1.0 Teramnus Pauli, Z Kadaitcha.CX, .
How I report Kadaitcha Man's following in Cola.
0.9 Queef, E RTwL Earthlink.NET, Microsoft
Relf and the trend away from religion,
0.7 Peter Köhlmann, D T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
More plonked = Fewer repliers.
0.6 Screaming Balmer, E Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Iraq and the trend away from religion,
0.6 ***@freenet.co.uk, E Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Who needs Leafnode when there's VS.NET ?
0.6 Greg Copeland, E Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Greg Copeland can show No code.
0.5 The Ghost In The, E S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Where is that in your stats ?
97 General Protection, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
16.3 Peter Köhlmann, D T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
9.6 Jeff Relf, A Uni-Berlin.DE, X
Men with a fraction of a kid.
6.5 GreyCloud, E Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
5.9 Daeron, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
virus hides in reserved DOS device name
4.9 Bo Grimes, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
I've never had a virus says bill gates
4.8 JEDIDIAH, F Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Vote Grinch
4.5 Jim Richardson, E 93KQ Att.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
3.7 Sinister Midget, F 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
1 Windows XP system + 2 teenagers+ 48 hours=200
3.6 Steve Glendale, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
1 Windows XP system + 2 teenagers+ 48 hours=200
3.4 Greg Copeland, E Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Open Source Databases that can handle SQL 2000 m
3.2 The Voice of Reason, B Google.COM, .
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
3.1 Freeride, D 93KQ Cox.NET, Pan/0.14.2
Where OSS beats CSS
2.9 Ernesto, B Google.COM, .
Is Mono the right way?
2.7 John Bailo, E VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
1 Windows XP system + 2 teenagers+ 48 hours=200
2.5 Rich Bell, E u7Yy Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
The Stupidity That Is IE
2.3 DFS, F Supernews.COM, Microsoft
Where OSS beats CSS
1.7 kier, E Uu.NET, Pan/0.14.2
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
1.7 David Goldstein, D T-Online.COM, Mozilla/5.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.3 Eugene, E Wideopenwest.COM, KNode/0.8.0
The Stupidity That Is IE
1.3 7, F 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
Linux clustering recommendation?
1.2 ***@freenet.co.uk, E Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Why is my disk drive making noise?
1.1 Johan Lindquist, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
virus hides in reserved DOS device name
1.1 Ralph, E Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
1 Windows XP system + 2 teenagers+ 48 hours=200
1.1 William Poaster, D Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Gates undaunted by Linux
1.1 Curtis Bass, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
1.1 chrisv, D Giganews.COM, Forte Agent 1
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.9 Johannes Bauer, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
The Stupidity That Is IE
0.9 Philip Callan, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, Mozilla
Gates undaunted by Linux
0.8 General Protection, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Where OSS beats CSS
0.7 Craig Kelley, F Usenetmonster.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.6 Jose Maria Lopez, I Eresmas.COM, Mozilla
Is Mono the right way?
0.3 Pan Yongzhi, D Yaako.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Gates undaunted by Linux
60 Daeron, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
8.0 John Bailo, E VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Ballmer speaks
5.9 Daeron, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Is Fedora for real, or dying?
5.2 SunnyB©, E 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
HP tells Sun to get its facts straight
4.4 Roy Culley, F Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
Switch to Mozilla advises Wash. Post
3.9 General Protection, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
virus hides in reserved DOS device name
2.7 Rapskat, H Supernews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
I've never had a virus says bill gates
2.6 Abdullah Ramazanoglu, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
HP tells Sun to get its facts straight
2.5 7, F 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.2
I've never had a virus says bill gates
2.2 alt, D 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
2.2 Rex Ballard, B Google.COM, .
McNealy on IBMs roadkill remnant code
1.8 Johannes Bauer, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
1.8 Liam Slider, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
research centre designs virus-proof software
1.5 Richard Rasker, E Dekooi.NL, Pan/0.14.2.91
Microsoft drives European IT economy says Micros
1.5 Qalas De Fetcha De, A Uni-Berlin.DE, .
Switch to Mozilla advises Wash. Post
1.5 Sinister Midget, F 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Philippines opts for Foss
