Android Viruses Mostly Hogwash?
Marti Van Lin
2012-08-02 12:20:57 UTC
[quote]

As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the
Android Virus FUD which journalists have been slinging around the past
weeks, in the corporate controlled propaganda media.

From a advanced GNU/Linux user's point of view, the FUD is pretty
laughable :-)

Android is based on Linux and uses a similar file system hierarchy,
including similar security control.

Now in essence, it is out of the question that apps have write access to
the file system, other than FAT formatted media, like sdcards and USB
Thumb drives.

There for Viruses don't stand a chance on Android. A virus needs to copy
itself to another existing file to multiply, which is impossible if
write access is denied by default.

The (virus) app requires root access.

Unless the gadget is "rooted". And a stock Android ROM is *never* rooted
and thus root access will never be granted to the (virus) app. Game Over!

[...]

You as a Android user and certainly in case you are a Chef* can educate
yourself by installing GNU/Linux on your desktop or laptop and learn
about Linux, the file hierarchy and its security control.

After you have educated yourself, you will understand how laughable and
pathetic the claims of the Android Mallware FUDsters are. Have a good
laugh and a lot of Fun, educating yourself ;-)

[/quote]

Full article:

http://osg33x.blogspot.nl/2012/08/android-virusses-mostly-hogwash.html

http://tinyurl.com/dxpsdu4
--
|_|0|_| Marti T. Van Lin, alias ML2MST
|_|_|0| https://linuxcounter.net/user/513040.html
Hadron
2012-08-02 13:19:48 UTC
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the Android Virus
FUD which journalists have been slinging around the past weeks, in the corporate
controlled propaganda media.
From a advanced GNU/Linux user's point of view, the FUD is pretty laughable :-)
[...]
Well done sMarti! You show, as he does, a complete and utter ignorance
of HOW the phones are getting viruses. I'd explain if it hasnt been done
100 times already. The guy is a moron and totally wrong. He is basing
his refusal to except the issues on "well its linux and therefore safe".

Here are some hints:

1) Installed apps do NOT need root to do bad things
2) Apps can and do get "root" : not they need to
3) The apps are not vetted

Can you seriously be so ignorant about what viruses are and how they can
even access your data in userspace? Are you aware of the permissions
being granted that the user usually just "agrees to".

Your level of understanding is laughable.
--
A certain COLA "advocate" faking his user-agent in order to pretend to be a Linux
user: User-Agent: Outlook 5.5 (WinNT 5.0), User-Agent: slrn/0.9.8.0
(Linux), Message-ID: <wPGdnd3NnOM0ACfdRVn-***@comcast.com>
Ezekiel
2012-08-02 13:37:58 UTC
Post by Hadron
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the Android Virus
FUD which journalists have been slinging around the past weeks, in the corporate
controlled propaganda media.
From a advanced GNU/Linux user's point of view, the FUD is pretty laughable :-)
[...]
Leave it to an "advocate" like Marti. Ignore all of the facts, news reports
and papers that have been written including data that comes directly from
Google. He has a "theory" so the rest of the world is wrong and spreading
FUD. It's his little personal theory that's correct because he's an
"advanced GNU/Linux user."
--
Another documented lie from "chrisv."

"Hell, I caught "Ezekiel" in about two dozen *lies* in the last month."
(Mon, 05 Mar 2012 - chrisv turd)
Post by Ezekiel
Post by Hadron
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the Android Virus
FUD which journalists have been slinging around the past weeks, in the corporate
controlled propaganda media.
From a advanced GNU/Linux user's point of view, the FUD is pretty laughable :-)
[...]
He's infested, I'm sure ;-)
"Trojan-SMS.AndroidOS.Vidro is spread via porn sites."
http://www.securelist.com/en/blog/208193729/Vidro_How_deep_and_mobile_is_the_rabbit_hole
Lt Cmdr. Gaston J. Feeblebunny
2012-08-02 17:32:19 UTC
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user
Liar, you use Windows every day and you don't know shit about Linux.
Stick to getting your "whet pussy" ass pounded by paid dates, you pathetic
*tart* lett!
--
Marti van Lin in COLA:
"Love is the only thing that matters"
Speaking of health, have you been tested for HIV lately?
Big Steel
2012-08-02 17:41:55 UTC
On 8/2/2012 8:20 AM, Marti Van Lin wrote:
te]
Some clown with a blog accounts for nothing.
Foster
2012-08-02 22:07:28 UTC
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the
Android Virus FUD which journalists have been slinging around the past
weeks, in the corporate controlled propaganda media.
From a advanced GNU/Linux user's point of view, the FUD is pretty
[...]
Rarely does an extended post appear that has every single "fact"
incorrect.
Even Rex Ballard gets some things correct.

I think yours might be the first post to be completely wrong,
sMarti.
Homer
2012-08-03 03:08:24 UTC
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the
Android Virus FUD
It's not just FUD, it's an outright lie. The so-called "viruses" for
Android have to be voluntarily downloaded, installed and run by the
users, which classifies them as malware for dummies, not "viruses".

One might as well describe "rm -fr /" as a "virus" too.

None of it has any bearing on Linux security. At all. It certainly has
no bearing on Free Software security, since every single example of this
malware has been proprietary. Naturally. That's what you get for running
mystery binary blobs from untrusted sources.

Of course, the anti-virus companies, who are the self-interested source
of this propaganda, would like us to believe otherwise.
--
K. | "You see? You cannot kill me. There is no flesh
http://slated.org | and blood within this cloak to kill. There is
kernel 2.6.31.5, up 54 days | ~ V for Vendetta.
Gregory Shearman
2012-08-03 06:19:23 UTC
Post by Homer
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the
Android Virus FUD
It's not just FUD, it's an outright lie. The so-called "viruses" for
Android have to be voluntarily downloaded, installed and run by the
users, which classifies them as malware for dummies, not "viruses".
One might as well describe "rm -fr /" as a "virus" too.
I tried it as an ordinary user:

rm: it is dangerous to operate recursively on `/'
rm: use --no-preserve-root to override this failsafe

I didn't dare trying it as root. If it worked without the failsafe it'd
be too much effort to restore from backups and I'd lose the morning's
work.

