There seems to be some confusion...the score is DFS 24, Ubuntu/cola idiots 2
DFS
2011-03-08 03:57:34 UTC
The confusion is about my recent personal exploration of Ubuntu 10.10
crapware and discovery of various bugs and bullshit "design flaws" and
lame-ass "expected behavior". I'm going to recap my posts and evidence,
and tally the score.

1. Feb 18: "Why does Ubuntu crapware call my removable disk an 076A-F90A?"
Here I showed how Gnome labels a removable drive '2.1gb Filesystem' on
the desktop, but labels it '076A-F90A' when you browse it. There's no
excuse.
Score: DFS +1

2. Feb 19: "Ubuntu claims Linux is "essentially a clone of the Unix kernel".
Here I showed a quote from the Ubuntu documentation. Many cola idiots
claim Linux is not a clone of the Unix kernel.
Score: DFS +1

3. Feb 19: "Why does Ubuntu crapware let me browse
/usr/bin/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/X11/".
This is just bad slopware programming. There's no excuse.
Score: DFS +1

4. Feb 19: "Why does Ubuntu crapware treat the removable disk differently?"
Here it turns out Disk Utility Safe Removal did not work at all, ever,
with my removable drive (bug), and desktop Safely Remove would close it
out even if you were editing a file on the removable drive (slopware).
There's no excuse.
Score: DFS +1

5. Feb 19: "Why does my Linux crapware identify a mouse as a keyboard?"
Here I showed a Debian bug in which some mice were identified as
keyboards. There's no excuse.
Score: DFS +1

6. Feb 21: "A barrage of Linux geekiness"
Here I showed the *ridiculous* and mind-numbing geek description of an
Ubuntu update. Nobody but a hard-core developer would understand what
they were talking about, and even then wouldn't test it or give a shit.
Score: DFS +1

7. Feb 21: "See Ubuntu crapware consistency in action!"
Here I showed the totally inconsistent wording and CPU numbering between
different tabs on the System Monitor app
Score: DFS +1

8. Feb 21: "More Ubuntu slopware USB handling"
Here I showed more 'safely remove' Ubuntu fubar
Score: DFS +1

9. Feb 21: "Watch Ubuntu crapware turn the volume up past 100%!"
Here I showed the silly slider which allows the user to turn the volume
up some arbitrary amount past 100%. WTF? At best it's ridiculous - at
worst it blows out your speakers.
Score: DFS +1

10. Feb 21: "Ubuntu crapware, where did you hide my USB permissions?"
Here I showed how the shitware will not show you permissions from the
desktop, but will show you permissions from the Nautilus file browser.
Score: DFS +1

11. Feb 21: "Linux: 'cause reboots are for kernel updates..."
Here I showed how Ubuntu forces the user to reboot to activate a video
driver. For years, Linux idiots have claimed reboots are only for
kernel updates.
Score: DFS +1

12. Feb 24: "More Ubuntu slopware USB issues"
Here I fucked up. I thought data on a freshly formatted USB drive was
put in the 'Lost+Found' folder (duh).
Score: Ubuntu/cola idiots +1

13. Feb 25: "root may own that ext4 'Lost+Found' folder..."
Here I showed how the victim can't read/write/copy/delete lost+found,
but can rename it. According to "advocates" rename is OK and is
expected behavior according to the filesystem permissions, but some
"advocates" claim I should also be able to delete the folder.
I think it's bogus, but that's how Lunix works.
Score: DFS +1 (for finding a true Nautilus bug)

14. Feb 25: "Lunix slopware: the sheer wastefulness of ext4"
Here I showed how ext4 by default gobbled up 95mb (out of 2gb) more disk
space upon formatting than did NTFS.
Score: DFS +1

15. Feb 27: "Taking out the Ubuntu trash - 40 times"
Here I showed how clicking the Trash icon opened a new Trash folder
every time. How silly.
Score: DFS +1

16. Feb 27: "The Ubuntu crapware sure puts on a show at bootup"
Here I described how amateurish the junk looks during bootup: flickering
and flashing screens, blank screens, boot messages, 4 dots..
Score: DFS +1

17. Feb 27: "Ubuntu Crapware Center: loses track of 5 'technical items'"
Here I showed another bug, this one in Ubuntu Software Center
Score: DFS +1

18. Feb 28: "Ubuntu crapware: did the users really leave like I told
them to?"
Here I showed how User accounts deleted via the Users & Groups app still
show up in the top-right menu
Score: DFS +1

19. Feb 28: "Ubuntu/Gnome crapware: Safe Removal really is safe..."
Here I showed how the Disk Utility will never do a Safe Removal of my
USB drive.
Score: DFS +0 (already +1 on Feb 21)