1.3 Craig Kelley, F Usenetmonster.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Ballmer: love DRM or my family starves
1.3 Eugene, E Wideopenwest.COM, KNode/0.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.3 Bob Hauck, E Adelphia.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
McNealy on IBMs roadkill remnant code
1.2 Mathew M, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.8 Gregory Toomey, A Uni-Berlin.DE, KNode/0.7.7
BBC wants help with Dirac Codec
0.8 George Tirebiter, D Giganews.COM, KNode/0.7.7
Microsoft to kill Linux with different Windows f
0.7 A Nengineer, E wKE3 Earthlink.NET, Mozilla
Linux costs 30 per cent less than Windows
0.6 Jose Maria Lopez, I Eresmas.COM, Mozilla
hardware appliances to rule security roost
0.6 Robert Newson, F 93KQ Co.UK, Mozilla/5.0
remedy will imposed billions upon consumers says
0.6 Paul Cooke, F 93KQ Co.UK, KNode/0.7.7
McNealy on IBMs roadkill remnant code
0.5 Linønut, F Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
accountants blocking Open Source
0.4 Hamilcar Barca, D Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
remedy will imposed billions upon consumers says
0.3 Jeremy Fisher, D Ukfsn.ORG, KNode/0.7.7
Microsoft to kill Linux with different Windows f
0.3 Yazid, E Jaring.MY, KNode/0.7.7
Malaysian goverment on OSS
53 Traci Lebowitz, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
7.1 Wimpy, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7.0 Traci Lebowitz, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.7 Peter Köhlmann, D T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.6 Johannes Bauer, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
3.3 Rex Ballard, B Google.COM, .
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.3 Linønut, F Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.2 alt, D 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.2 Rick, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Flatfish answering himself
2.2 Curtis Bass, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2.0 Aquila Deus, B Google.COM, .
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.7 SunnyB©, E 93KQ Usenetserver.COM, Forte Agent 20
Flatfish answering himself
1.6 John D Smith, E 93KQ Co.NZ, KNode/0.7.2
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
1.6 Hamilcar Barca, D Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 Olav Pettershagen, D 93KQ Nsc.NO, KNode/0.8.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 Eiffel, D Free.FR, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 filesiteguy, G Supernews.COM, Forte Agent 2.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 B. Kildow, F Slurp.NET, Mozilla/5.0
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
1.0 Darklight, D Btopenworld.COM, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 BearItAll, E Clara.NET, KNode/0.7.7
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 Robert, A Uni-Berlin.DE, MacSOUP/D-2.6b4
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.0 GreyCloud, E Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0.9 nessuno, B Google.COM, .
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0.7 Sinister Midget, F 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.6 Screaming Balmer, E Easynet.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.6 ***@freenet.co.uk, E Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.5 Robt. Miller, F Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.7.4
Flatfish answering himself
0.5 Jesse F. Hughes, F Kun.NL, Gnus/5.090017
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
51 GreyCloud, E Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
17.8 Ralph, E Rcn.NET, KNode/0.7.6
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
6.3 General Protection, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
4.4 Roy Culley, F Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
What the Mutt - Re: Thoughts about The Begin Bug
4.0 Greg Copeland, E Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Open Source Databases that can handle SQL 2000 m
3.8 Rich Bell, E u7Yy Prodigy.COM, Microsoft
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
2.9 Sinister Midget, F 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
1 Windows XP system + 2 teenagers+ 48 hours=200
2.7 Johannes Bauer, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
New improved cussing statistics
1.7 Johan Lindquist, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.4 Bo Grimes, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.7.4
Thoughts about The Begin Bug
1.2 Mathew M, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2.91
I've never had a virus says bill gates
1.1 Steve Glenn, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.9 Rene' McBroome, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Gnus/5.09
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
0.9 relic, F 93KQ Rr.COM, Microsoft
Support for 64 bit
0.5 Linønut, F Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.4 William Poaster, D Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Why is my disk drive making noise?
43 Johannes Bauer, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
7.0 Traci Lebowitz, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