I have a suspicion that this failsafe will also work for the root user.

Linux security in action.
--
Regards,
Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power
Chris Ahlstrom
2012-08-03 10:15:22 UTC
Post by Gregory Shearman
Post by Homer
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the
Android Virus FUD
It's not just FUD, it's an outright lie. The so-called "viruses" for
Android have to be voluntarily downloaded, installed and run by the
users, which classifies them as malware for dummies, not "viruses".
One might as well describe "rm -fr /" as a "virus" too.
rm: it is dangerous to operate recursively on `/'
rm: use --no-preserve-root to override this failsafe
<chuckle>

"Hadron" would no doubt require the "verbose" switch to allow
that warning to be output.
Post by Gregory Shearman
I didn't dare trying it as root. If it worked without the failsafe it'd
be too much effort to restore from backups and I'd lose the morning's
work.
I have a suspicion that this failsafe will also work for the root user.
Linux security in action.
GNU/Linux in this case :-)
--
There won't be anything we won't say to people to try and convince them that
our way is the way to go.
Microsoft marketing.)
rapskat
2012-08-03 11:10:44 UTC
Yet another me too suck up post from Chris Ahlstrom.
Gregory Shearman
2012-08-03 11:27:35 UTC
Post by rapskat
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
<chuckle>
"Hadron" would no doubt require the "verbose" switch
to allow that warning to be output.
Yet another
Yet another dizum coward.
--
Regards,
Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power
chrisv
Their words carry so much weight, don't they?
Chris Ahlstrom
2012-08-03 11:59:29 UTC
Post by rapskat
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
<chuckle>
"Hadron" would no doubt require the "verbose" switch
to allow that warning to be output.
Yet another me too suck up post from Chris Ahlstrom.
Don't be a child, child.
--
Youre telling lies AGAIN.
YOU agreed with the links.
-- "Hadron" <ihjqnf$a1e$***@news.eternal-september.org>
William Poaster
2012-08-03 12:19:22 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by rapskat
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
<chuckle>
"Hadron" would no doubt require the "verbose" switch
to allow that warning to be output.
Yet another me too suck up post from Chris Ahlstrom.
Don't be a child, child.
'Tisn't the original 'rapskat' either.
--
As they say at Microsoft - 'What do you want to reinstall today ?'.

Micro$oft, the company that makes spreading malware easy.

Microsoft exec Ron Markezich was quoted saying that for every $1
companies spend on Microsoft software, they need to spend $6 getting
it to work right. -- April 2011 SanFrancisco Chronical --

"We have no intention of shipping another bloated OS and shoving
it down the throats of our users."
-- Paul Maritz, Microsoft group vice president --

What's bad about Micro$oft:
http://www.kmfms.com/whatsbad.html
Foster
He dumped Linux and became a Windows user.
DFS
2012-08-03 13:24:49 UTC
Post by rapskat
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
<chuckle>
"Hadron" would no doubt require the "verbose" switch
to allow that warning to be output.
Yet another me too suck up post from Chris Ahlstrom.
If you're gonna forge rapskat, you have to use 'bitch' and 'punk-ass'
and 'sheeeiiitttt' in every other sentence.
Uncle Corker
along with a generous portion of Muhh-Dik.
Marti Van Lin
2012-08-03 13:58:54 UTC
Post by Gregory Shearman
Post by Homer
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the
Android Virus FUD
It's not just FUD, it's an outright lie. The so-called "viruses" for
Android have to be voluntarily downloaded, installed and run by the
users, which classifies them as malware for dummies, not "viruses".
One might as well describe "rm -fr /" as a "virus" too.
rm: it is dangerous to operate recursively on `/'
rm: use --no-preserve-root to override this failsafe
I didn't dare trying it as root. If it worked without the failsafe it'd
be too much effort to restore from backups and I'd lose the morning's
work.
I have a suspicion that this failsafe will also work for the root user.
Linux security in action.
Since Android is based on Linux as well, it works exactly the same way.
Trust me I actually tried it.

On a non-rooted Android device your user rights are similar to a
ordinary user on GNU/Linux. There for Mallware on Android doesn't stand
a chance (write access to the file system is denied).

The majority of Android users are previous Windows users with still the
typical Windows User mindset. The majority know jack ass about Linux and
thus Android security.

That's why the Dizum Coward is spamming COLA with his pathetic "Android
Mallware New$". The imbecilic n00b simply doesn't have a clue what he's
blubbering about.
DFS
2012-08-03 14:10:47 UTC
You mean an Android update turns the screen upside down?
Nobody
2012-08-03 16:39:04 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Marti Van Lin
Since Android is based on Linux as well, it works exactly the same way.
Trust me I actually tried it.
You mean an Android update turns the screen upside down?
You mean you forgot the poster who had that problem admitted he caused
it himself?
Foster
You mean like sound sucks?
William Poaster
2012-08-03 14:42:49 UTC
Post by Marti Van Lin
Post by Gregory Shearman
Post by Homer
Post by Marti Van Lin
[...]
Not surprising. Anyway I've got all anonymous remailers blocked, if
they can't use a proper news provider, they can't be worth reading.
--
Linux -- The Choice of a GnuType Generation

Bob Hauck
2012-08-04 01:58:41 UTC
Post by Marti Van Lin
On a non-rooted Android device your user rights are similar to a
ordinary user on GNU/Linux. There for Mallware on Android doesn't stand
a chance (write access to the file system is denied).
It is actually tighter than that. For example, /system is mounted
read-only and each app runs as a different user.
Bob Hauck
Homer
2012-08-04 02:34:30 UTC
On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:58:54 +0200, Marti Van Lin
Post by Marti Van Lin
On a non-rooted Android device your user rights are similar to a
ordinary user on GNU/Linux. There for Mallware on Android doesn't
stand a chance (write access to the file system is denied).
It is actually tighter than that. For example, /system is mounted
read-only and each app runs as a different user.
It also utilises a mandatory access control mechanism similar to
SELinux contexts, and sandboxes apps into their own address spaces.