20. Feb 28: "Can I add a User or not, Ubuntu crapware?"
Here I showed how you can't add back a User you just deleted
Score: DFS +1

21. Feb 28: "What we have here is Syncraptic failure to execute"
Here I showed how the Syncraptic package removal didn't remove the item
from the menu
Score: DFS +1

22. Feb 28: "Why do you list disabled accounts in the login menu, Ubuntu
crapware?"
Here I explain how disabled user accounts are shown in the login menu
Score: DFS +1

23. Mar 1: "Who exactly should I switch to, Ubuntu crapware?"
Here I showed Ubuntu giving you the option to switch from the only user
it has listed? huh?
Score: DFS +1

24. Mar 1: "When is a folder not a folder? When it's
Ubuntu-Gnome-Nautilus crapware, of course"
Here I showed 2 instances of the hobbyware telling me a folder wasn't a
folder.
Score: DFS +1

25. Mar 1: "It's 2011, and the Linux hobbyware still fails at basic file
handling."
Here I sort of fucked up, as I ran 'gksudo Nautilus' which meant some
file operations applied to root, but Ubuntu/cola idiots get no points
because the hobbyware continued to show the user desktop and gave no
warnings.
Score: no points awarded

26. Mar 2: "Why don't root group permissions work, Ubuntu crapware?"
Here I mucked up, plain and simple. I went too fast and misread owner
permissions as group permissions.
Score: Ubuntu/cola idiots +1

27. Mar 2: "Ubuntu-Gnome crapware, why is your power mgmt so far behind?"
Here I showed the simpleton, backward power mgmt options of Gnome.
Score: DFS +1

28. I never posted about them, but I experienced some of the bogus
freezes so many complain about. What would happen is I would expand a
menu (such as Applications | Internet), and hovering the mouse over it
would not expand the submenu. In some cases, even clicking on the menu
would do nothing at all - I would have to leave that item and come back.
Setting Admin | Preferences | Visual Effects to none eliminated the
freezing.
Score: DFS +1

Final tally:
DFS 24
Ubuntu and Linux idiots 2

So suck it, chumps. In late 2010, your flagship^t crapware distro is
still poorly-tested hobby-level coding - just like it was in 2001. And
it takes a Windows user to prove it.
Tattoo Vampire
2011-03-08 09:46:51 UTC
Post by DFS
The confusion is about my recent personal exploration of Ubuntu 10.10
The only thing you've explored lately is Quack Qualig's poop chute.
--
Best regards,
[tv]

Circular Definition: see Definition, Circular.
Norman Peelman
2011-03-08 11:29:09 UTC
Post by DFS
The confusion is about my recent personal exploration of Ubuntu 10.10
crapware and discovery of various bugs and bullshit "design flaws" and
lame-ass "expected behavior". I'm going to recap my posts and evidence,
and tally the score.
25. Mar 1: "It's 2011, and the Linux hobbyware still fails at basic file
handling."
Here I sort of fucked up, as I ran 'gksudo Nautilus' which meant some
file operations applied to root, but Ubuntu/cola idiots get no points
because the hobbyware continued to show the user desktop and gave no
warnings.
Score: no points awarded
Wouldn't that be: 'File operations apply -with- root privileges...'
since you are asking for root access (gksudo) but aren't actually
running as root?
--
Norman
Registered Linux user #461062
AMD64X2 6400+ Ubuntu 8.04 64bit
DFS
2011-03-09 01:24:48 UTC
Post by Norman Peelman
Post by DFS
The confusion is about my recent personal exploration of Ubuntu 10.10
crapware and discovery of various bugs and bullshit "design flaws" and
lame-ass "expected behavior". I'm going to recap my posts and
evidence, and tally the score.
25. Mar 1: "It's 2011, and the Linux hobbyware still fails at basic
file handling."
Here I sort of fucked up, as I ran 'gksudo Nautilus' which meant some
file operations applied to root, but Ubuntu/cola idiots get no points
because the hobbyware continued to show the user desktop and gave no
warnings.
Score: no points awarded
Wouldn't that be: 'File operations apply -with- root privileges...'
since you are asking for root access (gksudo) but aren't actually
running as root?
Hard to say. If I'm not running as root, I can't see why Nautilus would
change the defaults to /root/Desktop and /root/Home Folder.

I'm sure it's "expected behavior"... I'm just not sure who would expect it
Chris
2011-03-09 18:35:18 UTC
Post by DFS
Hard to say. If I'm not running as root, I can't see why Nautilus would
change the defaults to /root/Desktop and /root/Home Folder.
I'm sure it's "expected behavior"... I'm just not sure who would expect it
MUST... RESIST... TO... ANSWER....