Flatfish answering himself
5.5 Roy Culley, F Swissptt.CH, knews 1.0b.1
New improved cussing statistics
5.2 Kadaitcha Man, Z Kadaitcha.CX, .
Bradley the fucktard does it again
3.4 alt, D 93KQ Telus.NET, KNode/0.7.7
The best programming language is...
2.7 John Bailo, E VH4W Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
The best programming language is...
2.2 Sinister Midget, F 93KQ Rr.COM, Outhouse Excess
Ballmer calls for horse-based attack on Star Off
1.7 ***@freenet.co.uk, E Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
The best programming language is...
1.5 Qalas De Fetcha De, A Uni-Berlin.DE, .
How leafnode can help your usenet experience
1.2 Kelsey Bjarnason, D Silversapphire.COM, Pan/0.14.2
Bradley the fucktard does it again
1.1 William Poaster, D Giganews.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Why is my disk drive making noise?
1.0 Kravin, E On.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Bradley the fucktard does it again
1.0 Ian Hilliard, E Sunrise.CH, Pan/0.14.2
The best programming language is...
0.8 Peter Jensen, B Tele.DK, slrn/0.9.8.0
New improved cussing statistics
0.8 General Protection, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.7 chrisv, D Giganews.COM, Forte Agent 1
Whitespace and comments are garbage.
0.7 ray, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.13.0
The best programming language is...
0.7 JEDIDIAH, F Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Experts Say Control Systems Vulnerable
0.6 Bob Hauck, E Adelphia.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Spaceship one questions
0.6 Greg Copeland, E Centurytel.NET, Pan/0.14.2.91
Spaceship one questions
0.6 Johan Lindquist, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
Spaceship one questions
0.5 crynwulf, E aOcx Earthlink.NET, KNode/0.7.7
Spaceship one questions
0.5 GreyCloud, E Bresnan.COM, Mozilla/5.0
New improved cussing statistics
0.5 The Ghost In The, E S1Hx Earthlink.NET, slrn/0.9.8.0
Happy 13th Birthday, Linux!
0.5 Linønut, F Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Be true to your school
0.4 Hamilcar Barca, D Newsreader.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Whitespace and comments are garbage.
0.3 Pan Yongzhi, D Yaako.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Whitespace and comments are garbage.
42 Peter Köhlmann, D T-Online.COM, KNode/0.8.0
14.9 General Protection, E 93KQ Shaw.CA, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
13.9 Traci Lebowitz, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla/5.0
2 Weeks and I STILL Can't Print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.0 Qalas De Fetcha De, A Uni-Berlin.DE, .
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
2.3 Steve Glenn, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Pan/0.14.2
Matrox p650 and Suse 9.1
1.8 Johannes Bauer, A Uni-Berlin.DE, Mozilla
1 Windows XP system + 2 teenagers+ 48 hours=200
1.7 Johan Lindquist, A Uni-Berlin.DE, slrn/0.9.8.0
I've never had a virus says bill gates
0.9 Linønut, F Comcast.COM, slrn/0.9.8.0
Read the Documentation-->>The Linux Mantra____<<
0.7 S.Heenan, Z 93KQ Shaw.CA, Microsoft
Windows virus disables firewall
0.6 ***@freenet.co.uk, E Co.UK, tin/1.4.5
Support for 64 bit
0.6 Robert Newson, F 93KQ Co.UK, Mozilla/5.0
1 Windows XP system + 2 teenagers+ 48 hours=200
0.3 Craig Kelley, F Usenetmonster.COM, Pan/0.14.2.91
Firewalls
40 LjutePlow, Z Alt.NET, Forte Agent 2.0
23.3 Kadaitcha Man, Z Kadaitcha.CX, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
3.7 LjutePlow, Z Alt.NET, Forte Agent 2.0
!!!KADAITCHA MAN RELIC CAESER RODNEY KEYSER ALL
2.7 Drstavirya, Z Kadaitcha.CX, .
!!!KADAITCHA MAN RELIC CAESER RODNEY KEYSER ALL
2.7 Rodney Gowing, Z WPVf News.Prodigycom, Mozilla
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
2.3 Martin O'Brien, F Forteinc.COM, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
1.8 relic, F 93KQ Rr.COM, Microsoft
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
1.1 Blödes Arschloch, D 9YBg Nntpserver.COM, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
0.7 Lady Chatterly, F Dizum.COM, .
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
0.7 Caesar, Z Co.UK, Microsoft
Someone save this guy from himself < - was - > R
0.4 chrisv, D Giganews.COM, Forte Agent 1
Do the Kadaitcha Man Dance !
relic
2004-10-08 15:35:12 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Teramnus Pauli ( K-Man ),
[...]
LOL
;-)
--
Honey, you stick to the washin',
ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'.
No wife of mine is gonna work.
Dr. Bill
2004-10-08 20:27:32 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
Do the Kadaitcha Man Dance !
LOL
;-)
rofl
http://www.australianbedandbreakfast.com.au/northern-territory-bandb/gallery
/images/aboriginal-dance-red-centre-dreaming-alice.jpg
Rick
2004-10-07 01:22:39 UTC
Post by Jeff Relf
[...]
Do they? How do you know? I have seen several people plonk others and I
have never plonked them.
Post by Jeff Relf
Posts that get a good portion of repliers are more deeply read,
and they represent a portion of all readers
( which is nowhere near ten thousand )
so it translates into how _ Widely _ one is being read,
Again, not necessarily. You fail to make allowances for lurkers.