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/security/permissions.html
kernel 2.6.31.5, up 55 days | ~ V for Vendetta.
Marti Van Lin
2012-08-04 04:53:59 UTC
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Marti Van Lin
On a non-rooted Android device your user rights are similar to a
ordinary user on GNU/Linux. There for Mallware on Android doesn't stand
a chance (write access to the file system is denied).
It is actually tighter than that. For example, /system is mounted
read-only and each app runs as a different user.
Wow! thanks for the information.

Based on this discussion we can conclude that I should change the title
of the article in "Android Mallware clearly Hogwash!" and add some of
the interesting contributions from this discussion to the article.

Cheers.
Homer
2012-08-04 02:21:56 UTC
Post by Marti Van Lin
On a non-rooted Android device your user rights are similar to a
ordinary user on GNU/Linux. There for Mallware on Android doesn't
stand a chance (write access to the file system is denied).
Just out of curiosity I tried several antivirus apps for Android.
The first few found nothing. Kaspersky didn't do anything at all,
it must only check newly created files, since there's no scanner.
Finally I tried "Dr. Web Lite", which found something called "not
a Virus Adware.Startapp.origin.0" in the file "hyperspacelite_10"
(a screensaver). It turns out this "malware" is nothing more than
the perfectly legitimate advertising code built into ad-supported
freeware, and not exactly clandestine either given that it places
a rather conspicuous "search" button on the launcher, which links
to an affiliate search sponsor. I'm sure the antivirus profiteers
simply "forgot" to mention that their sensationalist "statistics"
are based on utter bullshit like this, though.

This is on a two year-old, heavily used, rooted SGS with a couple
of hundred apps, many of which are "hacker" oriented and obtained
outside the market.

Android is "doomed".
Uncle Corker
You sound like a fucking idiot. YOU HAVE BEEN CORKED!
Marti Van Lin
2012-08-04 05:17:51 UTC
Post by Homer
Post by Marti Van Lin
[...]
Ah, looks like Vole's "Get The Facts®"
Post by Homer
This is on a two year-old, heavily used, rooted SGS with a couple
of hundred apps, many of which are "hacker" oriented and obtained
outside the market.
Looks pretty familiar. I rooted my 7" tablet within 48 hours, while I
was a complete "Android Virgin", yet more then a decade of GNU/Linux
experience made it a piece of cake. Didn't have any "mallware" so far.
And I run Debian Stable on top of the UBEROiD Honeycomb MOD custom ROM,
in a chrooted environment and other fun stuff like UAE <3
Post by Homer
Android is "doomed".
With 1 million activations per day, it sure is :-D

Thank you very much for your feedback. The article needs some editing
and the tile will be changed in "Adroid Mallware clearly Hogwash!

Cheers
Ian Hilliard
2012-08-04 10:09:04 UTC
Post by Marti Van Lin
[quote]
As a seasoned (12 years) GNU/Linux user I have my doubts about the
Android Virus FUD which journalists have been slinging around the past
weeks, in the corporate controlled propaganda media.
From a advanced GNU/Linux user's point of view, the FUD is pretty
[...]
It appears that there are some trojans, for Android. Up until now, these
have mainly come from alternate sites to Play Store and mainly in China.
This is where the marketing FUD takes over. Apple claims that their
stringent control of what can be installed, which was designed to ensure
that they get their tithe on every installation of IOS software, is only
there to make the platform more secure.

Once again lies, damned lies and marketing.

Ian
Big Steel
2012-08-04 12:54:08 UTC
On 8/4/2012 6:09 AM, Ian Hilliard wrote:

<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
Once again lies, damned lies and marketing.
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/221213/keep_malware_off_your_android_phone_5_quick_tips.html>

5) Put a malware and antivirus scanner on your phone. Although many
people still think that antivirus scanners on phones are useless, maybe
outbreaks such as this one will change minds. Several different big-name
security companies already offer mobile-security options, many of them
free. I myself had downloaded "Spider Man," which is on a bad-apps list.
My Lookout software identified it as a Trojan horse.
Foster
2012-08-04 12:59:49 UTC
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
Once again lies, damned lies and marketing.
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/221213/keep_malware_off_your_android_phone_5_quick_tips.html>
5) Put a malware and antivirus scanner on your phone. Although many
people still think that antivirus scanners on phones are useless, maybe
outbreaks such as this one will change minds. Several different big-name
security companies already offer mobile-security options, many of them
free. I myself had downloaded "Spider Man," which is on a bad-apps list.
My Lookout software identified it as a Trojan horse.
I use Junos Pulse by Juniper Networks.
So far it's caught 2 suspected trojans and has had 2 false alarms
for adware.
Big Steel
2012-08-04 13:06:09 UTC
Post by Foster
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
Once again lies, damned lies and marketing.
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/221213/keep_malware_off_your_android_phone_5_quick_tips.html>
5) Put a malware and antivirus scanner on your phone. Although many
people still think that antivirus scanners on phones are useless, maybe
outbreaks such as this one will change minds. Several different big-name
security companies already offer mobile-security options, many of them
free. I myself had downloaded "Spider Man," which is on a bad-apps list.
My Lookout software identified it as a Trojan horse.
I use Junos Pulse by Juniper Networks.
So far it's caught 2 suspected trojans and has had 2 false alarms
for adware.
I use Lookout myself. It has some nice features like Safe Browsing. So
far, I have not encountered any malware or trojans.
Torre Starnes
2012-08-04 13:12:18 UTC
Post by Big Steel
Post by Foster
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
Once again lies, damned lies and marketing.
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/221213/keep_malware_off_your_android_phone_5_quick_tips.html>
5) Put a malware and antivirus scanner on your phone. Although many
people still think that antivirus scanners on phones are useless, maybe
outbreaks such as this one will change minds. Several different big-name
security companies already offer mobile-security options, many of them
free. I myself had downloaded "Spider Man," which is on a bad-apps list.
My Lookout software identified it as a Trojan horse.
I use Junos Pulse by Juniper Networks.
So far it's caught 2 suspected trojans and has had 2 false alarms
for adware.
I use Lookout myself. It has some nice features like Safe Browsing. So
far, I have not encountered any malware or trojans.
BTW my Razr Maxx rebooted itself in the middle of an important call
the other day.