The Desktop folder is $HOME/Desktop. If your $HOME changes to /root then
your Desktop folder obviously is /root/Desktop.

I failed. :(

But I really will try to improve now. I promise.
JEDIDIAH
2011-03-10 19:51:13 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by DFS
Hard to say. If I'm not running as root, I can't see why Nautilus would
change the defaults to /root/Desktop and /root/Home Folder.
I'm sure it's "expected behavior"... I'm just not sure who would expect it
MUST... RESIST... TO... ANSWER....
The Desktop folder is $HOME/Desktop. If your $HOME changes to /root then
your Desktop folder obviously is /root/Desktop.
I failed. :(
But I really will try to improve now. I promise.
As always: DFS is a legend in his own mind...
--
Apple: Because if it's not Quicktime, then it's pirated. |||
/ | \
DFS
2011-03-10 22:50:51 UTC
Post by JEDIDIAH
Post by Chris
Post by DFS
Hard to say. If I'm not running as root, I can't see why Nautilus would
change the defaults to /root/Desktop and /root/Home Folder.
I'm sure it's "expected behavior"... I'm just not sure who would expect it
MUST... RESIST... TO... ANSWER....
The Desktop folder is $HOME/Desktop. If your $HOME changes to /root then
your Desktop folder obviously is /root/Desktop.
I failed. :(
But I really will try to improve now. I promise.
As always: DFS is a legend in his own mind...
?

Finding Ubuntu crapware problems is nothing to brag about. Most of them
jump off the screen.

Why do Linux freeloaders have such low standards for software quality...
whoops, answered my own question.
JEDIDIAH
2011-03-11 15:14:47 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by JEDIDIAH
Post by Chris
Post by DFS
Hard to say. If I'm not running as root, I can't see why Nautilus would
change the defaults to /root/Desktop and /root/Home Folder.
I'm sure it's "expected behavior"... I'm just not sure who would expect it
MUST... RESIST... TO... ANSWER....
The Desktop folder is $HOME/Desktop. If your $HOME changes to /root then
your Desktop folder obviously is /root/Desktop.
I failed. :(
But I really will try to improve now. I promise.
As always: DFS is a legend in his own mind...
?
Finding Ubuntu crapware problems is nothing to brag about. Most of them
You found no problems. All you did was expose your own ignorance.
--
Metallica is not worth the ruination of someone |||
who has pirated their music / | \
DFS

Ubuntu and Linux idiots 2
Hadron
2011-03-11 17:40:58 UTC
Post by DFS
Post by JEDIDIAH
Post by DFS
Post by JEDIDIAH
Post by Chris
Post by DFS
[...]
Jed is beotch slapped so often his chins constantly tremble. He will
now retort with "repeating a like doesnt make it the truth" or some
other nonsense.
Snit
[INSERT .SIG HERE]
Tattoo Vampire
2011-03-11 18:45:55 UTC
Post by DFS
27. Mar 2: "Ubuntu-Gnome crapware, why is your power mgmt so far behind?"
Here I showed the simpleton, backward power mgmt options of Gnome.
Score: DFS +1
28. I never posted about them, but I experienced some of the bogus
freezes so many complain about. What would happen is I would expand a
menu (such as Applications | Internet), and hovering the mouse over it
would not expand the submenu. In some cases, even clicking on the menu
would do nothing at all - I would have to leave that item and come back.
Setting Admin | Preferences | Visual Effects to none eliminated the
freezing.
Score: DFS +1
29. Mar 11: d00F still a trolling snotfuck.

Score: d00F - 1,000,000,000,000
--
Best regards,
[tv]

Chuck Norris can judge a book by its cover
DFS
2011-03-11 18:51:12 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by DFS
27. Mar 2: "Ubuntu-Gnome crapware, why is your power mgmt so far behind?"
Here I showed the simpleton, backward power mgmt options of Gnome.
Score: DFS +1
28. I never posted about them, but I experienced some of the bogus
freezes so many complain about. What would happen is I would expand a
menu (such as Applications | Internet), and hovering the mouse over it
would not expand the submenu. In some cases, even clicking on the menu
would do nothing at all - I would have to leave that item and come back.
Setting Admin | Preferences | Visual Effects to none eliminated the
freezing.
Score: DFS +1
29. Mar 11: d00F still a trolling snotfuck.
Score: d00F - 1,000,000,000,000
Get it together, fat man.

Do you realize you have basically never made a technical post to cola?
Maybe once or twice in 5 years. wtf?