(meaningless Relf stuff snipped)
Rick
Kelsey Bjarnason
2004-10-09 19:59:24 UTC
[snips]
Post by Jeff Relf
Hi Kelsey Bjarnason,
Re: How I say that people who receive
a large portion of repliers
who themselves have a large portion of repliers ( recursively )
is a good indicator of how widely one's posts
are being followed ( a la Google's PageRank(tm) ),
You replied: <<
No, it doesn't.
It translates into how widely one is being responded to.
Johannes Bauer may be _read by_ every single COLA regular
and 10,000 lurkers, but if he only gets one response a month,
by your twisted logic, effectively nobody reads him.
That's wrong. Responding is not the same as reading. >>
Johannes Bauer ?
Isn't he the guy that people silently plonk
after he publicly plonks them first ?
I see. Can't cope with the logic, so you whinge about him, instead.

Face it, Relf, you're an idiot. You're too stupid to write decent code,
you're too stupid to figure out _why_ your code is bad, you're too stupid
to tell the difference between reading and responding. I'm surprised you
can post without shorting out the keyboard with the drool on your chin.

Whatever faults Johannes may have, he has this much, at least, going for
him: he's smarter than you. Then again, so is fungus. He happens to be a
_lot_ smarter than you.

HAND.
Jeff Relf
2004-10-04 23:44:56 UTC
Hi John Bailo,

You told me: <<

You are obviously right.

Have these guys ever read a book before ?

Quoted blocks of text are indented
from the right and left hand margin.

The quoted block usually has an extra blank line
-- in your case you simply use
the << as a quote block delimiter.
You give attribution with the " You wrote: "
or " So and So wrote " text.

I really don't see why there is trouble with this. >>

Thanks John.

I say my method is superior, plenty of people read me.

People are just to lazy to read it... much less write it.
Rick
2004-10-05 02:10:26 UTC
You wrote: <<
That's the reason I don't read 95% of his postings.
His quoting makes reading his weird posts, painful. >>
My quoting methods ( like my coding methods ) are superior.
That just means a lot of people are trying to tell you your quoting is
crap, your lifestyle is crap, and you have no clue about parental
responsibility.
--
Rick