Not a good sign.
Big Steel
2012-08-04 13:19:47 UTC
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Big Steel
Post by Foster
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
[...]
Mine has not locked-up in a few days now when it tries to reboot. But
sooner or later, I am going to look-up and see the red orb on the reboot
and lockup. :)
Torre Starnes
2012-08-04 13:23:12 UTC
Post by Big Steel
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Big Steel
Post by Foster
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
[...]
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.

I'm starting to not like ICS.

I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Big Steel
2012-08-04 13:48:47 UTC
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Big Steel
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Big Steel
Post by Foster
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
[...]
Unfortunately with Android, they ram things down your throat that you
can't back out of. I guess you could back out if you did a hard reset
and wipe and refuse the ICS update. But who wants to go through all of
that.

It still strikes me as funny when a tech support person at Verizon on
the phone said that she refuses to allow her Droid RM to be updated with
ICS. :) I think she is doing the right thing.

Who genie-pigs this crap for quality assurance? Do they even have users
that test this crap through a quality assurance phase with real users?
Do they just ram it down the user's throats, like most programmers have
done the past with I the programmer knows what's best for you the user
so don't question it?
Torre Starnes
2012-08-04 23:45:18 UTC
Post by Big Steel
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Big Steel
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Big Steel
Post by Foster
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
[...]
That's mostly Verizon though.
Same for their bloatware applications which you can't install.

BTW the data widget reports wrong. It doesn't update until you click
on it, log into your account, check your useage.

It's hosed after ICS.
Used to work perfectly.
Post by Big Steel
It still strikes me as funny when a tech support person at Verizon on
the phone said that she refuses to allow her Droid RM to be updated with
ICS. :) I think she is doing the right thing.
Ne too :)
Post by Big Steel
Who genie-pigs this crap for quality assurance? Do they even have users
that test this crap through a quality assurance phase with real users?
Do they just ram it down the user's throats, like most programmers have
done the past with I the programmer knows what's best for you the user
so don't question it?
Motorola does what they call a "soak test" where they send ICS to
lot's of people who aren't actual beta testers but are pre-release
people. Go to their website and sign up.

It only lasts like 2 weeks before release!
Bob Hauck
2012-08-04 16:33:05 UTC
Post by Torre Starnes
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.
I'm starting to not like ICS.
I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Of course not. That was the beginning of the new troll cycle. We are now
moving into the middle phase. You are following the script perfectly.
Bob Hauck
Chris Ahlstrom
2012-08-04 17:35:33 UTC
On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 09:23:12 -0400, the chimp Torre Starnes
Post by Torre Starnes
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.
I'm starting to not like ICS.
I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Of course not. That was the beginning of the new troll cycle. We are now
moving into the middle phase. You are following the script perfectly.
One guy at work, a manager, was looking at his phone and grousing about
this "Android piece of shit", the Razr Maxx. Since I was interested in
that phone, I googled for issues and found that the update to ICS was
causing issues on some phones, due to Motorola's "aggressive" schedule
for forcing the update to Ice Cream Sandwich. Then I also found out
the main cause of issues, caching and using up all the memory in the
phone. Also found out that a bug-fix release is due in mid-August.

I wrote the guy an email offering the link and some other advice to keep
the phone working. Pretty easy stuff. Never got so much as a "thank
you", "does not apply", or "kiss my ass" from the fellow.

Anyway, I went ahead and bought the Razr Maxx a few days ago. It had
Gingerbread, but very quickly updated to ICS. Knowing the issues, I
made sure to install App Killer. But running the built-in "Manage Apps"
works well, too.

So, in general, and contrary to "Torre", I like ICS. So many cool
features.

My spouse likes her Droid 4, much better than she liked the Pixi. (I do
miss the small size of the Pixi; most of the features in a very small
package.)

Overall, Android has some issues, but I am quite happy with it.
Our phones are a 'puter in the pocket'.
Many people resent being treated like the person they really are.
ml2w
2012-08-04 18:45:47 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
I wrote the guy an email offering the link and some
other advice to keep the phone working. Pretty easy
stuff. Never got so much as a "thank you",
"does not apply", or "kiss my ass" from the fellow.
He can recognize a pathetic loser like you when he sees one.
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Overall, Android has some issues, but I am quite happy with it.
giggle.

You're trying to hard Ahlstrom. People want a phone in their pocket that works.
Not some lil-puter you pathetic weenie.
Foster
He probably googled Chris Ahlstrom and vomited.
Torre Starnes
2012-08-04 23:58:06 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
I wrote the guy an email offering the link and some other advice to keep
the phone working. Pretty easy stuff. Never got so much as a "thank
you", "does not apply", or "kiss my ass" from the fellow.
Having to clear the cache partition every few days is a PITA.
It's more than that so.

Your friend sounds like a typical Linux user BTW.
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Anyway, I went ahead and bought the Razr Maxx a few days ago. It had
Gingerbread, but very quickly updated to ICS. Knowing the issues, I
made sure to install App Killer. But running the built-in "Manage Apps"
works well, too.
Wrong....
App killers are the WORST thing you can do with ICS.
Read the forums.

The philosophy of Android is to allow the OS to manage the apps, and
actually it works rather well and will end apps not being used.
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
So, in general, and contrary to "Torre", I like ICS. So many cool
features.
Like?