And here you go again, snipping and running and unable to defend your
Linux crapware.

Here: pick a few and try:

Tattoo Vampire
2011-03-11 20:30:28 UTC
Post by DFS
Do you realize you have basically never made a technical post to cola?
Maybe once or twice in 5 years. wtf?
Am I required to, wimp?
--
Best regards,
[tv]

He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Chris Ahlstrom
2011-03-11 23:28:52 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by DFS
Do you realize you have basically never made a technical post to cola?
Maybe once or twice in 5 years. wtf?
Am I required to, wimp?
Nope. Neither has DFS. Not even counting his veebee code.
--
"If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and
the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money it values more, it will
-- W. Somerset Maugham
DFS
2011-03-11 23:57:45 UTC
You're not required to wipe after #2 either, moron, but it's a good idea.
Tattoo Vampire
2011-03-12 02:36:15 UTC
Post by DFS
You're not required to wipe after #2 either, moron, but it's a good idea.
That's what I pay you for. Now get over here fast, I had Mexican for dinner.
--
Best regards,
[tv]
Owner, Trollus Amongus LLC
Chris Ahlstrom
2011-03-12 12:08:01 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by DFS
You're not required to wipe after #2 either, moron, but it's a good idea.
That's what I pay you for. Now get over here fast, I had Mexican for dinner.
I always knew he was an asswipe.
--
<elmo> unclean: err, the admin team do not control the archive, that's the
ftp cabal
<elmo> get your cabals right, damn it :-P
Tattoo Vampire
2011-03-12 14:44:01 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
I always knew he was an asswipe.
And quite good at it. At least he has *one* skill he can lay claim to, the
poor bastard.
--
Best regards,
[tv]

Time is the best teacher; unfortunately, it kills all its students.
flatfish+++
2011-03-12 16:30:15 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by DFS
You're not required to wipe after #2 either, moron, but it's a good idea.
That's what I pay you for. Now get over here fast, I had Mexican for dinner.
I always knew he was an asswipe.
You seem to have a fascination with fecal matter, pee pees and so forth
Liarmutt.

Very strange.
TomB
2011-03-12 17:31:49 UTC
Post by flatfish+++
Tattoo Vampire wrote this copyrighted missive and expects
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by DFS
You're not required to wipe after #2 either, moron, but it's a good idea.
That's what I pay you for. Now get over here fast, I had Mexican for dinner.
I always knew he was an asswipe.
You seem to have a fascination with fecal matter, pee pees and so
forth Liarmutt.
Very strange.
Says the guy who giggles whenever someone mentiones the SheevaPlug.
--
The box said: 'install on Windows 95, NT 4.0 or better'.
So I installed it on Linux.
Chris Ahlstrom
2011-03-12 18:27:02 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by DFS
You're not required to wipe after #2 either, moron, but it's a good idea.
That's what I pay you for. Now get over here fast, I had Mexican for dinner.
I always knew he was an asswipe.
You seem to have a fascination with fecal matter, pee pees and so
forth Liarmutt.
Very strange.
Says the guy who giggles whenever someone mentiones the SheevaPlug.
Flounder is still, mentally, a child.

Note the self-nuking term, Liarmutt, by the way. A fair number of "nyms"
seem to use that term, so it may also constitute a sort of litmus test.
Of idiocy, among other things. "Linosuck" is another self-nuking litmus
test.
Do not attempt this in your home.
flatfish+++
2011-03-12 18:32:05 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by DFS
You're not required to wipe after #2 either, moron, but it's a good idea.
That's what I pay you for. Now get over here fast, I had Mexican for dinner.
I always knew he was an asswipe.
You seem to have a fascination with fecal matter, pee pees and so
forth Liarmutt.
Very strange.
Says the guy who giggles whenever someone mentiones the SheevaPlug.
Flounder is still, mentally, a child.
Why do you crave my attention?
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Note the self-nuking term, Liarmutt, by the way. A fair number of "nyms"
seem to use that term, so it may also constitute a sort of litmus test.
Of idiocy, among other things. "Linosuck" is another self-nuking litmus
test.
1. You LIE for LIEnux. Sometimes directly, mostly by omission.
2. You follow people around like a lost puppy dog in search of a master.
3. You suck up to those people looking for attention.

Henceforth the monikers, Liarmutt, Linosuck and so forth.
Tattoo Vampire
2011-03-12 19:46:22 UTC
Post by flatfish+++
Why do you crave my attention?
Why do you crave ours?
--
Best regards,
[tv]

Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the
information he wants.
flatfish+++
2011-03-12 20:29:04 UTC
You first.
Chris Ahlstrom
2011-03-12 20:48:13 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by flatfish+++
Why do you crave my attention?
We don't. Go away, troll.
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Why do you crave ours?
He's mentally ill.
--
I cannot overemphasize the importance of good grammar.