Tell me specifically what is improved on the Maxx vs Gingerbread and
why.
And don't google it.
Tell me from your own experience.
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Overall, Android has some issues, but I am quite happy with it.
Our phones are a 'puter in the pocket'.
Android has a LOT of issues.
The boards are overflowing with people complaining of ICS on the
Maxx.
Tattoo Vampire
2012-08-05 02:14:26 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
So, in general, and contrary to "Torre", I like ICS. So many cool
features.
The upgrade to ICS on my Galaxy SII Skyrocket was flawless. And even better,
it's on Samsung's list of devices to get Jellybean later this summer. :)
--
Perhaps this situation requires a more Klingon response.

[tv]
Foster
2012-08-05 02:20:28 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
So, in general, and contrary to "Torre", I like ICS. So many cool
features.
The upgrade to ICS on my Galaxy SII Skyrocket was flawless. And even better,
it's on Samsung's list of devices to get Jellybean later this summer. :)
Maybe on Samsung.

You should check out the Razr Maxx forums and the people who are
pissed at the ICS update.

Oh well, the fragmentation of Linux rears it's ugly head again.

iPhone users don't suffer through this.
Big Steel
2012-08-04 19:03:17 UTC
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.
I'm starting to not like ICS.
I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Of course not. That was the beginning of the new troll cycle. We are now
moving into the middle phase. You are following the script perfectly.
Troll script? What the hell is he babbling about? He's not using ICS on
a Droid RM so he doesn't know the problems, and he babbles ignorantly.
Foster
2012-08-04 23:47:42 UTC
Post by Big Steel
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.
I'm starting to not like ICS.
I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Of course not. That was the beginning of the new troll cycle. We are now
moving into the middle phase. You are following the script perfectly.
Troll script? What the hell is he babbling about? He's not using ICS on
a Droid RM so he doesn't know the problems, and he babbles ignorantly.
He has a Samsung and denies it has reception problems.
I'd love to see him claim that one in a Samsung forum.
They would eat him alive.
Torre Starnes
2012-08-04 23:47:03 UTC
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.
I'm starting to not like ICS.
I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Of course not. That was the beginning of the new troll cycle. We are now
moving into the middle phase. You are following the script perfectly.
Yada yada yada...

Why the hell would I buy a phone, sign a 2 year contract just to
troll?
You really can't understand the problems Android has.

Well seeing as you deny Samsung has reception problems yet the net
is chock full of people screaming, it goes to figure you are starry
eyed and LIEing for LIEnux.
Bob Hauck
2012-08-05 03:26:08 UTC
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.
I'm starting to not like ICS.
I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Of course not. That was the beginning of the new troll cycle. We are now
moving into the middle phase. You are following the script perfectly.
Yada yada yada...
Why the hell would I buy a phone, sign a 2 year contract just to
troll?
I have no way of knowing if you really even own this phone. You lie all
the time and have for years. You change your name like most people
change socks. How am I supposed to know what's true and what's made up?

So I pretty much assume it is all made up. I think most everyone else
here does as well.
Post by Torre Starnes
You really can't understand the problems Android has.
Uh-huh. Says the person who posts 50 times per day here, every day, for
more than 10 years.

When those posts aren't calling people names and belittling them, they
are all about the supposed problems of Linux and Android, as proven by
what you read on "the forums".

That seems to be the extent of your knowledge about most things. Stuff
you read on "the forums", which are never named.
Post by Torre Starnes
Well seeing as you deny Samsung has reception problems yet the net is
chock full of people screaming, it goes to figure you are starry eyed
and LIEing for LIEnux.
Samsung sold 58 million phones of various types last quarter. Way more
than Motorola. So the fact that there are more complaints isn't exactly
surprising.

They also make a lot of different versions that have different hardware
and air interfaces. It seems unlikely that the Qualcomm CDMA/LTE version
has the same problems as the Exynos GSM/HSPA version.

Finally, we are talking about radios with complex modulation schemes
that have a lot of failure modes. So pretty much every phone has issues
with some carriers and in some circumstances.

So until you can be more specific, your "problems" claim is meaningless
FUD.
Bob Hauck
Torre Starnes
2012-08-05 04:23:01 UTC
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.
I'm starting to not like ICS.
I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Of course not. That was the beginning of the new troll cycle. We are now
moving into the middle phase. You are following the script perfectly.
Yada yada yada...
Why the hell would I buy a phone, sign a 2 year contract just to
troll?
I have no way of knowing if you really even own this phone.
You want a pic you loser?

Say so and it's yours.
DFS
2012-08-05 04:48:51 UTC
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.
I'm starting to not like ICS.
I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Of course not. That was the beginning of the new troll cycle. We are now
moving into the middle phase. You are following the script perfectly.
Yada yada yada...
Why the hell would I buy a phone, sign a 2 year contract just to
troll?
I have no way of knowing if you really even own this phone.
You want a pic you loser?
Say so and it's yours.
The pic should include you giving him the finger.

http://bayimg.com/laAkMaAEn
William Poaster
2012-08-05 10:08:53 UTC
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
I was talking and thought the call dropped. Looked at the phone and
it had the red Motorola symbol and was rebooting.
I'm starting to not like ICS.
I had none of these problems with gingerbread.
Of course not. That was the beginning of the new troll cycle. We are now
moving into the middle phase. You are following the script perfectly.
Yada yada yada...
Why the hell would I buy a phone, sign a 2 year contract just to
troll?
I have no way of knowing if you really even own this phone. You lie all
the time and have for years. You change your name like most people
change socks. How am I supposed to know what's true and what's made up?
Or even trawled up from Google, which is more than likely.
Post by Bob Hauck
So I pretty much assume it is all made up. I think most everyone else
here does as well.
+1
Post by Torre Starnes
[...]
"Please excuse Faltfish for being. It was his father's fault."

Chris Ahlstrom
2012-08-05 12:00:20 UTC
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
Why the hell would I buy a phone, sign a 2 year contract just to
troll?
I have no way of knowing if you really even own this phone. You lie all
the time and have for years. You change your name like most people
change socks. How am I supposed to know what's true and what's made up?
So I pretty much assume it is all made up. I think most everyone else
here does as well.
Yup.
Post by Bob Hauck
Post by Torre Starnes
Well seeing as you deny Samsung has reception problems yet the net is
chock full of people screaming, it goes to figure you are starry eyed
and LIEing for LIEnux.
Samsung sold 58 million phones of various types last quarter. Way more
than Motorola. So the fact that there are more complaints isn't exactly
surprising.
They also make a lot of different versions that have different hardware
and air interfaces. It seems unlikely that the Qualcomm CDMA/LTE version
has the same problems as the Exynos GSM/HSPA version.
Finally, we are talking about radios with complex modulation schemes
that have a lot of failure modes. So pretty much every phone has issues
with some carriers and in some circumstances.
So until you can be more specific, your "problems" claim is meaningless
FUD.
Besides, the smartphones are essentially computers, and that also brings
up the potential for failure modes, much like you see in Windows
computers. You don't see "Torre" WhINing about WINdows; instead it is
slandering Android.
--
What nonsense are you talking about now you nasty little creep?
I have made my points clear here numerous times and even educated you
once on ssh, keys fail2ban etc.
And my point here stands : TomB getting wood over command line is simply
pathetic in most cases when you have a piss easy to use UI like
firestarter which is FAR more advisable for MOST people.
You also miss the obvious point, as you did when shilling that bighead
Hilliard about how NOT compiling your own drivers dumbs you down, that
the great mjority simply dont care how it works. They just want it to
work.
TomB is one of these who learns a bit of command line and then fails to
check if he is using best practices as he is so pleased with himself for
being "hardcore". We have seen this with his lack of understanding that
- downloading, unarchiving and "making" as root is BAD
- leaving root terminals open is BAD
- ./configure is the STANDARD for preparing builds
- allowing root SSH access is BAD
- consistent UIs are more productive and easier to use
I could go on. But you will kiss his arse regardless because you're a
wannabe CLI jockey who can never stoop too low in your desire to suck up
to "advocates". As many people have asked : grow a set and try thinking
before you make your silly, nerdy little "me too" pip squeak posts.
-- "Hadron" <9tju57-***@news.eternal-september.org>
Ian Hilliard
2012-08-04 13:02:31 UTC
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
Once again lies, damned lies and marketing.
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/221213/keep_malware_off_your_android_phone_5_quick_tips.html>
5) Put a malware and antivirus scanner on your phone. Although many
people still think that antivirus scanners on phones are useless, maybe
outbreaks such as this one will change minds. Several different big-name
security companies already offer mobile-security options, many of them
free. I myself had downloaded "Spider Man," which is on a bad-apps list.
My Lookout software identified it as a Trojan horse.
Virus scanners are broken by design as they only stop known malware. If
Windows wasn't such a security disaster, there wouldn't be virus
scanners at all.

As for pushing for phones to have virus scanners, this is a good way to
chew up a lot of CPU time and battery for little return. Of course, I
sure that someone plans to make money out of it, hence the infomercials.

Ian
Foster
2012-08-04 13:11:16 UTC
Post by Ian Hilliard
Virus scanners are broken by design as they only stop known malware.
Bzzzt!

Wrong answer Ian.

You might want to research heuristic detection.
Post by Ian Hilliard
If
Windows wasn't such a security disaster, there wouldn't be virus
scanners at all.
Bzzzt!

Wrong answer again Ian.

If desktop Linux weren't so unpopular it too would have virus
scanners.
See Android for examples.

Why are you wrong so much Ian?
Are you really Gotard in disguise?
Big Steel
I think Nod32 lead the way on that.
Foster
2012-08-04 23:48:23 UTC
Post by Big Steel
Post by Foster
Post by Ian Hilliard
Virus scanners are broken by design as they only stop known malware.
Bzzzt!
Wrong answer Ian.
You might want to research heuristic detection.
I think Nod32 lead the way on that.
I believe you are correct.
It's still not perfected but it does work rather well.
Ian Hilliard
2012-08-04 14:24:30 UTC
Post by Foster
Post by Ian Hilliard
Virus scanners are broken by design as they only stop known malware.
Bzzzt!
Wrong answer Ian.
You might want to research heuristic detection.
...and yet there are constantly new infections. The answer is that a
change in behaviour is then not detected. I guess that if you had a clue
you wouldn't be wasting your time trolling COLA.
Post by Foster
Post by Ian Hilliard
If
Windows wasn't such a security disaster, there wouldn't be virus
scanners at all.
Bzzzt!
Once again you prove how little you know. Any system that will
automatically install software on a users' system and then provides
mechanism to hide the installation is broken by design. It doesn't
matter whether there are certificates involved or not.

You've got a big mouth, but no clue. I guess that it is to be expected
that a professional troll wouldn't have a clue.

Ian
DFS
2012-08-04 14:52:36 UTC
Post by Ian Hilliard
Post by Foster
Post by Ian Hilliard
If
Windows wasn't such a security disaster, there wouldn't be virus
scanners at all.
Bzzzt!
Once again you prove how little you know. Any system that will
automatically install software on a users' system and then provides
mechanism to hide the installation is broken by design.It doesn't
matter whether there are certificates involved or not.
You've got a big mouth, but no clue. I guess that it is to be expected
that a professional troll wouldn't have a clue.
Tell us again how "PC applications to not keep the traffic running,
control the traffic lights, keep your bus on time, keep your trains
running, provide the control for nuclear reactors, provide safety
relevant systems for factories or detect if you are sick."

You bumbling ignoramus.