What a crock. I could easily overemphasize the importance of good
grammar. For example, I could say: "Bad grammar is the leading cause
of slow, painful death in North America," or "Without good grammar, the
United States would have lost World War II."
-- Dave Barry, "An Utterly Absurd Look at Grammar"
flatfish+++
2011-03-13 03:34:01 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by flatfish+++
Why do you crave my attention?
We don't. Go away, troll.
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Why do you crave ours?
He's mentally ill.
Still responding 3rd party Liarmutt.

Why are you frightened by us "trolls" ?
Chris Ahlstrom
2011-03-12 20:49:54 UTC
Post by flatfish+++
1. You LIE for LIEnux. Sometimes directly, mostly by omission.
2. You follow people around like a lost puppy dog in search of a master.
3. You suck up to those people looking for attention.
Preposterous.
Post by flatfish+++
Henceforth the monikers, Liarmutt, Linosuck and so forth.
0.1 out of 10 on the trolling meter, due to endless repetition of the same
troll, and the utter preposterousness of the claims.
You will be aided greatly by a person whom you thought to be unimportant.
Sinister Midget III
2011-03-13 00:34:51 UTC
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Post by flatfish+++
1. You LIE for LIEnux. Sometimes directly, mostly by omission.
2. You follow people around like a lost puppy dog in search of a master.
3. You suck up to those people looking for attention.
TARD-O-METER

6*
5* *7

4* *8

3* *9 Gullible

2* *10 Infantile

1* | * Feebleminded

0* -*- * Stupid

* |\ * Idiotic

* \ * Moronic

* \ * Retarded

* \ * Severely Retarded

* _\/ * Trektard

* * Windope
*
Post by Chris Ahlstrom
Preposterous.
Post by flatfish+++
Henceforth the monikers, Liarmutt, Linosuck and so forth.
0.1 out of 10 on the trolling meter, due to endless repetition of the same
troll, and the utter preposterousness of the claims.
-5 -4 -3 -2 -1 0 1
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
TROLL-O-METER
--
Vuja De - The Feeling You've Never Been Here
Aspire One, Peppermint Ice
Friends don't let friends use Windows
flatfish+++
2011-03-13 03:35:19 UTC
Post by flatfish+++
Henceforth the monikers, Liarmutt, Linosuck and so forth.
0.1 out of 10 on the trolling meter, due to endless repetition of the same
troll, and the utter preposterousness of the claims.
I thought you had me kill filed...

You just proved # 1 correct......

You will LIE for LIEnux.

It's trivial to prove #2 and #3.

Right Liarmutt?
chrisv
2011-03-14 13:06:06 UTC
Post by flatfish+++
1. You LIE for LIEnux. Sometimes directly, mostly by omission.
Easy to claim. But it's not true.
Post by flatfish+++
2. You follow people around like a lost puppy dog in search of a master.
Like you and your shitty pals.
Ben
2011-03-14 13:49:25 UTC
Post by chrisv
Like you and your shitty pals.
another kwalitie post from the turd.

"chrisv" is a liar. "chrisv" is a piece of shit.

Chris Ahlstrom
2011-03-11 23:28:13 UTC
Post by Tattoo Vampire
Post by DFS
27. Mar 2: "Ubuntu-Gnome crapware, why is your power mgmt so far behind?"
Here I showed the simpleton, backward power mgmt options of Gnome.
Score: DFS +1
28. I never posted about them, but I experienced some of the bogus
freezes so many complain about. What would happen is I would expand a
menu (such as Applications | Internet), and hovering the mouse over it
would not expand the submenu. In some cases, even clicking on the menu
would do nothing at all - I would have to leave that item and come back.
Setting Admin | Preferences | Visual Effects to none eliminated the
freezing.
Score: DFS +1
29. Mar 11: d00F still a trolling snotfuck.
Score: d00F - 1,000,000,000,000
Jesus, DFS is completely self-addled. I thought "Hadron" was nuts.
DFS is off the scale.
--
Famous last words:
(1) Don't unplug it, it will just take a moment to fix.
(8) Don't worry! Women love it!
flatfish+++
Guess you haven't been following along Jed.
Chris
2011-03-11 22:15:31 UTC
Post by JEDIDIAH
You found no problems. All you did was expose your own ignorance.
Actually that's not true. He "found" one problem. One that is known since
2004 or 2005 or something.
Well, after completely misunderstanding what the problem is.