1) traffic control:
Sydney Coordinated Adaptive Traffic System
http://www.scats.com.au/product_family_options.html

traffic mapping and routing - Windows only
http://www.ptvag.com/fileadmin/files_ptvag.com/download/logistics/info/Developer/Factsheet_PTV-MapServer_mapping_routing_desktop_en_2011.pdf

2) bus scheduling:
http://www.trapezegroup.com/novus-flex

3) train scheduling:
http://www.giro.ca/en/products/hastus/rail-scheduling.htm

(note: you're so ignorant you really don't understand scheduling
algorithms can be encapsulated in VB (C\C++\C#\Java\python etc) and run
on a low-powered Windows PC to keep track of many thousands of vehicles)

4) nuclear reactor and industrial control software:

* whatever Windows apps they were using in the Iranian nuclear
facilities that were hit by the Stuxnet virus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuxnet#Natanz_nuclear_facilities

* Bushehr nuclear power plant in Iran:
http://www.upi.com/News_Photos/Features/The-Nuclear-Issue-in-Iran/1581/2/

* www.siemens.com/simatic-software

5) factory and building safety systems:
https://buildingsolutions.honeywell.com/Cultures/en-US/ServicesSolutions/FireLifeSafetySolutions/HoneywellLifeSafetyManager/

6) who knows what a clown like you means when you say 'detect if you are
sick', but there are a shitload of medical and dental apps for Windows,
plus there are healthcare devices and monitoring systems running Windows
and Windows Embedded.

http://www.bostonatlantic.net/services-software-engineering.htm

http://www.zoemedical.com/MPC%20Screen%20Shots.htm
Ian Hilliard
2012-08-04 18:50:49 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Ian Hilliard
Post by Foster
Post by Ian Hilliard
[...]
Poor DooFus goes off half cocked again.

The back end monitoring systems run Windows, but the traffic lights are
controlled by embedded controllers. The documentation does not say what
they are using, but it is probably VxWorks, Green Hills or even RT
Linux. Unless you want some serious problems with overheating and
unreliability, you don't use X86 and Windows. With the work that I do, I
would be laughed out of the room if I even suggested.

Ian
Chris Ahlstrom
2012-08-05 00:20:46 UTC
Post by Ian Hilliard
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Poor DooFus goes off half cocked again.
Of course. He's trying to hijack the thread, and turn it to something
that he things is a "winner" for Windows, while dodging your points.
Post by Ian Hilliard
The back end monitoring systems run Windows, but the traffic lights are
controlled by embedded controllers. The documentation does not say what
they are using, but it is probably VxWorks, Green Hills or even RT
Linux. Unless you want some serious problems with overheating and
unreliability, you don't use X86 and Windows. With the work that I do, I
would be laughed out of the room if I even suggested.
Windows is "fine" for monitoring. Control? Not so good.
--
I did. "Vaughan" IS a nymshifter.
Who was it that claimed he needed millisecond synchronisation for their
-- "Hadron" <hjcg8v$oth$***@hadron.eternal-september.org>
Foster
2012-08-05 00:33:23 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Ian Hilliard
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Poor DooFus goes off half cocked again.
Of course. He's trying to hijack the thread, and turn it to something
that he things is a "winner" for Windows, while dodging your points.
You ignore the fact that Ian is completely wrong in his comments.
Why is that Chris Ahlstrom?
Chris Ahlstrom
2012-08-05 00:35:47 UTC
Post by Ian Hilliard
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Poor DooFus goes off half cocked again.
Of course. He's trying to hijack the thread, and turn it to something
that he thinks is a "winner" for Windows, while dodging your points.
DFS
2012-08-06 23:46:23 UTC
Post by Ian Hilliard
Post by DFS
Post by Ian Hilliard
Post by Foster
Post by Ian Hilliard
[...]
s/goes off half cocked/beats my dumb ass
Post by Ian Hilliard
The back end monitoring systems run Windows, but the traffic lights are
controlled by embedded controllers. The documentation does not say what
they are using, but it is probably VxWorks, Green Hills or even RT
Linux.
Or maybe it's Windows Embedded.
Post by Ian Hilliard
Unless you want some serious problems with overheating and
unreliability, you don't use X86 and Windows.
Silly - but what else can you expect from Linux "advocates"?

Page 14: Industrial PCs

http://www.automation.siemens.com/mcms/pc-based-automation/en/industrial-pc/Pages/Default.aspx

Rack PCs: 64-bit Win 7 and/or Win Server 2008 R2
Box PCs: XP, Win7, or Win Embedded
Panel PCs: XP and Win Embedded
RTOS - RMOS3: GNU tools, hosted on Windows only
Post by Ian Hilliard
With the work that I do, I
would be laughed out of the room if I even suggested.
huh? You recently admitted you DO use Windows for the work you do.

Ian Hilliard drooling: "Still some fool in IT, who doesn't know any
better, decided to make our lives hell, so that Microsoft can make more
money."

Why can't you keep your lies straight?
Hadron
2012-08-06 23:48:36 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Ian Hilliard
With the work that I do, I
would be laughed out of the room if I even suggested.
huh? You recently admitted you DO use Windows for the work you do.
Ian Hilliard drooling: "Still some fool in IT, who doesn't know any better,
decided to make our lives hell, so that Microsoft can make more money."
Why can't you keep your lies straight?
Linus "advocates" prove daily that liars need to have good
memories. Most "advocates" dont. Who can forget Creepy forgetting he had
boasted about his Windows related income, or how he "forgot" I schooled
him on the nvidia installer and the issues in Debian. LOL.
Foster
2012-08-07 00:31:12 UTC
Post by Hadron
Post by DFS
Post by Ian Hilliard
With the work that I do, I
would be laughed out of the room if I even suggested.
huh? You recently admitted you DO use Windows for the work you do.
Ian Hilliard drooling: "Still some fool in IT, who doesn't know any better,
decided to make our lives hell, so that Microsoft can make more money."
Why can't you keep your lies straight?
Linus "advocates" prove daily that liars need to have good
memories. Most "advocates" dont. Who can forget Creepy forgetting he had
boasted about his Windows related income, or how he "forgot" I schooled
him on the nvidia installer and the issues in Debian. LOL.
Exactly.

Look at Goobs for example.
He keeps squawking that he has already answered DFS's questions yet
he can't seem to post links.

Nobody
2012-08-04 17:12:51 UTC
Post by Ian Hilliard
Post by Foster
Post by Ian Hilliard
Virus scanners are broken by design as they only stop known malware.
Bzzzt!
Wrong answer Ian.
You might want to research heuristic detection.
...and yet there are constantly new infections. The answer is that a
change in behaviour is then not detected. I guess that if you had a clue
you wouldn't be wasting your time trolling COLA.
Also these "heuristic detection" programs block legitimate programs as
well as what they're supposed to protect against, leaving the user to
find work-arounds.

[...]
Big Steel
2012-08-04 13:12:12 UTC
Post by Ian Hilliard
Post by Big Steel
<snipped>
Post by Ian Hilliard
Once again lies, damned lies and marketing.
<http://www.pcworld.com/article/221213/keep_malware_off_your_android_phone_5_quick_tips.html>
5) Put a malware and antivirus scanner on your phone. Although many
people still think that antivirus scanners on phones are useless, maybe
outbreaks such as this one will change minds. Several different big-name
security companies already offer mobile-security options, many of them
free. I myself had downloaded "Spider Man," which is on a bad-apps list.
My Lookout software identified it as a Trojan horse.
Virus scanners are broken by design as they only stop known malware. If
Windows wasn't such a security disaster, there wouldn't be virus
scanners at all.
LOL! What deos it have to do with Windows? That's your pet out, your
big excuse and a COLA worthless saying "everything is broken by design"
you are a joke, like COLA.
Post by Ian Hilliard
As for pushing for phones to have virus scanners, this is a good way to
chew up a lot of CPU time and battery for little return. Of course, I
sure that someone plans to make money out of it, hence the infomercials.
All I see out of you is lip-service. You let me know when you become an
expert on ANYTHING! You are not an expert on anything, and you will
never be one either so don't act like something you are NOT!
Foster
2012-08-04 13:14:57 UTC
Post by Big Steel
Post by Ian Hilliard
As for pushing for phones to have virus scanners, this is a good way to
chew up a lot of CPU time and battery for little return. Of course, I
sure that someone plans to make money out of it, hence the infomercials.
All I see out of you is lip-service. You let me know when you become an
expert on ANYTHING! You are not an expert on anything, and you will
never be one either so don't act like something you are NOT!
I just took a look at the ICS battery information program on my Razr
Max and Junos Pulse isn't even listed in the app list for using
battery.
The lowest is at 2 percent and is the Boat Browser.

As usual, Ian doesn't know what he is talking about,.
Big Steel
2012-08-04 13:31:31 UTC
Post by Foster
Post by Big Steel
Post by Ian Hilliard
As for pushing for phones to have virus scanners, this is a good way to
chew up a lot of CPU time and battery for little return. Of course, I
sure that someone plans to make money out of it, hence the infomercials.
All I see out of you is lip-service. You let me know when you become an
expert on ANYTHING! You are not an expert on anything, and you will
never be one either so don't act like something you are NOT!
I just took a look at the ICS battery information program on my Razr
Max and Junos Pulse isn't even listed in the app list for using
battery.
The lowest is at 2 percent and is the Boat Browser.
As usual, Ian doesn't know what he is talking about,.
Lookout doesn't show as a application using battery either on my Droid
RM. Of course all applications running on the phone suck battery life.
But Lookout is not a big enough offender to be shown. I have couple of
apps that are continually running but not an impact on battery life either.

The biggest offenders are:

1) Screen 93%
2) Android OS at 5%
3) Android System at 3%

I am also sure that WIFI Hot-spot uses a lot of power taking down
battery life quickly.
Foster
2012-08-04 23:42:40 UTC
Post by Big Steel
Post by Foster
Post by Big Steel
Post by Ian Hilliard
[...]
Pretty much what I have although screen is 78 percent. I noticed a
huge jump in screen percentage with ICS.
DFS
2012-08-04 13:22:07 UTC
If Linux wasn't such a complete disaster... well, then it wouldn't be Linux.
Foster
2012-08-04 13:24:21 UTC
ROTFLMAO !
DFS
2012-08-04 13:29:50 UTC
Post by Foster
Post by DFS
If Windows wasn't such a security disaster, there wouldn't be virus
scanners at all.
If Linux wasn't such a complete disaster... well, then it wouldn't be Linux.
ROTFLMAO !
Only in la-la land do you see this kind of thing:

Foster
2012-08-04 13:31:06 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by Foster
Post by DFS
If Windows wasn't such a security disaster, there wouldn't be virus
scanners at all.
If Linux wasn't such a complete disaster... well, then it wouldn't be Linux.
ROTFLMAO !
https://sites.google.com/site/casoffware/Home/pix/xcompmgr-snapshot.png?attredirects=0
What a mess.
What is the purpose of something like that?
You can't read anything that's for sure.
Nobody
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/44915/how-to-change-window-transparency-in-windows-7/
Big Steel
2012-08-04 23:30:01 UTC
Post by Nobody
Post by Foster
Post by DFS
Post by Foster
Post by DFS
If Windows wasn't such a security disaster, there wouldn't be virus
scanners at all.
If Linux wasn't such a complete disaster... well, then it wouldn't be Linux.
ROTFLMAO !
https://sites.google.com/site/casoffware/Home/pix/xcompmgr-snapshot.png?attredirects=0
What a mess.
What is the purpose of something like that?
You can't read anything that's for sure.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/44915/how-to-change-window-transparency-in-windows-7/
When you leave don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out.

BINGO!
Chris Ahlstrom
2012-08-05 00:31:43 UTC
<sniff sniff> I smell a thread hijack coming up.
Post by Nobody
Post by Foster
Post by DFS
https://sites.google.com/site/casoffware/Home/pix/xcompmgr-snapshot.png?attredirects=0
Does DFS mean "la-la land" like Windows?

Or

Post by Nobody
Post by Foster
What a mess.
What is the purpose of something like that?
You can't read anything that's for sure.
Of course you can. It's just a demo, anyway. Besides, it does have
some useful functionality.
Post by Nobody
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/44915/how-to-change-window-transparency-in-windows-7/
Nuts, aren't they? They don't even know their own OS all that well, it
seems.
--
If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y
is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.